Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, been on the regimen since November, and slowly clearing up with the odd breakout here and there. The other week I changed my cleanser and the results were amazing, I cleared completely, and my red marks started to fade, and 2 weeks ago I had clear skin. But then I broke out really really badly, last week, and am only just recovering. I'm now stuck with the scars again and fed up. I'll tell you what i'm doing so you can see if i'm doing anything wrong.

Cleanse with Pears soap

Wait 5 mins

Dan's BP Gel

Wait 10 - 15 mins

Moisturuise with Neutrogena visibly refined pore refining moisturiser with retinol and AHA

I use either Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation or Chanel Creme Powder Foundation, Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer and Bourjous pastel de teint pressed powder to cover up my scars, etc.

I don't think it's the make up, cause when I took a break from it it did nothing to improve my skin. And I can't deal with it anyway cause it makes me want to cry when I see my face without make up in the mirror.

I am using a full finger full of BP now, applying gently and rubbing in gently, so I really don't know what it is.

Help

it could be the moisturizer.

but it could also be those foundations, I've found that no matter which foundation I used, they all caused problems. I know that's tough to hear, but man, they just sit there.

it could be the moisturizer.

but it could also be those foundations, I've found that no matter which foundation I used, they all caused problems. I know that's tough to hear, but man, they just sit there.

Do you rekon I should try a different moisturiser then? I've read that AHA can actually be irritating.

As for the foundation, i'm happy to try other foundations but I can't not wear any because it would destroy my self confidence completely. I'm up for trying oil free and non comodegenic (s/p) and all that, but I can't quit the make-up

i am loving simply powder foundation by covergirl. it's not cakey like the liquids can be, it's non-acnegenic, and the coverage is the best i have found in a powder foundation.

Sounds great, but they don't sell Covergirl stuff over here in the UK :( :wall: