Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JTMNC01

Starting regiment

Hey guys! Just registered here.

After lurking around the forum and website these past few weeks, I decided to join the forum. I used to always pick at my face (and pop pimples) and wash it roughly. Since I found this site, I stopped doing both. (Just about 1 month ago) By not touching my face and being more gentle, my acne is already MUCH MUCH better. I used to have probably a light case of servere acne but now I definately have only light to moderate acne.

I am starting the regiment tonight.

I put alittle BP on my skin 12 hours ago to see if I would react negatively to it. So far so good. I bought a tube of neutrogena on the spot, 1 bottle of Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer and a cetaphil bar of soap.

Hopefully everything will go good. Wish me good luck! :cool:

hi there and welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you.

Your products look good.

good luck with the Regimen, and don't hesitate to post if you have any problems.

hi there and welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you.

Your products look good.

good luck with the Regimen, and don't hesitate to post if you have any problems.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be sure to post if I experience any problems. Hopefully not, I read the directions and watched the videos like 1,000 times.

Post tomorrow and let me know how your first day went.

So I started the regiment last night. I used less then half of a finger of BP. This was for my whole face. My acne isn't too bad but it is widespread. So far I experienced no redness or itching. Should I use more bp? I could barely cover my whole face (even with a thin layer) with just less then a 1/2 finger of BP.

I used more moisturizer then BP last night.

Should I change anything?

Thanks!

Use as much moisture as you feel that you need to, experiment with it and find the amount which keeps you hydrated throughout the whole day. I would go for 1/2 of a finger on the first week, 1 finger on the second week, 1.5 fingers on the third, and 2 full "squiggly" fingers of Neutrogena OTS after a month and thereafter. You might need to increase the amount of moisturizer you use as you increase the amount of BP you use.

Use as much moisture as you feel that you need to, experiment with it and find the amount which keeps you hydrated throughout the whole day. I would go for 1/2 of a finger on the first week, 1 finger on the second week, 1.5 fingers on the third, and 2 full "squiggly" fingers of Neutrogena OTS after a month and thereafter. You might need to increase the amount of moisturizer you use as you increase the amount of BP you use.

Had my second night last night. I used more then night 1. Still only appying at night. I'll wait till week 2 to start morning and night treatment. Anyway, still no redness or dryness.

it sounds like you are doing well. Just keep on like you are, using a small amount and gradually working up over 4 weeks time to the full amount, your skin will have an easier time of adjusting that way.

Thats what I plan on doing once my original moisturizer runs out. This site recommended to start with the stuff I am using, then move on to eucerin. I am trying to go exactly by the books for this one.

Anyway, going to start tonights treatment now.