Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Gentle~Rain

Olive Oil

Guest Gentle~Rain

Olive oil is making a big difference in my face right now. I got some big fancy catalog in the mail about an olive oil skin care line. Needless to say the price tag was WAY too steep for me. They were talking about the benefits of olive oil and well they sell 100% organic virgin olive oil to the masses for 38$ for 1 oz ( what a rip)

The olive pit contains squalane, an excellent moisturiser that is especially compatable with your skin. The olive leaf, where photosynthesis occures , accumulates high levels of antioxidents and contains naturally occurring, collagen-promoting coenzyme Q10- skins own age defier.

I have not done anything like that, but when I do a performances I use lots of make-up (that’s the only time I where any) and to get off the make up I use olive oil. The next day my skin does look lots better. I always thought that it might have been from having lots of fun and not thinking about acne, but may be it was from the olive oil.

Please stay up dated, I would love to here how it works for you in the long run

i have used the products your talking about, DHC. I used to get so may samples in the mail it would keep me going forever. Anyway I just ordered some, good news is the more you buy the cheaper it gets. They give you frequent shopper discounts so we'll see how that works out.

Guest Gentle~Rain

:lol2: It was DHC Skincare !!! :lol2:

Since you bought the stuff, keep us posted how it's working for you... I did get 4 samples with the catalog, the velvet skin coat is nice, but I think I'll stick with my home brew, since it seems to be going good so far .

I'll try to keep up progress posts.

i may try an olive oil mask soon... maybe after QH mint julep masque to add moisture back to the face.

Isnt olive oil comedogenic?

http://www.soapnuts.com/noncomo.html

Looks like it has low pore clogging potential.

I don't think it's too much to worry about if you use it as a mask. I heard there is some possible pore clogging ingrediants in QH Mint Julep Masque, yet it helps so many people's faces.

For those hesistant, you can also buy products that contain squalane as it helps reduce redmarks and hyperpigmentation as well.

Although I will say that I too never broke out from using pure olive oil soap on my body as well as most other natural soaps. The only type of soap that broke me out (some natural soaps can be stripping) was one that contained Palm Oil. For over a year, I once used an Ayurvedic soap to bathe with that was once raved about on healthboards and I chose it because it wasn't stripping nor did it cause my body to break out. It contained Palmyra Oil, Coconut Oil, Sandalwood & Neem, among other oils. http://www.auromere.com/herbal_soap.html

Currently the only body wash I will use contains oils of Wheat Germ, Avocado, and Seseame Oils who would've thought huh. But it is not stripping or overly moisturizing even though it is supposed to be their moisturizing formula (sometimes wash my hair with this). Plus my chiral-based face wash contains Oleic Fatty Acids, and L-latic Shea Butter and suprisingly this has never broken me out either. I've used these products for several years now, even before changing my diet, and both products just leave my skin soft, balanced and have never contributed to giving me acne!

All the best :cool:

I have been using extra virgin olive oil in my regimen since early December and must admit that it leaves my face very smooth and moisturized. I actually use it as a make up remover to "melt" off my make up and it works very well in taking off my eye make up. I apply the olive oil to dry skin, then rinse, then wash with cetaphil. It takes all the oil off. Works wonders for dry skin around the elbows and hands, too! I also use it in my hair....about once a week I will apply the olive oil to my dry hair, focusing especially on the ends because I easily get split, dry ends (I use a hair straightener on a regular basis and it totally dries my hair out). After I have applied it everywhere, I wrap my hair in a towel and leave it for about 30 minutes. Then take a shower and rinse it out and wash hair as I normally would. Also off topic, but I must admit that if you haven't used Victoria's Secret So Sexy shampoo & conditioner, it is absolutely wonderful! And smells sooooooo good!! ;)

Guest Gentle~Rain

I just wanted to touch back and say I am still in love with EVOO!!! My skin is baby butt soft and I have gone from 15-20 active zits to 3. My nose pores are looking really good too... the little black dots ( blackheads) are all but gone. I really think all the bp I was using was keeping my skin in a constant state of trauma, seriuosly. This is really going good for me.

texasgemini- do you heat the oil at all like a "hot oil" treatment? I'll have to try this out!!!

