Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
panacea

Panacea's Quest for Perfect Skin

Hi!! I came across this site years ago (I forget how many now), and wanted a fast miracle. I tried the BP for a few days and was frustrated that it didn't work lightening fast. I got frustrated and quit almost before I started!

I have spent a lot of money trying countless products both high-end and low. I had moderate to severe acne with brusing, cysts, nodules, whiteheads and some blackheads too. About 6.5 years ago I went on Accutane for around 5 months. The side effects were worth the results! My skin cleared 90%. After I went off of Accutane, the results stayed good for a few years, then the acne started to creep back. I didn't want to do another round of Accutane - I feel that it should be reserved for fairly severe cases of acne. I tried various BCPs, ending up with Ortho-Evra (the patch) which I was on for about 1.5 years. It actually helped clear my skin up quite a bit. I had little complaint while on it. However, after approximately 4 months off the patch, my skin has started to grumble again. I am 30 years old, and was told repeatedly in my younger years that the acne would stop and go away completely by my early twenties. I've learned since that this is obviously not the case, and that for many many people acne can be a lifelong battle *sigh*.

Well, I was surfing around on the Internet again one night, looking for answers to my questions, empathy from fellow sufferers, a solution to the problem, and came upon Dan's site again. I remembered it from years past. I read through the regimen throughly this time, watched the video clips, bought the products (Pear's Oil Clear Soap, Neutrogena On the Spot 2.5% BP, and Eucerin Daily Renewal spf 15) and started the regimen this week. It is now day 4 and my skin is already getting calmer. I am not having as many new breakouts and the ones I've gotten are much smaller. I have ordered Dan's CSR gel and it is on its way. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I hope for continued improvement, am practicing patience and treating my skin much more gently than I have in the past. I'm thankful to have you guys for information and support!

{{HUGS}}

panacea :)

Hi Panacea!!

I was so touched to hear from you on my log that I just had to come and leave you a message!! I use the same BP as you..before I was using a 5% but it made my skin too dry. Hope this brand works for you! After day 4 you might notice that your skin gets more dry (or at least I did) but keep with it, it will be worth it.

Yes, we are our worst critics...my mom is really good about it...just today she had gone to a skin center with my dad and she brought me back a pamphlet about treatments they can do for scarring and hyperpigmentation. Werid though..I'm so happy that she is supportive and that she is willing to take me there and everything..but at the same time it made me feel worse..cause if it's bad enough for your mom to say something...it must be bad right? :(

I wish you the best of luck with the regimen..just stick with it! I will definately be keeping up with your progress and I am excited to hear about all the good things that will be happening to you :D

Thanks for the reminder not to pick haha!! I have nothing active right now though :dance: just my scars which are slowly getting better!! Good to know I have someone to keep me in check!!

Good Luck!!

Hi North!

Thanks so much for dropping by my thread to say hi back! I think it's nice of your mom to be interested in helping you look and feel your best, but I understand what you mean about feeling both ways about it. Once many years back, my mom said something like, "If you can't talk to your mother about it, who can you talk to?" and in my head I was like, "Um, anyone else????" hehehe. I hope she is able to pass along some useful information though, or get you in touch with someone who can.

I am having strange problems with my face today. No sooner had I written that my skin seemed to be calming down than late afternoon/early evening my cheeks and lower face/jawline started to itch a lot. I'm trying hard not to scratch at it...it's not peeling or anything, just really itchy as if I had a contact allergy or hives. It looks a bit blotchy and red too. Maybe this is normal for this stage of the game? I'm going to go wash my face and get ready for bed, see if it goes away at least enough so that I can go to sleep and forget about it, lol. The zits on the left side of my face feel pretty much flat now, but I seem to suddenly have a few new or further developed cysts along the right side of my jawline. I have read that women get hormonal acne along the jawline...but even if this is true, can we get hormonal acne throughout our entire cycle? Wouldn't it be more likely to appear at certain times of the month than others?

