Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest chon_bon

bp gel and red marks

Guest chon_bon

is it ture that bp gel dries the skin, removing natural oils, which cause red spots and other scars to heal slower? right now i have no more active zits, thanks to the CSR gel, but i do have a lot of red marks... i thought it would be a good idea to hold back on the BP for a little.

i have never heard about that removing of natural oils things but it sounds legit as BP can and often does f*&K with your skin in a very unnatural way, im curious, how long did it take? and how long have you been liberated from your acne for? i would, experiment! , if you can afford to... hold off on BP, to see if zits come back... if no zits come back start trying out ways to reduce rednesss braah. if acne does come back... seee what plays nicely with BP. btw what kind of moisturizer are you using?

Guest chon_bon

i never really had serious acne to begin with, i would consider it slightly mild. but ever since i started using BP (about 3 months ago) i noticed the number of breakouts really drop. i don't even follow the regimen correctly, i used bp only once a day and without a moisturizer. i moisturized in the morning and during the day with neutrogena healthy skin spf 15 (with AHA.) AHA is suppose to be good for red marks, and that is my main problem right now.

currently i am using the CSR gel as a spot treatment for when i break out, but i still apply it twice a week to keep things in check. i'll keep you guys updated on how my red marks are healing without the everyday application of BP gel.

is it ture that bp gel dries the skin, removing natural oils, which cause red spots and other scars to heal slower? right now i have no more active zits, thanks to the CSR gel, but i do have a lot of red marks... i thought it would be a good idea to hold back on the BP for a little.

appearantly. that's y u need smth else to deal with red marks during the regimen.

so far neutrogena healthy skin face lotion seems to do the job.

gush i hafta demand some money from neutrogena, i've been advertising their stuff allover! :D

Since i knew about about BP gel, iv been using it, but it didnt work at first until i saw Dan's regimen. Thats what cause my red scarring, by using a face cloth before i knew about the regimen.

However, iv used laods of products containing BP, ranging from OXY, Neutrogena and Panoxyl (varying in strenghts) and all have aggrevated existing red marks haking them look worse.

Since iv been on Duac Gel (1% Clindamycin, 5% BP) iv experienced no redness, no irritation to anything on my face, red marks dont look red like beofre with other products. There is no dryness/tighness when applying the gel.

This stuff is excellent, the reason why iv said all that is because my doctor (im in UK by the way) told me some skin types act differently to normal BP(nothing added) and can make face worse by irritating it.

He also told me, if you want your scars to heal faster, you have to not use products like gycolic gel to fade marks as this strips teh oils/minerals out of your skin causeing ageing skin.

The best thing for scars he said was Vitamin E, that makes the skin stronger and regenerate faster, by breaking down scar tissue slowly and renewing it.

Scar tissue is deep in the skin so it takes ages for effects to show, so as with everything, it takes time

hope that helps