Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My friend had really bad acne .She went home and thencame to school the next day her acne is almost gone. I oculnt belive it. is it true toothpaste is the best thing for your face.

i heard this too and i tried it. it didn't really do me much good. it may help and it may not, but it's not something you should start doing on a daily basis all over your face. it's not meant for that. a pea sized amount on a really big zit applied overnite can help but i highly caution you on using it everyday or all over you face. hope i helped!

it'll help on cyts and relieving pain like dab the toothpaste on it or something and it will swell down almost instantly.. well not instantly but like it'll help get the pain away

My grandmother used to do this when she was a young girl. I've tried it too (make sure it's regular toothpaste) It does help to dry out a pimple but doesn't work over night or anything & I think it does help with pain (a little). I've also crushed asprin, mixed it with water to make a thick paste & put that on my zit & let it dry. Someone told me about that a long time ago & I can't remember why I did it. I think it does something with the reddness????

-Crisco

Yes, it works. Use the white toothpaste, not gel toothpaste. I've heard it's not great for your skin so i only use it on the huge, embarassing ones. It either calms them down or brings them to a head so they can be popped and drained without irritation.

how long should the toothpaste be applied on before washing off?

i got this huge cyst-like thing behind my earlobe. it gets smaller and bigger depending on its mood, lol.. the only thing it doesnt do is to go off.. even on accutane, it pops up during my course.

it has been there for several months, its not like the ordinary red cyst anymore, there's a little black colour on the skin.. would like to try on it, haha.

thanks..

i got this huge cyst-like thing behind my earlobe. it gets smaller and bigger depending on its mood, lol.. the only thing it doesnt do is to go off.. even on accutane, it pops up during my course.

it has been there for several months, its not like the ordinary red cyst anymore, there's a little black colour on the skin.. would like to try on it, haha.

thanks..

I have that EXACT same thing, it sucks. goes up and down.

thanks..

I have that EXACT same thing, it sucks. goes up and down.

at least i know i'm not alone now.. lol

thanks..

Yeah, I got some of those too.. I have a few on my cheek and my mom was worried they were skin cancer but the derm told me they were cysts... then he squeezed to big one really hard to make sure that's what it was and now it hurts like a ^[email protected]#*$& !! lol..

I don't think toothpaste is likely to help your acne situation. I can see how toothpaste would dry out a zit, I can also see it leading to skin irritation too. Remember that a zit is the end stage of acne. That zit is building up beneath your skin long before it comes up to the surface. You would be better off trying to prevent the zit from forming rather than trying to get rid of it in the end stages of its life.

I've always read in teen magazine beauty tips that toothpaste helps clear up a breakout. I've tried it probably a couple dozen times when I'm feeling particularly desperate and have never found it to work, ever. It is possible that a huge cystic zit didn't get as big as it could have because of the toothpaste, but I doubt it. There are so many ingredients in toothpaste that could be irritating to your skin that it's not really worth it. Also, I've heard that it has to be actual toothPASTE, not a gel, for it to have any effect.