DAY 6

The tip of my nose is a little flaky, and I've been gently pulling off the larger flakes in the evening with a pair of tweezers. Overall it's not bad at all though. I haven't been getting many new pimples, just a few small whiteheads that are barely noticeable when compared to cysts and the like. The cysts along my jawline have flattened, and many of them are now slightly raised round red marks. Last night I scratched at some of them (I know, bad, but I did it gently and after I had washed my hands) and the top layer scabbing came off so that they were not as raised. I then proceeded with my nighttime routine, which is going like this:

Step 1: Wet face with lukewarm water and wash very gently for about 10 seconds with Pear's Oil Clear Soap. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with towel

Brush teeth, tweeze stray brow hairs

Step 2: Two fingers of Neutrogena On the Spot 2.5% BP all over face, concentrating on my problem areas, which right now happen to be my jawline. I am doing this very gently and it seems to be absorbing pretty quickly. I'm definitely less concerned with how it looks, since I will be going to bed afterwards. Wash hands.

Get water, set alarm, play with cat

Step 3: Wash hands again if I have touched the cat. (I am actually quite allergic to cats, but have gotten used to mine. Love her!) 3 pumps of Silkia Camellia Oil. Gently massage this all over face until it is pretty well absorbed. It's not greasy feeling at all, and sinks in quickly. I read about this on MUA and decided to try it. It is supposed to help heal indentations and red marks. So far, I really like it! My face feels moisturized but not oily, and there is a nice glow. :dance:

The main complaint I have is that I get red marks after any cyst and even most larger whiteheads are gone. These red marks last for several weeks and some even for months. I feel lucky that as a woman I have my choice of a plethora of makeup. As far as the basics, I've just been using a pressed powder (Almay Skin Stays Clean) and a concealer (Almay wand - can't recall the name right now, or Eucerin Conceal & Heal Treatment Pen). I can't imagine going out in public without trying to cover up the red marks. I feel like they glare and jump up off my face at passersby. I think men must be the fairer species, if they can get around without makeup...

DAY 7

My skin looks lighter to me, as if it were being bleached by the BP. Maybe it's that it is still winter and I haven't been outside during daylight hours other than to get to work, and for lunch. It looks a little clearer, smoother. I know I have to be patient. After all, it hasn't even been a week yet. I wish the red marks would disappear faster! They seem to take so long, that by the time one goes away, a new one has taken its place, so that I hardly notice it has gone. It takes so long I get used it and when it goes it is as if an old friend has just faded away. Friend? Friend! No pimple on my face can rightly be called that. :P What was I thinking?!

I am still liking Silkia Camellia Oil a lot. It feels great and is not greasy. I read a couple posts about it on MUA yesterday though, where some gals were saying they thought it might be clogging their pores. Noooooo, say it isn't so! I will keep using it for now, unless I see it doing negative things to my own skin. Reviews as a whole are great, but how my skin reacts to a product may be very different from how someone else's does.

I am noticing that the skin under my eyes seems dry and tight. For the first time, I am seeing teeny little fine lines under the inner corners of my eyes. Either I've never really looked and thus never saw them before, or I am getting the BP too close to my eyes and drying out the skin. Either way, that has to stop! I've started wiping under my eyes gently with a wet washcloth after applying BP all over my face, to make sure none is there, and applying a bit more undereye cream than before. I'm not getting rid of my acne only to cause wrinkles!

DAY 10

I received my CSR BP gel on Friday, yay!! It took quite a while to get to me. I think I ordered it on Friday, it was shipped on Monday and I didn't get it until Friday. I used it that night and the weekend. I really like it so far. The consistency is really nice. It glides on well, is not sticky and doesn't have the awful white cast that Neutrogena On the Spot does. It also doesn't ball up when partially dry or when moisturizer is added on top of it. I stopped using the Silkia Camellia Oil. As nice as it felt, I really do think it started clogging my pores, which is something I definitely do not need! After I used the camellia oil for a few days, I started to get small pimples all around my left cheek, that were not there before. I'd use an extractor tool and little clear hard lumps were coming out. Hopefully, with the CSR gel and going back to the Eucerin Daily Renewal moisturizer, none of that will happen any more.

I had a party this weekend for Chinese New Year, and it was a blast! I know, it's actually this coming weekend, but most people will be celebrating and eating with their families, so this was a good weekend to get friends together. We found a hole-in-the wall restaurant with delicious food, and ordered a sumptuous buffet. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Sometimes those dives have the best food! It's a bit far away from our house, but we'll be going back! I ate a lot of good food this weekend, the food from the party and then Dim-Sum the next day but actually managed to lose a couple pounds. How strange!

