Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xmaddenlovato

Emily's Clear Skin Regimen Log

this is my second time on Dan's regimen. i used it about a year ago and i stopped using it because i found another product that i thought would work better (it didn't, of course) so I'm really hoping i'll stick with it this time.

the products i'm using are:

cetaphil gentle cleanser

Dan's 2.5% BP Gel

Cetaphil moisturizer with SPF

I also use neutrogena skinclearing makeup & oil blotting sheets during the day. I take a multi-vitamin made for teens, and I get enough sleep during the night. :)

Day 1

the first time i used the regimen was at night, so it's not a full "day" yet. but thats okay. my skin looks kind of blotchy because its the first time using 2.5% BP all over my face in a while. But I did feel really clean afterwards, even though the moisturizer made my face kinda greasy feeling. tomorrow is the first time i'm going to be doing this regimen in the morning before school, so hopefully i'll have enough time to get ready!

Day 2

This morning i did the regimen and i actually had more than enough time to do it. my makeup was easy to put on too. at school i went to the bathroom & noticed i had 2 huge whiteheads :[ i popped one in the bathroom AT SCHOOL so yeah i was embarassed all day. my acne seems to be kinda getting worse.. just a litte bit. but its probably from switching products and my skin is not used to this BP all over my face. it's night time right now and i just did the regimen, and right after i put on the cetaphil moisturizer, my face was really red and burning. it went away in like 10 minutes but i didn't like that feeling at all. it's only the second day but i really really wish this regimen was working faster. i have a feeling i'm going to give up after like the 5th day or something because i suck at sticking with regimens :[

Day 4

Sorry.. i skipped day 3 because i didn't have time to come online. But my face is actually doing better, breakout-wise. It's really REALLY dry though, right after i wash. after i put the BP & moisturizer, on i'm fine. the last few days at school i've been getting really noticable whiteheads which is really embarassing. i almost quit the regimen yesterday because i was feeling crappy and i had no hope at all. but after reading some posts on here, and thinking about it, i've decided i'm going to stick with it. i have a dermatologist appointment for march 21st, so i'll keep doing the regimen until then. then, if the derm perscribes me a pill or something like that, obviously i will stop the regimen and try that if i still dont have clear skin by march 21st. i just HATE having to wait so long for results!

Day 6

I can't believe it's already day 6. My skin is looking really good today. The side of my face is looking a lot better, and that's usually where my acne is the worst. My skin feels so smooth. I have a tiny breakout on the sides of my nose and it kind of just looks like a small rash of tiny red bumps. It's not that bad though. I'm really trying to stop picking and popping pimples, since i think that is what 90% of my problem is.

I'm also breaking out a little on my upperlip, the area between my top lip & nose. but i think it's because i used vasoline on my lips. so i'm definitely going to stop using the vasoline.

Day 9

Wow day 9 already. My face is still looking good. WAYYYY WAY better than it was before i ever started this regimen. my acne is so under control. my dry skin is still really bad but after i apply my moisturizer it's fine. my face is a little broken out, and a few pimples are only visible because i popped them :[ i can't stop popping haha. oh well. i'll update tomorrow or in a few days.

Day 17

Well at least i THINK it's day 17. i can't believe i've stuck it out for this long. right now my skin is broken out. but im pretty sure it's because i've been picking a lot. its the weekend now so im going to try to get my skin back under control by monday for school. my skin gets SO OILY during the day and some spots are dry. i think it's because of my makeup though. i cant wait until i dont have to wear makeup anymore. also, when i dont moisturize at night my skin gets very dull looking and breaks out more.

Day 19

Over the weekend I had a friend sleepover and we were really busy so i didn't have a change to do the regimen until saturday night. my face is pretty broken out but hopefully it will clear up soon. my period just ended too so that probably has something to do with the acne. theres nothing else to really say. i need to order some new BP gel soon!