Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veen

The regimen forever?

I couldnt find this info anywhere...

Are you supposed to be doing this regimen forever? Will your acne come back when you stop with the regimen once you're clear?

the idea is to use the Regimen to keep acne under control, until you naturally grow out of your tendency to get acne.

For some, this can be a long time, so it really all depends. Everyone is different.

I think Dan said in one of the pages on the site that he goes off it once a year or so to see what happens.

I think that's the only way to know for sure.

I think once your clear, you can slowly decrease the amount of Bp to see if your skin will breakout and if it doesnt, then gradually decrease until you dont have to use it at all.

So Brandy, when do you figure to get off BP in order to see if you've outgrown acne.

My family history has acne well into late adulthood, I don't expect to grow out of it anytime soon unfortunately.

I think Dan said in one of the pages on the site that he goes off it once a year or so to see what happens.

I think that's the only way to know for sure.

yep, that's right.

I think once your clear, you can slowly decrease the amount of Bp to see if your skin will breakout and if it doesnt, then gradually decrease until you dont have to use it at all.

I recently tried to decrease to once daily, using only a moisturizer at night, it took about a month and then I began getting some breakouts coming through, so back to twice a day for me.