I am hoping to get to the point some day soon, where people actually compliment me on my skin. It hasn't happened yet, but I think friends/family may be starting to notice that something is happening. They've been asking me if I lost weight. Sure, I've lost about 3 pounds but that isn't really noticeable. I mean people can gain or lose 3 pounds in a day. I think it might be that my skin is starting to look better, but they just don't realize that that's what it is. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking, lol!!

Well I'm talking to myself again, but that is ok. It will be nice to have this online journal thing to look back on, when my skin has cleared up! I've discovered something about my makeup. When my skin was worse, I guess I never really noticed how much makeup I was wearing. I mean, I already skipped the foundation because I hate the stuff - it's rarely just the right color or consistency, and the worst thing to see is someone with makeup making their face a different color than their neck! So I was just using pressed powder with a kabuki brush, as a lighter sort of foundation. Well either I have been too heavy handed or I am paler now than I was, because I looked in the mirror when I got to work today and I just looked like I had a mask on, like I had really overdone it. I don't know if because my skin has improved a bit that I need less makeup or whether the BP has bleached my skin so that I need a lighter shade of powder. In any case, I dream of the day I can feel confident waking up, washing my face, gently smearing on some spf and running out the door. The last time I can say I had skin that good....eh, was probably nearly 20 years ago and back then I was too young to even appreciate it!

DAY 11

I'm sitting here with BeneFit Hi Neighbor mask drying on my face right now. It feels like it's sucking gunk out of my pores and taking the work day shine off of my face. I love it! It's the first time I've done a mask in several weeks, maybe over a month. Feels nice and pampering. I'm going to wash it off and then jog on the treadmill for a while before showering and applying the CSR gel.

I am participating in my office weightloss challenge. I want to lose 16.6 pounds over the 3 months that we have allotted. It all goes hand in hand for me. I want to clear up my skin, lose weight, grow my hair out long, strong and shiny... be the epitome of health and beauty (well as far as I can take it naturally with what I was given in this life, lol). I've started taking my daily vitamins again, and drinking more water throughout the day. Tomorrow is weigh in for week 3 already! In weeks 1 and 2 I've lost a total of 0.4 pounds, LOL!!! Like that even counts at all, but down is down I say! :clap:

I can't really tell if my skin is improving today. I've gotten a couple more active pimples, mostly looking like clogged pores on the left cheek, one raised red one to the left and above my mouth, and some small cysts along the jawline that believe it or not, seem like they are forming UNDER old red marks/scabs. Ugh! Other areas of my face are clearing up nicely though. I have no active acne on my forehead today, which is nice...and my temples are pretty clear except for a few red marks that take forever to fade away.

My mission for tomorrow morning is to find an area in my house with more outside light, where I can do my makeup so that it looks more natural. It's not like my makeup looks really unnatural, but I want to get closer and closer to looking like I'm not wearing makeup at all and look fabu!

DAY 12

So I lost 1.8 pounds over the past week, for the office weightloss challenge and WHAT do I do? Go to Jose Peppers for lunch! Granted, almost everyone who is participating in the challenge went too, but one didn't drink caffeine, the other didn't eat the rice and I had iced tea AND ate all my rice!! I probably gained the 2 pounds back already. If I'm going to win this thing, I need to really step it UP. Tonight I vow here to run a mile on the treadmill. That may not sound like much to you, but I am out of shape *cry.* My husband is doing the challenge also, unofficially. He's made a spreadsheet that tracks our progress and translates it into a line chart. Pretty cool to see the results! I told him my goal was to have all the boys drool over me again, like they did when I was younger and in better shape. I expected him to say something about me being an old married gal and that things were different now, but he said, "You're only a couple months away from it, honey!" Awwww :wub:

So yeah about my skin. I hate it. It's gross. I love it. It's my friend. It protects my bone, muscle and sinew from the elements. LOL. The active one to the left above my mouth irritates me. It's raised and yet there's nothing there to get out with the extractor. Doesn't seem right. And the red spots oh the frickin red spots that take weeks and months to go away. Out Out Damn Spot! I haven't looked into hydroquinone or any other lightening agents. I've always thought they'd bleach out all my skin. Yes, I'm Asian and I know that back in the day and maybe still now in Asia porcelain skin is prized...but I don't want to be too pale and sickly looking. I wonder if I can get some lightening agents to just use on the spots. Then what if I go outside the spot "lines" will I end up with white splotches on my skin? Arggggh.