Something else. I did a salt scrub w/ the EVOO last week ( just cuz I like that spa sort of thing) and it worked great. I oiled my face first, then added a small handfull of salt to my oily face and hands and being GENTLE I scrubbed for just a short amount of time. WONDERFUL!!!! I have used a salt scrub in the past and I would rate it so/so. See when you use salt with water, it dissolves and doesn't go very good. But it did NOT dissolve with the EVOO...so be careful.

:dance: EVOO :dance:

I just wanted to touch back and say I am still in love with EVOO!!! My skin is baby butt soft and I have gone from 15-20 active zits to 3. My nose pores are looking really good too... the little black dots ( blackheads) are all but gone. I really think all the bp I was using was keeping my skin in a constant state of trauma, seriuosly. This is really going good for me.

texasgemini- do you heat the oil at all like a "hot oil" treatment? I'll have to try this out!!!

Something else. I did a salt scrub w/ the EVOO last week ( just cuz I like that spa sort of thing) and it worked great. I oiled my face first, then added a small handfull of salt to my oily face and hands and being GENTLE I scrubbed for just a short amount of time. WONDERFUL!!!! I have used a salt scrub in the past and I would rate it so/so. See when you use salt with water, it dissolves and doesn't go very good. But it did NOT dissolve with the EVOO...so be careful.

Gentle~Rain....congrats on your success with EVOO! I'm glad to hear you are lovin it too! I never really ever had serious blackheads or anything before, but if you looked very close up you could see little tiny black things in my pores on my nose and chin. Well, due to EVOO and gentle exfoliating I have no more tiny blackheads anywhere!

I've never heated the oil....always just apply it as is to my hair then wrap in a towel. If you want, another idea is to apply the oil then wrap hair inside a shower cap, then heat using your hair dryer. I've read this before and it's supposed to help with split ends and dry, frizzy hair. I might try this soon...I'll let you know. Did you also know that beer is supposed to be good for your hair, too? Weird huh?!

Good luck!

I think the EVOO is helping my skin as well, I use it as well as emu oil. And yeah, I've also noticed alot less blackheads on my nose; when I use QH Mint Julep masque the same thing happens but it lasts for maybe a day, if that. Most of the time, less. But olive oil masks + emu oil as a moisturizer has softened my skin and helped with red marks. I don't know what it's doing as far as active acne because it's only been since friday for the emu, and maybe since sunday for the olive but I'm liking the results so far.

I have been also using olive oil as a moisturizer for about 10 days now and my skin looks SO much better :dance: . I usually mix a drop of lavender oil with 3 drops of olive oil and then put it on my face. I wash with saltwater and apply oil on damp skin. All the dry irritated patches are gone and I don't get that redness any more. And I didn't notice any new breakouts.

I love EVOO!

Before changing my regimen I used all sorts of products and an exfoliator from Dermalogica which screwed up my face really bad. Now I use it as a body scrub, although it cost me a fortune...didn't have the heart to throw it away :lol: .

I have been also using olive oil as a moisturizer for about 10 days now and my skin looks SO much better :dance: . I usually mix a drop of lavender oil with 3 drops of olive oil and then put it on my face. I wash with saltwater and apply oil on damp skin. All the dry irritated patches are gone and I don't get that redness any more. And I didn't notice any new breakouts.

I love EVOO!

Before changing my regimen I used all sorts of products and an exfoliator from Dermalogica which screwed up my face really bad. Now I use it as a body scrub, although it cost me a fortune...didn't have the heart to throw it away :lol: .

Good for you. :) What is the lavender good for? What does it do`?

