Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coyote

washing for 10 sec?

ok I admit this seems to short a time!Does everyone follow this?Also I have been on the regiman for 1 week.My skin has not made any improvements .There is lots of flaking.Now i would think this would add to more zits which it has .I have been moistureizing with neutrogena moisturizing lotion.Is it alright to use a gentle buff puff to help with washing the dead skin off?

It might be alright but -- the Regimen is meant to be followed strictly. I recommend (and most other people will) sticking to the Regimen strictly. Also, 1 week is really no time at all. The Regimen takes at least 3 months to work fully.

Month 1 and 2 may get nasty as well. If you stick with it though, you'll clear and be happy you did!

i added a VERY gentle exfoliating puff the other night to the regimen, but that's after being almost completely clear. i wouldn't try it just yet; just be sure to slather on a TON of moisturizer at night as well as a ton of bp. don't worry about how it looks because no one will see you.

1. you work the cleanser for just 10 seconds to minimize touching your face and thus irritation

2. eucerin renewal for the flakes (www.drugstore.com or www.amazon.com)

Don't add anything to the regimen just cleanse,treat and most importantly moisturize

starting too quickly makes the regimen take much longer. too much bp at the start will dry everything out, make it red, and make it flake. the skin heals much slower (up to 4 times slower) if it's drastically dry. Also inflammation becomes more apparent and inflammation is really why the pimple is noticeable.

Basically, start slowly! Follow the regimen to a degree, but if you're skin isn't looking right or feels way too dry TAKE A BREAK! stop using bp for a day or two and moisturize frequently to get your skin nice and plump with moisture.