Hi Panacea =)

I too was told I shouldnt have acne at 33....uh...well guess what? I do =/

dang it...

I ordered the CSR gel as well, how do you like Dan's gel compared to the Neutrogena? I really like it, it seems to not be so drying and sinks in better.

Nice reading your posts, I'll keep checking to see how your doing!

best wishes =)

Hey Panacea!

Thanks again for your reply on my log...I was getting discouraged that no one was replying and then there yours was!!

Yeah I'm really looking forward to going to the spa. I dont' know exactly what to get done though but I'm getting a consult right before my appointment so I'm sure they will suggest what is best for me. My deeper scars have turned into hyperpigmentation pretty much so I'm glad about that. I'll let you know for sure what treatment I end up getting...I'm white but pale so perhaps our skintones are mildly comparable.

It sounds like you are getting along well with your regimen as well :dance: congrats!

And your husband sounds sooooo sweet! My boyfriend says great stuff like that too..it's good to know that it lasts into marriage!

I recently lost a bit of weight but it was because of a special diet that I had to go on for medical reasons, but it really works! Basically I cut out all dairy, and anything with wheat or yeast in it. So, no pasta, breads or cheeses anything like that. It's a pain in the butt (but a way of life for me now) but if you are really serious about the weight loss you might try that, although I'm sure you don't need to loose any weight.

Anyway...it was so nice to get a reply from you again, hope things keep going so well for you it's great to hear! :D

DAY 13

Hi Sixx! Thanks for dropping by. I am bummed that we're getting acne in our 30s. omg, now I'm more bummed that I'm in my 30s!!! LOL - really it's ok. When you're a kid 30 sounds so terribly old, but aside from the fact my metabolism has slowed down dramatically since about 28, I feel pretty good. I think it's a nice feeling to finally be a bit settled in life. Still having a great time, but the most of the drama and stress of the drama is gone. Anyhoo - about the CSR gel. It does seem to sink in a lot faster than the Neutrogena and I like that it does not have a white cast. It also doesn't ball up and is not drying. Fabuloso in that regard. However, I don't know how effective it is yet. I realize it's only been two weeks and that I need to be patient. I've had moderate acne all my life, so how can I expect any treatment to wipe out all the nasties in one fell swoop? Oh, but I do! I'm sticking with THE REGIMEN and I expect RESULTS! It sounds a leeetle crazy, but read or at least skimmed every single one of the testimonials on all 15 pages. I believe it will work for me too. :)

North, great to hear from you! I love going to the spa, but the trips are few and far between these days. I want to go get a facial, but I am afraid it will mess up the routine I've got going, and I won't be able to see the real effects. So I am going to wait a few months before I go pamper myself that way. Hyperpigmentation. Me too. It's an ugly word, but it's still better than BIG HOLE IN MY FACE eeeek! So I agree. If we're patient enough they'll fade. If we're not, hopefull the treatment we get will eradicate them for us! I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I would say 15-20 pounds would put me back at my ideal. That and I'd like to get my muscle tone back, so I really need to start doing some weight work again. You've motivated me - I'm going to do the elliptical and treadmill when I get home tonight!! As for diet, I am actually allergic to eggs, so there is a lot that I've had to avoid eating too much of. I went on a diet for a while where I avoided wheat and that seemed to help my skin and overall sluggishness too. I'm going to try that again. I have a strange quandry about dairy. I feel that drinking milk makes me break out along my jawline, yet I love cheese and don't avoid that. Funny eh?

