Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LK2507

Normal to get a spot here and there on reg?

So Im staying pretty clear now that Im off Accutane sinse June and have started the reg in Nov due to very mild breakouts. I started reg just cause I didnt want those big ones to come back. I had moderate inflam acne before the tane. I always got the big ones. well sinse i have been on the reg Nov 22nd I have had seriously about 5 zits 3 of which where inflamed. I just got one yesterday. Its not that big but Im worried that the reg isnt going to work. Sooo

For those of you who have been on the reg for a long time, is it nothing to freak out about if you get an occasional small inflammed zit? Ive read some people on here stay 100% clear on it. Even with bad acne.

I dont mind at all getting one here and there. I guess Im just paranoid cause I have been off Accutane and the anticipation of waiting to see if my acne will come back is killing me!

I get one or two TRY to come up around my cycle time, but the bp really kills them before they get big and ugly, they just disappear. I have not had an inflamed one in many months, thank goodness! BP really keeps them down for me.

When I first started I was pretty good for the first several months. This past month I haven't gone a week w/out getting a new one. My face isn't bad but i'm worrying that it's suddenly losing it's efficacy. :(

I really hope not. I'm going to have to start entertaining other alternatives.

I'm a 1 a day guy. Can't do the two day.

I've been on the regimen for a few years. I break out a little sometimes, and it's no big deal. My skin is basically in great condition.

Sweet, thanks for the replies.. I mabe sinse Im not even 2 months on the reg it still has some zit blocking potential to get to.

Vanessa and Jeniphile.. What kind of acne do or did you fight with? big inflamed kinds or the smaller ones?

Like I said I dont mind getting one or 2 here and there.... This one is small but it is a bit inflamed. Even when I used to only get a few big ones here and there I didnt mind.. Id rather not see those big ones again though.

LK2507, I have been diagnosed with cystic acne. Big, inflamed pimples that leave red marks despite never picking at my skin.

I only get the occasional inflamed one (maybe every couple months). And I get some trying to come up, but they go away so it's just like a temporary red mark for a couple of days.

But if you haven't been on the regimen for two months yet, wait a bit and see. that's very early.

Yeah I plan on sticking with it. Its nearing my time of month so I imagine that is why I got this one aaand the other one I discovered last night :(

My acne before accutane was I think def cystic to some degree. Never bad enough that I had to get those cortizone shots or whatever. Even when I was in HS I had acne and would get the big ones but they were so few and far between I didnt mind them that much. My acne has always been in the Tzone not cheeks like other peoples. Although as I have gotten into my early 20s I started getting more and it did migrate to also breakout in my temple area and an occasional one on the cheek area. Mine was moderate in that I didnt get that much but severe in the kind I guess. thats what the Derm said. cause the lesions I got could scar. I just hope the BP keeps it from going back to how it was post Accutane. That would keep me happy.

If anyone else has had Cystic or inflamed acne and the reg helped you out let me know it would be encouraging.

mine was always inflamed, with the frequent cyst. I never had any whiteheads or blackheads, just the painful, red, big ones. And yes the Regimen has kept it under control. I had done Accutane too, several years ago, and when it came back I began the whole derm routine again, then got tired of that and started trying otc products again, and this time last year found this website. So yea, even after Accutane, this Regimen does work for me.

Awesome! thank you so much for the reply. Did you get yours primarily in the Tzone as well?

How long did it take to get to the point where zits only attempt to come but get knocked out by the BP like you said.

Im at about 2 months is that early, there for no reason to worry about these too inflammed buggers that broke through.

Bleh! this one on my forehead it horrible!!!! I wonder if its form the Micro Derm Embrasion. Ive decided to cut it from my reg. I was advised too. Only reason I was on it was because I WAS %100 clear. Now i have these 2 monsters... :( Still hoping and praying the reg will keep me %100 clear after the tane