You can never guess how much expensive shit I have thrown away after it turned out crap. :lol:

LAVENDER

Antiseptic, controls the production of sebum, stimulates circulation in the skin. Assists in the healing of wounds (aids in the formation of scar tissue) and helps to REJUVENATE :dance: the skin. Used to treat acne, cuts, burns, sunburn, inflammation, psoriasis, wrinkles. Throughout history, lavender has been known for its impress healing powers. Its use throughout the ages as a natural antiseptic, antibiotic, anti-depressant, sedative and de-toxifier is still used today to promote healing and prevent or diminish unsightly scar from forming.

I love EVOO!

Good for you. :) What is the lavender good for? What does it do`?

You can never guess how much expensive shit I have thrown away after it turned out crap. :lol:

WOW you people are gutsy!!!!!! I'd be too afraid to put olive oil on my face. So happy it worked for you though! Experiments pay off after all!

What I found, with my own skin and with many other people is that oily skin (mine used to be so oily I could see the oil seeping out of my pores) usually reacts very well to being moisturized with something that suits your skin type.

I used to REFUSE to believe that. The thought of putting a moisturizer on my already greasy face used to make me cringe. I was surprised though that for myself and for others I know a light moisturizer actually reduced my skin's oil production and drastically helped my skin.

Who knew olive oil could be a good moisturizer. Thanks for sharing the info.

i juss used extra virgin lite olive oil on my face and at first i was nervous bc using this thick oil on my face .. and terrified pof breaking out 5 days before prom but i used it and my face is much softer. unfortunately i cnat dkoi it everyday bc i dont own olive oil at my house but my b/f does. But my skin is exteremly soft so if u have dry skin this would work great.

THANK YOU to GentleRain for helping me find my best regimen to date! The products I use are so gentle, and I feel good knowing that I know EXACTLY what they are instead of chemical/commercial products. I used to get patches of scaly skin or dry flaky skin, but nothing in the past month or so.

Morning:

wash with glycerine soap

apply half and half jojoba and tea tree oil

Night:

wash with Extra Virgin Olive Oil

wash 3x with glycerine soap

swab with tea tree oil

So how did this work out in the long term? Are you people still having breakouts or are you clear now? If you're clear, was EVOO the only thing you were using?

So how did this work out in the long term? Are you people still having breakouts or are you clear now? If you're clear, was EVOO the only thing you were using?

I'm certainly not completely clear yet (you can click the link to pics in my signature). However, I am NOT changing from my EVOO washing. I still break out, but I'm finding that it's more due to internal reasons (what I eat, stress, etc.) Since starting the EVOO my overall skin tone has improved VASTLY. I dont get the dry scaly patches that other cleansers would give me, and it feels so good to know EXACTLY what I'm putting on my skin. Furthermore, it's very economical to use EVOO and glycerine soap! I think a 16 oz jar of EVOO lasts me about 2 months, and a bar of pure glycerine soap is dirt cheap. I'd never say that it is THE thing for everyone, because I know everyone's skin is different, but I would highly suggest giving it a shot if you're curious.

Hello,

I had gone to homestead thinking and they mentioned olive oil as moisturizer. When son was in Iraq he sent home olive oil soap the native people made and it was fantastic. (Of course don't want to have to get it that way) SOOOO tonight I did a sugar scrub with evoo. My skin feels fantastic. :clap: It had become like leather over the past few weeks. I do the regimen(has helped alot) but couldn't get anything but 10 % pb. I got some from csr and really like it but the over-drying was terrible already.

I am going thru moisturizers like you would't believe trying to find one that doesn't seem to cause more small pimples or make my face burn. Maybe this evoo is the ticket.

I am 52 yrs old and have suffered adult acne off and on for years but recently (after using some arbonne) got terrible. Went to doctor and my tri glycerides were out of wack so am eating much better too, and drinking more water. Also have started using mineral makeup and washing face at noon.

Will let you know what I come up with,

Cindy