Day 14

Been on The Regimen for two weeks now! I'm actually surprised I'm still doing this. I've always been so fickle with my skin care, changing products every couple of days or every week it seems. So yeah, I'm proud of myself. My skin is starting to improve, slowly. It actually looks decent, minus the red circles and marks from hyperpigmentation - especially right after I wash it and pat it dry. I hate that after just a couple of hours it starts to look gross again. It gets oily and starts looking patchy. Maybe it's the concealer wearing off and the spots showing through. Perhaps it's the eyeliner or mascara bleeding down under my eyes. Sure, it's waterproof but can't they make makeup that's GREASE proof, and still easy to wash off? Oh man, a product like that would make the inventor a fortune! Hmmmmm *scratches head thoughtfully*

Oh, I have to tell you guys the b!tchy coworker move of the week. Wednesday was our weigh-in day for the office weightloss challenge. Only 7 of us are participating, and we're a fairly tight-knit group on this side of the office. Well, the tallest girl (5'7") weighs the least. She's been gaining a pound or so a week on the challenge. One guy was making fun of her and saying that by the end of the challenge she will have *gained* 10 pounds instead of losing any. She goes, "Whatever! Even if I gain a few pounds I'll still be the thinnest girl here!" pretty loudly, definitely within earshot of me and the other girl in the competition. We just looked at each other with our mouths open. Sure, we're both about 3" shorter and 5 pounds heavier than she is, but that ain't much, so :hand: The tables are turning, baby! That strengthened MY resolve, I tell you. I went home and ran a mile on the treadmill. I'm doing that every night now, and some weight work, girly pushups, squats, etc. I think I'll start doing Beach Body Power 90 again. I did it a couple years ago and got good results. My goal in the challenge will just be to beat HER.

DAY 17

Helloooooo! It's almost a new month, which means of course that everyone at work is crazy with end of the month billing. Fun, fun. I hope I don't have to stay too late tonight. I'm pretty beat. We had a nice weekend doing a lot of driving. Worked a bit on Saturday, then went to the Martina McBride concert that night. Any country music fans here? She was amazing. Still gorgeous and that voice, wow!!! I so wish I could sing like that. It would be my one wish if I were to wish for a fabulous talent. We had to leave before she got to Independence Day, I was so bummed! Found out just before the concert that we were supposed to go pick up my cousin's husband at the airport.

Anyway, about skin: Martina was on big screens to the left and right of the stage as in a lot of concerts. They did close-up shots on her, and while she was wearing a lot of makeup for the show, I could still tell that her skin looks great. I also went to see Pride and Prejudice on Friday. They made the whole movie around Keira Knightley - stills of her, slow moving shots and closeups - extreme closeups. Even when I could see every eyelash they put on her, every pore if she had any, lol her skin still looked lovely. The movie was pretty good, but I must admit I spent a good portion of it having skin envy, LOL. I was thinking how glad I was, that no one usually gets THAT close to my face!

So how's my skin doing? Better and better although the going is slow. I figure it's kind of like the weightloss thing. So I want to lose 15 pounds or so. That isn't going to happen overnight, and if it does it's going to be mostly water weight. As long as I drop *some* weight, whether it's half a pound or 2 pounds every week in this challenge, I'm good. As long as I get fewer new pimples than the week before, I'm happy. I currently have a few small cysts along my jawline. Other than that no real active pimples. The red marks bother me a lot though. I need to buy stock in concealer pencils. I am really liking the Eucerin Conceal and Heal pencil, but it is difficult to find. I have one coming from AmericaRx.com but if their shipping were any slower, I could have walked there and picked it up and walked home by now. I am beginning to see more clarity in my skin overall, a brightness that wasn't there before. It's also feeling smoother than it was last week. I'm pleased, and sticking with the Regimen!

Hey girl! Good to hear things are going well! yeah the 30's are supposed to be our prime...um...okay? :shifty:

About the cyst on your jawline, if I get another one soon, Im going to do what a few other ppl are doing...they are dissolving epsom salts in warm water...dipping a piece of small paper towel in the solution and letting it sit on the cyst over night to dry it out.

I guess the paper dries and you take it off in the morning, alot of ppl said it shrunk their cysts....sounds good to me! lol (altho my skin is looking great cuz of the regimen and NOT PICKING!) lol

oh and make that girl eat her words...lose just enough to weigh less than her! what a beeotch grr....

