Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballaballa

Salicylic Acid

Sup Ballaballa,

Im tryin this new thing that Enigma is doin. I used to use proactiv but the BP wasnt helpin my red marks cuz thats all I really got. I got redmarks on both sides of my jawline.

All im doin is washin with Cetaphil morning and night. But at night im usin AHA lotion that has 10% GA. You should try it man ... if u havnt at least. This is my 4th night that I been doin this and Im actually gettin positive results. I'll let u know by like week 2 if its still improving. :cool:

Twista's right, GA helps alot of people with red marks because it exfoliates the surface of your skin. Salicylic's better for active acne cause it exfoliates inside the pores.

SA and Gyclolic Acid are two very good exfoliators.

SA digs in deeper into the pores while Glycolic doesn't go as so deep.

The big difference between SA and Glycolic is that SA can be very drying, and at the same time results are not as rapid as Gycloic. That is the great marvelous wonder of Glycolic Acid, it does the job, not only does it do it right, but it does if pretty quick making it the most effective working product out there. Some people have waited and waited to see results from SA or BP and they are slow.

Glycolic Acid also keeps the skin smooth, toned, clear...in my opinion it's much greater than SA. Glycolic promotes new fresh skin. Plus in many individuals Glycolic stops the zits from forming..which in my case that happens. :D

Twista! How are things going for you? :D

I love Glycolic :)

It's amazing when you put it on at night and wake up the next morning and lo and behold, those red marks actually look a bit lighter!

Which one do use Enigma? I'm looking for a good 10-12%. I'm using MDF but it's buffered and only works out to be about 8%. It's quite expensive too, but then again they charge you your life's saving's for it here in NZ and then some!

Would going on a strict SA regimen help red marks? Anyone get good results from using SA?

don't think so.

try neutrogena healthy skin face lotion. it contains AHA and it helps to fade those.

OOOps, just saw your regime Enigma, I was thinking of giving that Alpha Hydrox a go, it seems to have good feedback, and it's a good price.

OOOps, just saw your regime Enigma, I was thinking of giving that Alpha Hydrox a go, it seems to have good feedback, and it's a good price.

Hey shortcake! :D

I'm gonna start using the lotion for my back and shoulders where I have the most spots right now. The lotion has cleared my areas but I'm thinking of getting the Alpha Hydrox Souffle which has more concentration of 12%.

You may want to try that out..but it contains so less of it. It's a tiny jar lol I haven't tried it, but it sure sounds awesome. Also the Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Formula sounds really good from many reviews I read online and I think it's their best AHA product, I might start using the lotion for my back and shoulders and use the souffle for my face.

I am now convinced that I need to use a moisturizer with glycolic acid. I have tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA but it was too greasy for me. I may try the AHA Soffle as well.

I use both! A salacylic acid toner and glycolic acid lotion. The two together do wonders for the pores and skin. Keeps my acne controlled that I hardly ever experience breakouts.

What brand of SA toner do you use, terihe?

I make my own but it is like Professional Solutions Formulations sold by Diana Yvonne. It consists of 2% salacylic acid, SD Alcohol, and propelyne glycol. My skin is oily and the alochol does not dry me. It consists of 2 parts alochol and 1 part propelyene glycol. I like it because it absorbs immediately. This is at a ph of 1.9 kind of like a peel so it has very good efficiacy. I don't like products that have a lot of preservatives and tons of ingredients. My skin does better with simple and clean formulations.

This astringent im using by vichy(a green bottle) has both glycolic acid and salicylic acid dont kno i think it helps a lil not some huge amt though...

This astringent im using by vichy(a green bottle) has both glycolic acid and salicylic acid dont kno i think it helps a lil not some huge amt though...

I think two exfoliants might work better than one. Salicylic acid is an exfoliant...results might be very good.

Salicylic on my skin though aggravates it...I have very delicate skin. :doubt:

Hi,

A quite good salicylic acid product is Exfol from Skin Biology. It's in a aloe vera base, no alcohol, so is quite good for sensitive skin. I can't really use other salicylic products, too drying, but I like this. It is a serum though, not a toner, but dries like there's nothing there. It's about $10 for 30ml but you only need a couple of drops because the aloe makes it spread really well.

I'm alternating this with glycolic lotion/toner to clean both the inside of pores and exfoliate the outside surface of the skin and deal with red marks.

Hi,

A quite good salicylic acid product is Exfol from Skin Biology. It's in a aloe vera base, no alcohol, so is quite good for sensitive skin. I can't really use other salicylic products, too drying, but I like this. It is a serum though, not a toner, but dries like there's nothing there. It's about $10 for 30ml but you only need a couple of drops because the aloe makes it spread really well.

I'm alternating this with glycolic lotion/toner to clean both the inside of pores and exfoliate the outside surface of the skin and deal with red marks.

That is a very good salacylic acid product. It has the proper ph which is 3.2.

I am now convinced that I need to use a moisturizer with glycolic acid. I have tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA but it was too greasy for me. I may try the AHA Soffle as well.

I suggest the souffle. I have two barely-used bottles of healthy skin lotion in my medicine cabinet -- the first one I bought was far too greasy, so I thought the one without SPF might be less so, and it's just as bad. I like the souffle a lot though. Maybe it's because my skin is drier than it was when I tried the healthy skin stuff but I like it a lot. It's also a high percentage of AHAs which makes it a good value -- it's on par with a lot of the OTC peels on the market in terms of the amount of GA, but you get a bunch of uses for $16, as opposed to a few uses for much more money.