Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Psyche

Tea Tree Oil Instead of BP?

I am concerned about the preservatives in BP, as well as the harsh drying effect it is having on my skin. I look like I have been sunburned, and I feel bad enough about my face as it is.

I read other people's accounts..that the redness is still there after months, and I don't know if I want to continue on with somehting that will cause my face to look this red and dry and crappy.

So, I have been reading about tea tree oil, that it has the same effects as BP without all the side effects. Has anyone tried the Regimen with tea tree oil? I am very interested in finding out. Please respond!! I am seriously thinking of switching because of how red my face is.

did not get anywhere near the same results as I did following the CSR (BP), don't know about what happens over a long period of time though. it can also be JUST as irritating if not more when not used sparingly.

Tea Tree oil didn't work for me either. But I may not have used enough or for long enough. I know that it is a VERY popular ingredient in almost all acne fighting products that I've seen (and that's a lot of products)

i tried tea tree oil as well..stuck with it for over a month..and it didnt' work for me either...dan's bp gel has been the best i've ever used! i've even used tea tree oil shampoo for my scalp acne..and it didnt do a darned thing..

i used tea tree oil for at least 4 months everyday. at first it did seem like it was helping, but eventually i had to stop because i thought it was irritating my skin and making everything worse. for a while after that, i would sometimes spot treat with it, but have since stopped using it altogether.

TTO broke me out HORRIBLY, took me forever to get my face back to "normal". IF you do use it, make sure to dilute it, dont use it straight, it's way to harsh for that. The smell is HORRID and after it broke me out I was so afraid to use anything that had TTO in it. I now use a soap that has TTO in it and I do fine. Just be careful.

i started using TTO from the body shop..but doesn't seem to work for me..i heard that its a good product that prevents acnes..but i guess not.. it seemed to work for me for the first few times i used it..but it doesn't work afterward..but ya..ive heard that jurlique TTO is a good product to prevent the breakouts..have you guys ever tried it b4?

I've used it for around a six month period before, around the 2-3 months mark my face looked ever so slightly better, then it gradually got worse. Although on a plus note it didnt irritate my face at all (I was using the pure stuff).