DAY 20

This was not a good weightloss week for me! I gained 1.6 pounds over the week and am really bloated. It's not that time of the month either, so I assume it has to do with all the mishmash of crap I've been eating. I'm still down 0.6 pounds since the beginning of the challenge, but since that was 3 weeks ago, that's really nothing at all! I'm just not one of those girls who can not eat, especially just for the sake of losing weight temporarily. That means it's time to step up the exercise. No more excuses, I have to just schedule it into my day like everything else. If I don't feel like doing anything at all, I should at the very least put on my sneakers and walk at a steady pace on the treadmill. I can do that!

My skin. Hmmm, it hasn't gotten any worse but it hasn't improved in the past few days either. The red marks still glare at me, and I have a couple smallish cysts along the right jawline. I don't see any new whiteheads to speak of though. Just a few really small ones that I see when scrutinizing myself in the mirror while tweezing stray brow hairs. Some days I don't think Dan's CSR gel is really working, and I think part of it is that it's not nearly as drying as the Neutrogena. This is probably a good thing. I'm just so used to the old adage that if it doesn't hurt it's not working.

Sixx, I am going to try the epsom salts thing tonight if I can find the carton. I stashed it "somewhere safe" when cleaning for a party a week & 1/2 ago. LOL!

DAY 24

Wow, what a busy weekend! Way too much eating out at restaurants, a friend's birthday, an art fair, vintage fashion show, the KU game, the Superbowl, shopping with the girls. I am not that surprised that my skin hasn't shown a lot of improvement. I think I need to eat more veggies and drink a lot more water instead of pop and beer!! The red marks are continuing to improve, albeit slowwwwwly, very slowwwwly. I have a new cyst on my left temple, and a pimple below my mouth to the right. Still have a few small ones along the jawline too. I have started exercising a bit more...perhaps that will help? It feels like I've been doing this regimen forever, and yet it's only been 3 1/2 weeks. Patience, patience.

DAY 24

Patience, patience.

Oh wow, I can so relate to everything you said in all of your posts!

Hi panacea,

You put a post on my log a while back and I am just now getting around to yours. Sorry!! I am so encouraged by you and what you are going through. I am the only person I know with this horrible problem. I have tons red scars, some which seem to last more than a year or so. I have the same problem with matching makeup to my skin color. I am part Asian (Filipino) and have olive skin.

I have never found a makeup to work: the color either doesn't match or the makeup just sucks.

The BP gel does bleach your skin. If you look at my only photo on my member site you can see that my face is really white but my neck and arms are nice and tan. I HATE that!!!! My husband is like "the skin on your face is weird or something. It is so different than the skin on the rest of you body." I know it’s true but I wish he didn't know that. My goal is to kill this monster called acne and I hope that Dan's regimen works. I am so glad that I found this website because I get so much feedback, support, knowledge, and encouragement. I think that we all can beat this together. We just need to be patient. My husband, unfortunately, is not very supportive or understanding. But that is ok, because I can't expect him to be perfect at everything. Besides, he has never had anything like this so how can I expect him to relate. I get the best support for this problem here. I actually have been getting on here everyday now just because it helps me so much. So, I have a goal. I want to be clear by summer and I am going to begin trying some of the techniques to get rid of the scars' redness naturally. Then this summer I am going to just wear a minimum of SPF15 and just soak in the sun. I want to be like I used to be when I was a kid. I was a little "brown berry." That's what my mom used to call me. So, here's to you Panacea! Hang in there and keep trying. I will be checkin' on you to see how you are. You are not alone in this battle, excuse me, WAR! :mad:

Have a great day and smile! :D

Danielle

DAY 28

Hi Danielle! Thanks so much for stopping by - it really helps me to know that I am not alone in this struggle. We just need to keep on keeping on. It's good to have goals, but setting realistic ones makes things happier all around. I've been pretty good about being patient lately. I made the decision to stick with this regimen and to stop buying new skin care every couple of weeks. I'm in it for the long haul, baby! I'm sorry your husband is not understanding about your skin, and I hope he is there for you in other ways. I agree that it can be tough to be as supportive about issues we haven't dealt with ourselves. Hopefully he is not critical about your skin. If so, I would definitely scowl at him for you - and I can look pretty mean. LOL!

