Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

10 months post tane: I have 5 new lesions ? :S

Hi Taners,

So over the holidays something weird happened: I don't know what triggered it but I started breaking out again. So, I went from having no lesions to 6! I have 4 on my chin and two on my forehead. I ain't happy because I want none. Anyway, i'm sure this will resolve itself. I have no doubt that this is hormonal and that if I lost more weight, this issue would resolve. I don't know ...I guess i'm calling all ex-taners. Support needed :S

Just remember, it's still alot better than it used to be. Hopefully it will work itself out. I've read alot of Accutane journals where women say they still get acne around that time of the month, although I can;t offer any personal experiences, it is probably normal

If it gets worse, see a derm. ASAP. Don't let it get out of hand like I did. I shoulda been starting this second course 3-4 months ago. Instead I started yesterday. Hopefully you don't have to see a derm. though.

How bad did it get the second time?

I have 6 medium sized ones. They're so ugly.

If it gets worse, see a derm. ASAP. Don't let it get out of hand like I did. I shoulda been starting this second course 3-4 months ago. Instead I started yesterday. Hopefully you don't have to see a derm. though.

5 months post tane here, starting to breakout again slowly. just started Vitamin a acid 0.025%, and spiro 50mg/day.

Best of luck to you, you seem to have made ot farther than I did. But I think differin and RAM is what got me to start breaking out again, well, mostly the oil is the main problem.

Hey Honey, whats up? Ugh- SO frusterating!!! Well, have you had ANY other breakouts since being off tane? If these are the first few popping up, then I would imagine it is just from hormones or possibly just a fluke.

I know it's really annoying and you dont want ANY breakouts (No one does, really) But, think of it like someone else said- It used to be worse, right? I think it will self-resolve. Honestly, no one goes through life (well, the majority of people) don't go through life with NO breakouts. So, as long as you are not experiencing major acne again- please don't stress.

I gotta say, I still havent taken the plunge. My skin is so funky. It gets HORRIBLE the week before my cycle- Like, maybe 7 cysts all scattered around my face... and then I get it, and they clear up completely. It's really weird...and then my skin looks awesome. I hate it, though- Because I get really used to clear(ish) skin, and then BOOM! I break out really,really badly. But- it's better than it was a few months ago when I broke out every single day and never had a nice skin day. Still on the fence over Accutane. Did you experience any hairloss, btw?

Anyway- I hope things continue to improve, and if anything changes- call your Doc. Did you happen to call an Endo, yet? I remember u were going to look into hormones. Good luck,sweets!

I agree that if it looks like you're acne is coming back to get back on accutane ASAP. We waited with my daughter way to long (about a year after the end of her 1st course). By that time her acne was really severe and pores really clogged. So the second time was much worse, I think because we waited too long.

It's month 5 on accutane (2nd time) and she is looking great.

My daughter's friend went on a 2nd course much sooner than my daughter and didn't get near as bad. The friend has looked perfect now for over a year. (I just saw her the other day and her skin is like a models.)

You know your skin and how it's relapsed from prior rounds of treatment. If it feels like it's getting out of control, get back to the derm ASAP.

My acne came back last April after using RAM and Ortho-Tri-Cyclen, and I wish I would have gone into the doctor's back then instead of waiting until August. I could have saved myself from some major problems.

Hey GO, I was also thinking about what you said about losing weight. Is your weight gain concentrated around your waistline? That could be a sign of PCOS and would be a good reason for why your acne is flaring again. I would try to go a hormonal route this time around and see if that helps.

Maybe your derm will agree, but whatever happens, I hope you get a more permanent solution this time around.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I was getting scared there for a while. After I made this post, I said that's it. I'm taking charge of my health. I started doing extensive research on what vitamins I may be lacking and now i'm on Vit B complex, D, evening primrose, digestive enzymes , and zinc.

