Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarssux

Sex affects acne?

Yes, i think it does. Even if i dont have any proofs im pretty sure that masturbation and sex would increase ur testerone level and make ur skin more active. But what would wonder is how u ppl control these stuff cause its hard being a teenager boy in this oversexual virale world :doh:

There's no correlation for me. I'm female but testosterone increases sex drive in girls too. If anyone does notice a correlation it's probably because they have sex or masturbate when their testosterone levels are already high and thus are more aroused, rather than sex actually causing acne. If you want to stop masturbating to get your skin to look better then knock yourself out (npi) but I doubt it will do anything.

PS -- it's "virile." Colds and the flu are viral, the oversexed world is not.

But when u masturbate or how sex (for males) u lose alot of zinc and energy. And ur testerone level gets really high to drop instantly and then to be high again.

True, but to "hold it in", so to speak, is sure to cause even worse problems inside. Not to mention the fact it's torture. lol

This has to be the most over-covered topic ever. If you want to have sex/masturbate, do it. If you don't, then don't. Life's too short.

Some of the stuff people from this web site do is unbelievable. I am all for getting rid acne....but it is not uncommon to see someone make a post, vowing to abstain from anything sexual in the name of clear skin. Idk but....I am not really into having my balls explode.

you know what i have stopped coming to this board as its DANGEROUS. all these stupid theories floating around can really mess up your mind when you are desperate for the cure.

stop this s**t right now. Not being an ass either but if any of you are under 21 and posting this crap then guys theres prob a 95% chance its hormonal, you cant do shit about it and just wait until you get older and the acne will go.

Now go and eat that big mac, drink loads of beer, screw women and jerk off all you want and ENJOY life.

when u masturbate ur testosterone levels increase, when u ejaculate ur testosterone burns into DHT(dihydrotestosterone), DHT is 30 times more potent than testosterone, testosterone is a hormone than causes ur skin to produce sebum(oil), DHT is a much stronger version that regular testosterone, DHT= increases in the amount of sebum ur skin produces,

Look all this stuff up on google or Yahoo or whatever theres plenty of scientific facts to back it up.

Sex & masturbation, like everything, in moderation is fine.

In fact it's good for you...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3072021.stm

However just like too much exercise over doing it can make you run down and prone to infection.

Like previous posters said abstain and see if it makes a difference, but seriously all that's needed is to ask yourself if you are having one off the wrist cos u r bored or really need one. Alternatively get married and after a year you'll rarely have sex and have a wonderful complexion. :lol2:

when u masturbate ur testosterone levels increase, when u ejaculate ur testosterone burns into DHT(dihydrotestosterone), DHT is 30 times more potent than testosterone, testosterone is a hormone than causes ur skin to produce sebum(oil), DHT is a much stronger version that regular testosterone, DHT= increases in the amount of sebum ur skin produces,

Look all this stuff up on google or Yahoo or whatever theres plenty of scientific facts to back it up.

So did you stop masturbating and having sex?

Regular orgasms boost your immune system. The stronger your immune system is, the better it's able to fight the bacteria in your pores before they multiply and become a huge pimple/cyst. Plus they reduce stress and the stress reduction plus the aerobic activity involved in sex reduce cortisol, which is bad for your skin, your brain, and your weight. After sex women release oxytocin, which boosts mood, therefore reducing stress, a trigger of acne.

The point being, you can sit here and jabber about the science all you want but at some point stop overanalyzing the problem and live your damn life. Some solutions are just a little too extreme to be worth the minimal effect they have. Are a few pimples really worth becoming celibate, giving yourself enemas, and cutting out sugar? I think not.