Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hollywood is the source of all stereotypes, just think for a minute how many stereotypes come from movies...its fuckin endless

case in point :

The hunchback of notre dame : Brands all hunchbacks as weird recluses

cinderella : brands all stepsisters as evil

the sword in the stone : brands all owls as wise and all wizards as weird fuckers who live in forests..uh that might actually be true.

the craft : this movie depicts the weird looking girls who wear black in school as witches.

Various Mafia movies create the impression that all italians are in the mob.

i'm sure there are tons others but i cant think right now..........

my point is movies don't mimic reality, reality mimics movies...

Nope, you've just seen a trend and decided to run with it.

when you say that it has branded something, your saying that it's polarised popular opinion to agree with it's point of view, i know for a fact that the majority of people in the world:

a) don't see hunchbacks as social recluses, most people see them as any other disabled person, i.e. you think they're probably a little bit more lonely than most people, though this is not the influence of a disney movie.

b)noone i know sees stepsisters as evil, and anyone has more sense than to judge people simply by relation.

c) disney did not create the image of a wise owl, the image of the wise owl has been around for centuries

d) i dont know anypone that thinks girls wearing black in school, they're called goths or emos and their a little weird but are in no way defined as witches.

e) The Italian mafia was one of the biggest mafia operations in the world, its only natural for the media tpo pick this up.

You're whole argument is flawed, although hollywood has in the past influenced some peoples views, it is by no means a majority.

One of the flaws of Hollywood I see is that in almost every movie or series, all the American girls are hot models, which is just a joke.

well actually my examples were meant to be more of a joke cuz i could'nt think of any good ones,but i do believe mafia movies cause streotypes cuz my dads italian and people always ask him if hes in the mob or knows anyone in the mob. there are other exaamples i'm sure but i'm drawing blanks right now,one thing i do know is after the craft came out there were all theses girls in my school dressing and acting that way..

see...people mimic movies...they say movies mimic people but actually people mimic movies...see you can see how hollywood controls fads and stuff.but youre right ferret,it doesnt cause ALL stereotypes, but then what does?? i gues theres radio,magazines etc too

Guest doremi

How about the asian male stereotypes as bookish, geeky, and unmanly?

Wait.. :think:

Guest tenshigirl25

i think the italian 1 is true..ppl stereotype that a lot..

im a white girl with long blonde hair and ppl look at me like im a barbie or automatically think im into surfie guys...here in Australia..overseas everyone thinks im russian. :rolleyes:

asian guys i think diofferent, coz i was in japan and i see it varies..japanese guys seem cool to me, not nerdy..

the sword in the stone : brands all owls as wise and all wizards as weird fuckers who live in forests..uh that might actually be true.

These actually didnt originate from hollywood, they are fairytails and books, hollywood just adapted them into movies. And they arent branding anything they are just stories for entertainment. Thats why its FICTION.

Guest tenshigirl25

These actually didnt originate from hollywood, they are fairytails and books, hollywood just adapted them into movies. And they arent branding anything they are just stories for entertainment. Thats why its FICTION.

yeah but i see what he is saying..like the "mother in law" stigma...or the girls dressed in black with lots of makeup are weirdos, which actually most are but not a bad thing..since when did weird mean bad? weird ppl are the best ppl..

Yeah true, but hollywood arent responsible for those 3 stereotypes I mentioned. As for hollywood creating stereotypes, sure they might, but who takes hollywood seriously anyway.

I hope the masses can distinguish what is reality and what isn't. Too many people take everything in Hollywood at face value.

Ya but kids watch these movies and we all know kids are very impressionable, disney movies and fairy tails distorted my brain a little i'm sure of it....that one that's like..hey diddle diddle that dude in the middle or whatever and I thought fork really did run away with the spoon.

Youre right people should take it as fiction but the truth is people take movies pretty seriously and even more so when your a kid...

although i did mention the disnay ones as A JOKE...u all took them seriously and burned me for them didn't

you?...we'll that just proves my point i guess...people take thing to seriously including movies,tabloids(theres people that believe bat boy exists) Think about it...what is all around us that influences us everyday rain or shine...TV..TV and movies mold society.