Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeniferjupiter

retin a+ exfoliation

Hi guys...

I just started looking around on this message board, and I have a question for all of y'all who have used retin A....

I just started the .05 cream at night one week ago, and I've been pretty dry and flaky. Is it okay to exfoliate on retin a, or is that just a recipe for disaster? I don't want to irritate my skin furthur, but the flakes are gross looking. Also, how long do I have to wait to put on moisturiser after i put on retin a?

Thanks!

Here is my regimine as of now.

morning:

eucerin sensitive gentle hydrating cleanser

clindamycin lotion

spf 30 eucerin extra protective moisturiser

prescriptives foundation (tons of it)

evening:

one multivitamin

eucerin cleanser

retin a

nivea multiple results night serum for eye area

Hi,

I've been using retin-a for about 3 1/2 mths now. I did peel quite a bit the first few weeks but I don't now. My skin may be just used to it now but I also use a fesh clean facecloth every night when I rinse off my cleanser, I don't rub hard, just wipe while face still wet. I think this helps keep flakiness away. I bought a weeks worth of facecloths form a cheap linen store and just throw it in the washing after every use. I guess you use retin-a at night? You could do that in the morning to avoid irritation til your skin's used to retin-a. I just wouln't do anything too harsh.

You can exfoliate gently everyday or every second day, if the irritation is a bit too much than back off. I found eexfoliating temporarily increases redness, but doesn't effect the overall amount of irritation much at all. As far as moisturizing, I don't moisturize at night with the cream, I find the cream is moisturizing enough when I put it on, I just moisturize in the morning.