I certainly don't think a depletion in these caused my bad acne, but i'm hoping that these will help. Let me tell you: after I started taking digestive enzymes (natural herbal ones for vegetarians) I felt sooo much better. THe existing acne around my chin from the last breakout started to disappear. The evening primrose oil has caused this glow to my skin and I feel a little wired from the B and D. Granted, I don't recommend taking supplements for the heck of it. I have researched how much I SHOULD take daily. Note: Most vitamins provide too much in one pill. Sometimes you have to cut the pill in two. It's very dangerous to play so you should all consult your drs and read read read. Esp Zinc which can build up in your body because it's a metal.

Nevertheless, I've made my resolution to feel the best I can. With regard to abdominal weight, I FEEL like I could lose some.

Re: hair loss, I lost a lot of hair about 5 months after accutane. But, I was willing to go bald just to end the skin torment. The hairloss is most noticeable to me when I wash it and style it, not to others. Also, layered haircuts make the head feel like there's less hair too.

Please respond and I will continue to do so as well.

I've noticed that you've posted on here a couple of times now since you finished accutane, regarding breakouts. Are you using any topical treatments at the minute? I think a trip back to your derm or dr would be best if it becomes more common. People on here have unfortunately had the acne come back after accutane, so its best to try and sort it with a professional asap

Hi,

Yes, and now the breakout is gone. I freak out because they come and go. I'm not really using anything topical. I occasionally use proactiv and that seems to calm things down. I've been to the derm since and all she says is to try more anti-biotics. That's just not going to happen. I was on retin A and it started to break me out really really bad. so, i went on proactiv and that brought things back to much better. A few lesions will not be enough for them to put me back on Tane. I guess I just have to deal with it :S

I have to say though it's not even 2 percent of what it was before. I'm just very sensitive because I had perfectly clear skin on Tane.

:)

Thanks for the support.

I've been off accutane for 20 days now. Still all good for me:)

When should I start using proactive on it to make sure they do not come back?

I had about a year clear after tane then it came back but not as bad. Antibiotics along with a topical cleared me up nicely, may be worth a try.

Thanks guys. I wouldn't recommend putting anything on your face or taking anything unless you start getting lesions. Some people have benefitted from Retin A for scars. But, I was getting new lesions with that topical so it didn't make sense to potentially treat my scars while causing new ones (because of new lesions) due to the topical.

Hi Taners,

So over the holidays something weird happened: I don't know what triggered it but I started breaking out again. So, I went from having no lesions to 6! I have 4 on my chin and two on my forehead. I ain't happy because I want none. Anyway, i'm sure this will resolve itself. I have no doubt that this is hormonal and that if I lost more weight, this issue would resolve. I don't know ...I guess i'm calling all ex-taners. Support needed :S

what did you do over the holiday? and what did you eat?

I ate a lot of sugar and gained like 10 pounds.

Hi Taners,

what did you do over the holiday? and what did you eat?

Hey honey! I've been thinking about the ex-taners since it's been awhile since I posted (damn hurricanes!)

Anyway, I've been thinking about the weight issue, too. I was fine until I put on some weight here in the last 3 months. I've gotten a couple of tiny breakouts along the hairline. I'm hitting the gym daily now and am making a conscious effort to control my diet, so I will take note if these breakouts decease after I drop the weight.

Other than that, I think this May will be one year since I've been off the 'tane and I have to say, I'm still very pleased with the results. Everything I went through was worth it.

Take care of yourself!

Yeah i get the few pimples .. at the moment 3 down near my ear.. and a few on my forehead... i'm playing it cool not touching it n stuff but .. i still have the bit of "worriedness about it". It generally only happens when i eat more sugar than i need but... still i cant blame food.!

I dont really get new ones too often... just they all seem to be coming out now!!! lol

I was all clear after finishing 2nd round, but unfortunately it didn't stay like this. Of course I hoped the setback would be temporary and I started to care for my skin myself. Only now (9 months off tane) I realised it'd be better to go to a derm again. She said that she didn't want to put me on roaccutane again (as it's not good for my body)and gave me those doxycyclin pills + skinoren. I felt awful that night as I walked out of the hospital :cry: These meds seem to be working at the moment, but how long..who knows :pray: