Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jork

Accutane - little guidance needed

Hi! Im 15. I started getting acne when I was 11, and didn't get any prescriptions until I was 13. At 13 I was prescribed, Micro Retin-A, Minocyclone, and Zoderm. I still take them all to this day. My acne was really severe, but now its cleared up a lot, but I still have acne, and have new pimples daily it seems. Every pimple I get seems to scar my skin even more. None of my family really understands what its like to have acne, since none of them has had it before.

I've never seen a dermatologist yet, but next time I go to my doctor im going to ask her to refer me to one.

I was wondering if you guys could help me think of things to say to convince the doctor to prescribe me it. Im not so good with words, but I was going to point out to her how she is risking my emotional/social life from scarring, and stuff like that. Any advice?

Apparently you aren't that good with words. What is this "it" that you want to be prescribed?

I'm assuming it's Accutane. Since you've been on antibiotics and topicals my guess is that you are a good candidate for it if your acne warrants it. Just ask your derm and give her/him the emotional bit you have at the end of your post. It will likely take several months to get an appointment with a derm though.

Apparently you aren't that good with words. What is this "it" that you want to be prescribed?

I'm assuming it's Accutane. Since you've been on antibiotics and topicals my guess is that you are a good candidate for it if your acne warrants it. Just ask your derm and give her/him the emotional bit you have at the end of your post. It will likely take several months to get an appointment with a derm though.

ahh, does it really take months to see a derm? That seems long just for an appointment :\