Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lanks

Side effects of BP

I'm using Benzac AC the only pharamacy wide BP gel available in Australia.

This is the same as all other BP so for you people thinking about going on the regimen, do not take it lightly.

Benzac (Benzoyl Peroxide Topical)

Benzac Information

Benzac, with the generic name of Benzoyl Peroxide Topical, has an antibacterial and mild drying effect that wash away excess oils and dirt.

Benzac Indications

Benzac is used to treat acne cases.

Benzac Warnings/Precautions

Benzac should not be used on sunburned, wind burned, dry, chapped, or irritated skin. It should not be applied on wounds or on areas with eczema. Allow these conditions to heal prior to using Benzac as it can cause further complications.

This drug belongs to FDA Pregnancy Category C. This entails that its effects on an unborn child is uncertain. If you are pregnant or planning to be, talk with your doctor first before deciding to use Benzac.

Nursing mothers are also suggested to see their doctor prior to using this medication as it is not known if Benzac passes into breast milk.

Benzac Intake Instructions

This medicament must be taken exactly as directed by your physician. Follow instructions in the label carefully. If anything appears unclear to you, have a certified medical person give further explanation.

Below is the basics of how Benzac is used:

Wash hands before applying.

Clean and dry area to be applied.

Shake lotion well before use.

Apply Benzac to the affected area. Avoid the eyes, inside of the nose or mouth, lips, and broken skin to prevent irritation. If you happen to have accidentally put medication in those areas, just rinse it off with water.

Do not cover the area treated with Benzac unless directed by your doctor, as it can be harmful if too much medicine is absorbed by the body.

Benzac is usually applied one to three (1-3) times a day. However, should you experience painful burning, dryness or any irritation, see your doctor. Frequency of application may be reduced in this case.

Do not discontinue use of Benzac if results are not seen right away. It may take few weeks to see its effects.

Benzac Missed Dose

If you happen to miss a dose, apply as soon as you remember as long as it is not almost time for the next dose. Otherwise, skip it and proceed with the next scheduled application.

Benzac Overdose

Over dosage of Benzac is unlikely to happen. However, should you suspect an over dosage situation or has accidentally ingested the medicine, phone an emergency room or poison control left.

Benzac Side Effects

Though serious side effects are unlikely to occur, seek medical help and stop usage of Benzac if you observe any of the following allergic reactions:

Shortness of breath

Closing of the throat

Swelling of the lips, face, tongue, or hives

You may experience burning, s tinging, tingling, itching, redness, dryness, peeling or other possible irritations while using Benzac. If these happen to be intolerable, see your doctor. Frequency of application may have to be reduced.

For other side effects not indicated that may be particularly causing discomfort, inform your physician.

Benzac Drug Interactions

Avoid using Benzac if you are under the treatment of tretinoin (Altinac, Avita, Renova, Retin-A) as this may lead to skin irritation.

Refrain from using harsh, abrasive, or irrita ting cleansers, perfumes, or cosmetics, or other topical products on the applied area at the same time unless directed by your doctor, as this may intervene the activity of Benzac.

Do not combine sunscreen containing PABA and benzoyl peroxide as it can lead to temporary skin discoloration.

So, now I know why I'm breaking out again. I used sunscreen and benzoyl peroxide together.

I also put a few threatments on while having sunburn so beware.

It didn't hurt that much at all, i've been using full dosage since the start My skin is tough. But I did break out pretty bad on my left cheek.