What can I tell you guys? I've lost 1.4 pounds in the 5 weeks so far in our office weightloss challenge. My goal for week six is to gain 56 pounds. I already wrote it in big red letters on the dry-erase board, and started towards that goal by having a double cheeseburger and fries at McDonald's for lunch yesterday. Ok, ok time to get serious. If I'm going to battle my skin, I may as well really battle the bulge too! They go hand in hand for me. I won't be pleased with the way I look until both enemies have been vanquished! We got a good-quality treadmill last month, and I have started walking and jogging on it. I have an athletic build, so I think I will probably gain muscle and lose fat more than I will lose poundage on the scale. That's ok though, as long as I go down a dress size by summer. :)

My skin is starting to have a nice glow to it - and no, not just from being greasy! My jawline is still stubbornly birthing smallish cysts, and the red marks refuse to gracefully fade away - so I continue to boost the economy by supporting the concealer market. However, my forehead is clear and some areas of my cheeks are looking really clear and smooth. My face feels smoother overall when I am washing it, and I have only been getting the teeniest of whiteheads for the most part. I really like that Dan's BP gel is not overly drying, and the Eucerin Daily Renewal moisturizer is awesome - I need to run out and buy a few more bottles before they are gone forever. I will be so sad! Anyone reading this know when Dan's new moisturizer is supposed to come out?

Yeah!!

I am motivated to do the same thing-Exercise! My skin can make be feel pretty depressed. I don't want to go anywhere or see any people. I don't even want my husband to look at me. He says that he can't really tell when I have makeup on but boy, when I take that stuff off it reveals the monster hiding. It is really all-just redness. So, I still have most of the redness but since my face has been clearing up a lot I have been motivated to improve my body's shape as well. I also have an athletic build but if I don't keep walking or running and lifting weights I will get "soft." Yuck!!! :snooty: No way am I going to let that happen though!

I am glad that your face is doing great. Keep it up. Stay active in getting in shape and keep us updated on your progress!!

Danielle

DAY 36

I'm at work for a few hours today. Thought I'd check in here. My overall skin tone is looking better every week, but the jawline cysts are not going away. I'm concentrating the BP gel there at night, hoping this will help. It seems that one flattens and two rear their huge ugly red heads in its place. My cheeks are looking pretty good though, and my forehead has stayed clear for a couple weeks now. Yay! Red marks are still the bane of my skin's existence, and it seems like I have been producing even more oil than before, if that's possible. I've been going through 2-3 blotting sheets a day (I use the Clean & Clear ones) when it was just one before. Granted, I have been eating a lot of fried food and Mexican food, both of which can't be doing anything good for my skin or my weight for that matter...

I got my hair done yesterday, then went out to dinner with the hubby and a few couple friends at a chic little organic bistro downtown. The food was great, the wine was great, the company was great. :) J doesn't like my hair though, which was a bummer. He says he's getting used to it now, but he's not one to jump up and embrace change, so "starting to get used to it" after half a day is pretty good for him. LOL. He's used to my hair being dark brown/black with caramel and brown highlights. I had it dyed dark dark black with a blue sheen. Blue-black, and cut with some layers. I think it looks awesome, just like I wanted it to come out. Boys -pffft! He's just happy I didn't chop it all off. :think: Guess it's only fair. I've stood there with my arms crossed, scrutinizing the hair stylist when he's gotten his hair cut.

DAY 38

I really like Eucerin Daily Renewal Moisturizer....but I think it makes me shiny and I seem to be getting oilier faster. I have to use more blotting sheets every day than before. Has this happened to anyone else?

DAY 58

My skin is pretty much the same as it was a month ago, and I have been following the regimen every day. It looks ok...except for the cysts still appearing on my jawline, and the redness post-zit that stays on for several weeks to months before fading. I decided that Eucerin is too oily for me, even though I liked the way it has smoothed my skin out somewhat. I'm trying out some Good Skin products from Kohl's that I've read good reviews on.

I have a tube of Dan's Acne Gel and 2 bottles of Eucerin Skin Renewal Moisturizer, all unopened and unused. If you're reading this and are interested in purchasing them from me, please let me know.

Thanks!

panacea