Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fighter05

What Happened to Magneticxboy????

Oh I wanted to tell you guys I went to my 3rd visit to the derm for my Accutane.. I just started going to a new doctor because I moved.. So anyway it went really fast.. I ended up asking him how long I needed to wait to get a dermabrasion done.. He looked at me crazy and said well i can tell you right now you don't need that done, but 6 months to get any procedures done on your face...I was like well its probaly the lighting in here.. He just looked at me crazy again and then said my advice would be to leave your face alone and let the rest heal itself.....

I know my face looks alot better than before, but I still have a few scars.. I dont know..

mag,

Lighting in doctor's offices can suck (in a good sense making your scars look minimal) but maybe he's right about leaving them alone. Anyways leaving them be for a year or two might not hurt to see what happens and it might just save you a chunk of change in the long run. Anyways just be grateful your skin type allows you to be a decent candidate for the dermabrasion later down the road if you need it.

Oh I wanted to tell you guys I went to my 3rd visit to the derm for my Accutane.. I just started going to a new doctor because I moved.. So anyway it went really fast.. I ended up asking him how long I needed to wait to get a dermabrasion done.. He looked at me crazy and said well i can tell you right now you don't need that done, but 6 months to get any procedures done on your face...I was like well its probaly the lighting in here.. He just looked at me crazy again and then said my advice would be to leave your face alone and let the rest heal itself.....

I know my face looks alot better than before, but I still have a few scars.. I dont know..

Good for you. I'm glad to hear that. And I also think it's much better to leave our faces alone instead of screwing it up with useless experiments.

How's your liver coming along after your third visit for accutane???? Are you on high doses of it? Make sure you take care of you liver after you're done with accutane. I've heard milk thistle is a good herbal treatment for exhausted livers.

May I ask you which area you live now??? Who knows, we may be neighbors.

Definately stay on the accutane until the acne is completely under control. No worries just dry lips for most people. Good luck to u.

Fighter what the heck is wrong with you! Seriously that was a totally weird thing to say.

Just want to let you know, magneticboy, a dermabrasion would not be something you would want done as it can leave rotary patterns on thin parts of the skin (like the temples) and can make it look like the skin of an orange and such, which isn't even noticeable & not even a determinant if you have scarring, but I think it would be a degression from where you are now. How deep are your scars? Can you put a finger in them and feel them with your eyes closed? Also, real scars would look terrible in sunlight and in a doctor's office. I think you don't quite understand what a dermabrasion is and what type of scarring it is used on.

Thanks for all the advice you guys.. Well I would consider a few of them still kinda deep..

But the weird thing is in sunlight I cant even see my scars at all angles just a lil discoloration?...

I couldnt (even before i had powerpeel done) feel any of my scars or put my fingers in them so i suppose they are not that deep and big.. But when I get in the bathroom and have the lights on in the hallway and the bathroom I turn my face sideways and thats how I see some of the indents are still there.. But looking at my face just sideways without a weird angle I can see two so i figured those are deep?

Keith Im definately going to do the 5 months.. I don't have any acne anymore.. About 1 1/1 month through I got completely clear.. dry lips havent bothered me, but I have SERIOUS back pain and pain in my hands! I can handle it though

and to Fighter I had blood drawn before i took acctuane and the first two months.. But this new doctor didnt ask for any paperwork from my last doctor I just simply told him I have been on it two months already and he just perscribed me 40 mg accutane (same I got the other two months) I figured they would have drawn blood, but they didn't.. Do they only do it the first two months of accutane? For some reason I thought they did it everytime..

and uh my profile says where I live, but um Im not giving you my address or anything... :think:

and to Fighter I had blood drawn before i took acctuane and the first two months.. But this new doctor didnt ask for any paperwork from my last doctor I just simply told him I have been on it two months already and he just perscribed me 40 mg accutane (same I got the other two months) I figured they would have drawn blood, but they didn't.. Do they only do it the first two months of accutane? For some reason I thought they did it everytime..

and uh my profile says where I live, but um Im not giving you my address or anything... :think:

One of my life's biggest regrets is not having taken accutane to treat my acne. Who knows, If I had taken accutane at the first sign of acne (even though I had very mild acne) I wouldn't be here. My face would be so perfect and I would be working (along with my brother) as a model (Shame on me!). Or who knows, maybe accutane could have left me even more scars as it happens in some cases. I'm sorry if I cannot provide an answer to your question. However, I do know that if you are on accutane, you should monitor your liver very closely. So I don't know how often they have to check your blood. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk about it with your doctor. I know, in some states blood tests are kind of expensive (especially if you don't have insurance). Sometimes I would have prefered to have a damaged liver to a bad skin. Oh! what am i talking now!! Never mind!!

You mean about the liver Keith? That is totally not weird at all. Accutane can mess with your liver.

I was talking about him want Magnetic to send pix of him and his mate making out. That was weird. magnetic the tane should smooth your skin and improve any minor scars(as in my case). I am done in 5 days and have not had better looking skin in a long time. I did have a unusual blood test and had to go to the hospital for an additional one last month. I had a cold at the time which the doc said was prob to blame. Just going for the blood tests once monthly will ensure that nothing happens 2 u (thats why they do them)

Peace

You mean about the liver Keith? That is totally not weird at all. Accutane can mess with your liver.

I was talking about him want Magnetic to send pix of him and his mate making out. That was weird.

oh I see.

Can you put a finger in them and feel them with your eyes closed?

Are you serious? My skin feels perfectly smooth except for one group of scars (1 cm^2), but my skin still looks horrible. Still my scars (some) are visible in every lightning and in bad lightning my skin looks horrible.

I am pretty sure 90% percent of the people here can´t feel their scars.