Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I have suffered from acne for about 3 years now, and I'm now 15. My acne has recently started to get worse, and I am feeling really annoyed. I have been trying the new topical gel - Freederm which is available from most pharmacies for £9. It does say you should use it twice a day, but I only use it at night because it shows up on my face, and I cant bear having it showing on my face whilst at school. Has anyone else tried freederm gel? if so any results or feedback? and I would really really really appreciate any tips about using freederm to be more successful or even some general spot clearing tips..? if possible..please..

John

Hi,

I have suffered from acne for about 3 years now, and I'm now 15. My acne has recently started to get worse, and I am feeling really annoyed. I have been trying the new topical gel - Freederm which is available from most pharmacies for £9. It does say you should use it twice a day, but I only use it at night because it shows up on my face, and I cant bear having it showing on my face whilst at school. Has anyone else tried freederm gel? if so any results or feedback? and I would really really really appreciate any tips about using freederm to be more successful or even some general spot clearing tips..? if possible..please..

John

I haven't tried Freederm, but I have tried other nicotinamide products as antiinflamitory and oil control. My understanding is that this is basically an antiinflamitory which treats acne but does little to prevent it. If I were you, I'd find some sort of treatment to use during the day, likely a salicylic acid, to prevent your pores from clogging (this will take a while, maybe 2 months or more for full results). I think it's often useful to use more than one active ingredient, especially when you're using something like niacinamide which is pretty gentle on the skin.

I've tried Freederm. It didn't work too good. For £9 I was expecting good results. After a month of using it the results were not showing. Altogether I was on it for 2 months so that's £18 and the results were very bad for the price I paid. It might be better for you, I don't know, but i'm just saying that the price is too high. So now I use urine. Free and natural! :cool: