Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SCAR

whey and acne

hey all :) ,

I love body building. It is the best thing that has happen to me since i picked up a guitar. Anyways, how much whey protein should i take to supplement my work out? my goal is fat loss and gain muscle.

my regime consists of these:

20 min of cardio to warm up

then 60 min of exercise

20 min of cardio again

i work 6 days a week, and i use the stripping method

so far it is working great! however, i want to know more about this whey protein and most importantly, does it affect acne?

thanks alot

lol... i'm not familiar with the "stripping method"... i don't want to know either mate.

but anywayz, i am in the same situation as ya. i love bbing but wanna start on protein shakes, dno if they will fuck up my skin or what?!

anyone?

lee.

you arent going to loss fat and gain muscle at the same time.

Says who???

If you are lifting you build muscle (metabolically active tissue). The more lean muscle you have the higher your resting metabolism is, thus the more calories you burn, even at rest. If you don't consume enough calories to maintain your lean muscle, than you will burn fat to support your metabolism.

I lift regularly. I only weigh about 110lbs (50kilos) but I need to consume about 3000-3500 calories a day to prevent my body fat from dropping below 18% (at this point I loose my boobs and look like Nicole Ritchie on steroids).

Says who???

If you are lifting you build muscle (metabolically active tissue). The more lean muscle you have the higher your resting metabolism is, thus the more calories you burn, even at rest. If you don't consume enough calories to maintain your lean muscle, than you will burn fat to support your metabolism.

I lift regularly. I only weigh about 110lbs (50kilos) but I need to consume about 3000-3500 calories a day to prevent my body fat from dropping below 18% (at this point I loose my boobs and look like Nicole Ritchie on steroids).

if you actually want to put on a good amount of weight.. you arent going to losing weight while your putting on muscle.. its just not going to happen.. if your eating 500calories of your intake your just not going to lose any extra weight... hence the terms.. bulking and cutting.. they arent meant to be done at the same time.

Says who???

if you actually want to put on a good amount of weight.. you arent going to losing weight while your putting on muscle.. its just not going to happen.. if your eating 500calories of your intake your just not going to lose any extra weight... hence the terms.. bulking and cutting.. they arent meant to be done at the same time.

Loosing fat and loosing weight arent the same thing. If you are aiming at a specific weight (like cutting to make weight for a weight class or something) than you shouldn't try to build muscle, while you are cutting weight, since lean muscle is dense and heavy. I look like I should weigh less than 100lbs (about 45 kilos). I'm tiny (I have a 23 inch waist). I weigh about 10-15 lbs more than I should for my height (5') and build because of my muscle. I don't care what the scale says, but I don't have any reason to be under a certain weight....

If all you want to do is build muscle and loose fat (and you don't care about weight), than you can lift and burn fat at the same time. The number on the scale may or may not indicate how much fat is lost. I like testing body fat instead of weight, so I know when to cut back on cardio, and go easy on the weights, so I don't get to skinny.

You can't gain much muscle mass and lose weight at the same time. Itjust can't happen,unless you take steriods as was mentioned. The whole idea of what is needed to build muscle is contradictory to what is needed to burn fat. Doesn'tmatter what you say, you are wrongon this. It's just like people who say you can target where you lose fat.

Labgirl: In his original post he said you can't lose FAT and gain muscle at the same time and you said says who, then you start talking about losing weight and muscle. He mentioned fat originally, not weight in general. Of course if you gainmuscle you are gaining weight.

I'm also a bodybuilder.... this is my everyday workout for gaining muscles and losing weight, VERY EFFECTIVE!!:

1. 2-3 1/2 hours gym

Workout Plan:

1. Chest, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Abs (M-W-F)

2. Back, Legs, Biceps, Triceps, Abs (T-TH-S)

3. Sunday is my relax day, i eat lots of meat at this day.

2. Eat 1 cup of rice every meal. Don't starve your self, you need energy in body building and hunger makes you crave for more food as day goes by. Eat right, lose weight on workout.

3. DRINK COLD WATER DRING WORKOUT!

3. Avoid chiken skins and fats. Eat lots of white beard and vegetables with meat... not meat with vegetables ( i know you know what i mean :D )

I'm also a bodybuilder.... this is my everyday workout for gaining muscles and losing weight, VERY EFFECTIVE!!:

1. 2-3 1/2 hours gym

Workout Plan:

2. Eat 1 cup of rice every meal. Don't starve your self, you need energy in body building and hunger makes you crave for more food as day goes by. Eat right, lose weight on workout.

3. Avoid chiken skins and fats. Eat lots of white beard and vegetables with meat... not meat with vegetables ( i know you know what i mean :D )

Ok.... TO all u out there apsiring to pack on muscle. Your on the wrong FORUM u dumbasses!!!

ok forgive my negative tone. Seriously your all somewhat mislead. Including this post above about eating rice every meal. That will lead to serious heath problems later.

go to this forum http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/Beginne...rumid_71/tt.htm

get a program from that site somewhere. Or just type body building in a browser.

Most heavy lifters agree that diet is 90% of the equation for building muscle.

In my personal opinion the key to building serious muscle is to research every facet of it. Get 3 or 4 different programs, track the foods you eat, track your progress, have a proper supplementation plan.

This doesn't answer the original ? as to whether working out affects acne. Honestly I don't know.

One thing for sure, in order to build muscle you will need to injest plenty of protein & possibly creatine, glutamine, glucosamine, & flax oil, (& maybe more).... I know flax oil is supposed to help with acne but as for the others I'm keeping track as I just started working out again after 4years off. I'll post on here if I find any correlation between lifting & acne.

1. 2-3 1/2 hours gym

Workout Plan:

no offense but thats a pretty lousy workout/diet plan.. and btw.. you should be avoiding white bread and stick to whole wheat bread..

of course you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, though taking shed loads of protein shakes won't help you lose weight.

Some people get things so wrong and read these body building magazines, and start of from zero, then right in to the routines of those who have been doing it years, usually people end up looking fat due to all the protein shakes.

Why do people want to look this way? wouldn't a nice athletic/muscular body be better?

You don't need protein shakes to get a good body, only really for those who want to eventually look like arnie, which in my opinion looks ridiculous.

Anyway, high intensity muscular work out is probably going to fuck your skin up whether you take whey or not, because of the increase in hormones.

A friend of mine who's never had spots has been working out like crazy the past year, stupidly heavy weights and shakes galore, he has no body tone anymore and it starting to look chubby in my opinion and to add to it, he's now got spots on his neck and back, he's 30 :)

Also 6 days a week? when does your body rest and rebuild? hmmm

yeah i am gonna cut back to 5 days a week now

6 days is jsut too much

there is a way to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time

it is mention in Arnold's swarzennagger's modern body building encyclopia. it is really similar to the akin's diet that was popular last year or so. basically, u eat alot of protein veggies and fruits to feed your muscles while at the same time u try to cut back on the carb without getting into a state of ketosis.