Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know this may seem stupid and pointless, but I have heard that a lot of moisturizers with SPF are very greasy, and leave your face with a lot of shine. Now, I have oily skin so that definately would not work out well for me at all. However, I came upon a sunscreen from Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 30. This seems to be made for the face as it says on the bottle that it does not clog pores. I tried it out, and it actually did leave a dry (in the good sense) finish.

Now, would it be ok to use this on top of a moisturizer? I'm going to start using Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Lotion soon (as soon as my Vichy runs out). It has AHA's (which obviously the sunscreen lacks) which help out my skin a lot. I've read a lot of negative reviews for the Healthy Skin Lotion with SPF 15 (too greasy and too much shine), and plus the Dry Touch has a higher SPF level which should be better considering I'm going to be using AHA. I'm not going to be adding the suncreen till spring/summer though.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dont use the Dry Touch spf 30, it's not a stable sunscreen (ie after an hour or so you will not have much protection -- inside it will last a little longer but will still degrade and not last all day). Use their spf 55 (its new, slightly harder to find but worth it.) It is also the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch kind, but the spf is stable (ie wont degrade in light).

It's fine to use it on top of a moisturizer, but you may also find that you dont need an additional moisturizer with it depending on how dry your skin is.