Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EQ_Guy55

My First day on Doxycycline!!!!

Hello everyone!!

I just turned 16 and I have Mild to Moderate Acne...I had been taking topical medications like Benzaclin in the past but it has done jack shit to my face...just a big waste of $100.

But today I went to see the derm for an antibiotic medication because the cremes were a waste of time and she wrote me for Doxycycline. Im supposed to take 1 100 mg pill once every 24 hours..

Im really hoping this can treat or maybe cure my acne for good because I am a real self-consious person. Does anyone who has previously or is in the middle of taking Doxycycline have any advice or any do's or donts for me to look out for??? Please I'm open to anything. Thank you very much. :D

Hello everyone!!

I just turned 16 and I have Mild to Moderate Acne...I had been taking topical medications like Benzaclin in the past but it has done jack shit to my face...just a big waste of $100.

But today I went to see the derm for an antibiotic medication because the cremes were a waste of time and she wrote me for Doxycycline. Im supposed to take 1 100 mg pill once every 24 hours..

Im really hoping this can treat or maybe cure my acne for good because I am a real self-consious person. Does anyone who has previously or is in the middle of taking Doxycycline have any advice or any do's or donts for me to look out for??? Please I'm open to anything. Thank you very much. :D

I've been taking doxycycline for about 3 months now, and it did help clear up my acne a little bit. I have severe acne, so my dermatologist is going to put me on Accutane in a couple of weeks, but doxycycline did help me. Drink lots of water, don't eat anything dairy, and eat an hr before taking the doxy because I once didn't bother eating anything and took the doxy, and ended up feeling nauseous and barfing out the doxy.

I've been taking doxycycline for about 3 months now, and it did help clear up my acne a little bit. I have severe acne, so my dermatologist is going to put me on Accutane in a couple of weeks, but doxycycline did help me. Drink lots of water, don't eat anything dairy, and eat an hr before taking the doxy because I once didn't bother eating anything and took the doxy, and ended up feeling nauseous and barfing out the doxy.

Thank you for the advice! And I am happy to say I have not felt nauseous yet!! :lol2:

***Good luck to you to Chris!!***

Hello everyone!!

hi mate,

I took 1 100mg pill a day,i was also using differin gel.

Doxycycline was the best antibiotic that worked for me,after trying other antibiotic's.

I noticed a difference after 3-4 week's,but was on a 4 month course.

So give them time to work!! :)

hi mate,

I took 1 100mg pill a day,i was also using differin gel.

Doxycycline was the best antibiotic that worked for me,after trying other antibiotic's.

I noticed a difference after 3-4 week's,but was on a 4 month course.

So give them time to work!! :)

Wow! Im glad it worked for you...maybe since it worked on you there's a chance it will work for me :pray: . Thanks again for the boost of hope Deano!

While on Doxy, definitely take with food. Three or four times I became extremely nautious when taking on an empty stomach. NEVER make that mistake, barfing is almost inevitable. Also, definitely take with a full glass of water. I had a very weird experience where I thought I had swallowed the pill, but it had gotten stuck in my throat and I didn't realize it. I concurrently sneezed, and the contents on the pill (the casing had apparently disolved in my throat) went straight into the nazal cavity. I spent hours at the ER with severe pressure on the brain. Catscans were fine though, and after hours of sneezing and producing loads of mucus, I was fine in about two days. That will probably never happen to anyone else ever, but take with a full glass! Finally, wear sunscreen. Doxy made me burn in about 5 minutes. That was the worst part. It cleared me for about 6 to 8 months perfectly, but then the cysts started to come back. Now I am sitting here with accutane beside me trying to convince myself to start the first pill! Good luck man.

im also taking doxy now, i was prescribed it a few days ago for my acne and so far ive been taking 1 pill a day. My derm told me to take two a day at first then one when its getting better, but its probably a better idea to take 1 a day at first for my body to get used to it, then start taking 2 so I dont break out so bad at first when all the bacteria is coming out of my pores. i would appreciate any advise from doxy users!

peace

im also taking doxy now, i was prescribed it a few days ago for my acne and so far ive been taking 1 pill a day. My derm told me to take two a day at first then one when its getting better, but its probably a better idea to take 1 a day at first for my body to get used to it, then start taking 2 so I dont break out so bad at first when all the bacteria is coming out of my pores. i would appreciate any advise from doxy users!

peace

listen to your doctor...