Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
some guy #2

How to sleep at night

The regimen says not to "smoosh" your face into your pillow at night, and I was wondering if sleeping on your side counted as "smooshing." I have tried sleeping on my back but i cannot go to sleep that way or I roll over to my side during the night. I'm afraid doing this is causing the acne on one side of my face to become irritated. Does anybody know how to deal with this problem?

I smoosh all night long! I cannot sleep on my back all night - Reminds me of being pregnant! Don't sweat it! just try not to cradle your face with your hand. Remember to tie back your hair if you have long hair. I'm clear & I smoosh!

It might be a lil hard, but it would probably help not to sleep on your face or side. I would mostly sleep on one of my sides, so that side of my face would be flat on the pillow, and always had more acne than the other side.

Now I just sleep on my back at all times. You get used to it. And its also much better for the back. Sleeping on your stomach or side isnt good for it.

Guest fatman_uk

I sleep on my stomach or my side.

I jus put one arm under the pillow to raise it up a bit, then put my head on the pillowup to my ear, so my cheek part an everythin below that point isn't o the pillow.

Didn't take me long to get used to it, an it's actually comfier an easier to breath than havin your face squashed into the pillow.

-Gaz

I started sleeping on my back a couple months ago. It took about a week for me to get used to it. I think that it did make a difference because my cheeks weren't getting clogged pores anymore.

Yes, it has made a difference for me. You might try getting a different pillow or a firmer matress, that helps me sleep on my back better. If you absolutely can't sleep on your back, at least use a 100% cotton pillowcase and change it often (a few times a week is ideal). And for girls, pull your hair back from your face with a soft headband (this has made a big difference in my forehead acne).

ok so i could be crazy but last night i tried hard to not "smother" my face in my pillow and today i see a lot of impovement on my face... maybe im insane, maybe its just a coincidence, but ill let u know if i see anything else tommorrow.

I dont have bad acne at all, I just have the occasional one or two pimple problem. But after I put BP on I put a mini bandaid on my face. It makes the BP work more effectively for me because it wont smear off on the pillow.

it rubs off on your pillow. especially if you move alot, like when you're having a wet dream, you'll probably put all that bp to waste that night but atleast you'll bust a nut.