Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Drinking with meals

Apparently you shouldn't drink with meals as it dilutes stomach acid, stopping proper digestion, but wouldn't it be ok if what you drank with meals was something slightly acidic such as orange or apple juice?

Guest Gentle~Rain

Apparently you shouldn't drink with meals as it dilutes stomach acid, stopping proper digestion, but wouldn't it be ok if what you drank with meals was something slightly acidic such as orange or apple juice?

I have heard the no drinking thing but can't do it, my gag/swallow reflex is mess up and I need fluids to get foods down sometimes. I would wonder if something acidic could affect the absorption of some vitamins...but I don't really know, I drink just water.

You can have ACV or lemon water (never chilled though); just don't drink a whole lot. Something like peppermint or ginger tea would be a lot better. It's up to you. :)

i read about water isnt good with meals. i try to eat my meals in a particular order for the best digestion thats like evo or coconut oil in salad with a vegatable, a fruit next, then the complex carb, and last the high protein food and sometimes i wait to eat the protein later like when i get to work it just seems to help my energy and muscles

i think it is best to drink B4 meals, as I was told that it stimulates the stomachs acid and cleans it out making it ready to take on more food.. Also acidic drinks with your food, are (I have been told ) NOT good because they create a too acidic environment and can give you acid indigestion which i guess is the stomachs way of telling you that it's having trouble doing its job right. try not to move around alot after you eat, this affects the rate of digestion (slows it down). also drinking water after a meal is like neutralizing the stomachs acid protein breakdown (dance) party. throwing some liq on that shiz is not something I like to do... but the TRUTH is ... whatever, do what you want, if you get sick from it, maybe you should stop/put some ice on yo' dick cus you're gettin' toooooo hot.