Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CharlesInCharge

Back from the Derm and here is what I got.

So I went to the derm today and they prescribed me 5 things. I didn't think I was going to get that much but what the hell I'm happy I got anything at this point in time.

Here is what I got...

- Clindagel

- Tazorac Cream

- Prednisone

- Doxycycline

- Triaz Wash 6% BP

If you have had any experience with any of them; both positive and negitive comments would be great!

Thanks! :D

EDIT: I forgot the Triaz Wash! :surprised:

Guest been13years

I used Tazorac gel after the cream broke me out. Granted, I used the cream in the middle of a hot, humid summer, so maybe in these cooler months the cream will work for you. It sounds like a very potent combination of drugs you're on, though, so be careful and patient.

Good Luck

Yeah once I saw it was a cream I thought (man I wish I could have had the gel, becasue I enjoy gels more than creams.) But hopefully this will clear me up. As for all the products, it's a lot all at once and is kinda overbearing at the moment but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I've used Taz gel before, but not cream. The gel didn't really work well for me, either. It was supposed to be a stronger retinoid over the Retin-A Micro 0.1% that I was already using. I didn't even bother filling that Rx for it, so I stuck with the RAM. It's been working fine.

I've also been on doxy once. I was on it in April 2005. It destroyed my stomach, though, so I had to stop taking it. I'm on minocycline now (100mg 2x daily). It doesn't affect my stomach at all.

That sound like a lot of CHEMICALS!

HI

I hope this helps, I had acne for years,now I am trying to help anyone that wants to listen to my story. 1 year ago I heard of Aloe Vera and decided to take it within days my skin condition eased greatly and it was gone after 1 month, aloe vera juice from forever living products, I tried it and it works!!!!!!!!!! I became a distributor for them, I don't do it for the money, I am just trying to help people like you. That's was my best investment ever also, they are 100% natural no chemicals, no side effects, so what do you have to lose?, The activator and the aloe vera juice works great for acne, don't waste time and money on shelf products, harmful prescription or memberships, I tried them all, they just don't work!.Millions of people have used Forever Living's Aloe Vera products with very positive results............send me an e-mail I will take your order, or answer any question. No obligation to buy! [email protected]

So I went to the derm today and they prescribed me 5 things. I didn't think I was going to get that much but what the hell I'm happy I got anything at this point in time.

Here is what I got...

- Clindagel

- Tazorac Cream

- Prednisone

- Doxycycline

If you have had any experience with any of them; both positive and negitive comments would be great!

If your acne is mild/moderate, I bet you will have great success with the meds you listed, especially the Doxycycline. I haven't tried Tazorac, but I've heard good things about it. Just be sure to read the instruction booklets for ALL your meds THOROUGHLY and follow the instructions exactly. Also, be aware that Doxy may cause some nausea. Good luck, and keep us posted on how things work out. Btw, did your derm explain why he prescribed Prednisone? I haven't heard of anyone taking that for acne before....is it a hormone? Are you male or female?

Here is what I got...

- Clindagel

- Tazorac Cream

- Prednisone

- Doxycycline

If your acne is mild/moderate, I bet you will have great success with the meds you listed, especially the Doxycycline. I haven't tried Tazorac, but I've heard good things about it. Just be sure to read the instruction booklets for ALL your meds THOROUGHLY and follow the instructions exactly. Also, be aware that Doxy may cause some nausea. Good luck, and keep us posted on how things work out. Btw, did your derm explain why he prescribed Prednisone? I haven't heard of anyone taking that for acne before....is it a hormone? Are you male or female?

I have moderate acne. I have been making sure to read the instuctions on every product everyday for 1 week so that I know I am taking everything the right way. As far as the Prednisone no she did not explain what it is for exactully but by doing some research it basicly reduces inflamation. My face is a bit red and that drug should help out lots. It also kind of works in conjuction with the Clindagel because that also helps reduce inflamation too.

And I am Male :cool:

EDIT: Oh and Prednisone is a steroid.

*Moderator edit* (removal of reply to commercial spammer)

wow, I think you will do great. I think the combo of prednisone and doxy will really work. Just make sure to just be gentle and not pick anything, because your skin will be really sensitive from all the topical meducation you are using/

wow, I think you will do great. I think the combo of prednisone and doxy will really work. Just make sure to just be gentle and not pick anything, because your skin will be really sensitive from all the topical meducation you are using/

Thanks a lot I hope it all goes over well too. It's just day 2 for me and I can already tell the skin on my face is more sensitive so I have been trying not to touch. The only thing I'm bad on is rubbing but I don't rub a lot, just a little for second mainly because I have been itching from all the topical meds I have been using.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Just a quick question. With the products I have labeled, do you think I should use a Facial Cleanser before I apply any of the three topical lotions?

Also: Progress..

Day 1: Redness, Dryness, a bit itchy & stingy but my face is looking good (maybe no initial breakout :D ).

Day 2: Pretty much the same except my face was very itchy & stingy in the early morning(gone around early afternoon). The only thing I did different was not use a Facial Cleanser before I applied my BP and Clindagel. Not any new breakouts other than this painfull non-visible pimple in the crevas of my left nostral.

I'm taking Doryx right now (Doxycycline)... I've taken it for about 3 months... I had more cystic acne before and those are pretty much gone so I'm very thankful for that:) I read somewhere not to take any vitamins within 2 hours of taking the prescription because it will throw off the absorption... Also, I read to stay away from Dairy products within 2 hours of taking the pills...I still have acne, but it is much improved:) Good luck! Just be patient[/font]