Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotboiii

Thank accutane for ruining my life!

The drug has totally ruined my life I'm a fuckin schizo this is the 4th time it happened to me. I was going to school in NY started to hallucinate, panic, paranoia and think people were talkin about me and out to get me. I had to come back home on bus that same day!!! Now I missed school and can't go anywhere!! My doctors everything is fine my health, blood work, brainscan!!! no knows or will help me!!! If anyone has been going through what I am how did you get help!!! I been off the drug for a year and please don't say accutane didn't cause it because it did and I see why they want it taken off the market. Now my parents have to to me to school and I can't go on my own im scared for my life because I dont know when ill have another attack!!!! I wish I sit here and type everything that happened but im crying because I need help and no one knows that this accutane messed me up!!! If anyone has been going through this please PM.

how do you now for fact that accutane did this?

I know because I don't do drugs. I'm perfectly healthy. It's happened to others!!! I've read similar stories to mine all over online it was accutane that caused this why do you think they want it off the market? ya it may not effect you now but one day something can trigger the effects!! It's happening to me and I have to get help before I lose my mind altogether. I don;t want people think im coming here to scare them but im trying to find some1 here who is going through what i am and what steps they took to get help. I will be finding a doctor when i leave today to NY so hopefully ill get the help I need.

You know, people in your age group spontaneously manifest schizophrenia without having taking Accutane or "doing drugs". There are no actual confirmed links to triggering mental illness.

You need a psychiatrist.

it wouldnt suprize me cause tane has ruined my skin. not just that it created many physical problems for me and also so some mental ones but not as bad as your describing. my sister said i became so aggressive and to get of the orotane. i was really snappy and also i became deppressed for no reason. the biggest problem for me mentally was before tane i never use to think about my skin as much. now everyday its all i think about. i even had a dream that i had bad acne and the derm said my skin was really bad. i know tane cause my dreams to be like that.

hopefully this is just a phase and i think the best way to get past paranoier is not to think about it and just to relax and not think about it unless you know its gunna happen try to be around somebody.

iv been very paranoid like youv described before but i think it was weed and other drugs not orotane, have you been on any other drugs while on tane ?

also fuck a psychiatrist they cant do shit except talk shit and make up some bullshit. you have to overcome this problem yourself as i had really bad a paranoier. you should try not to think about it cause this will increase it as you will tell your body you have this problem and it will probably happen. try to relax and whatever you do dont drink alcohole or smoke weed. try to drink plenty of water and eat healthy. go and do a sport or do weights you need to keep your mind occupied and to get tired so your mind gets tired. seriously you need to keep happy by doing things rather than sitting around waiting for this problem to happen again. from experience of getting this problem ( i dont get it at all anymore as im 23 now) i know how dangerous it can be. people dont understand the thoughts that go through a paranoid persons mind. you start to make up things that seem so possible. even if its paranoier about your friends fucking your girls friends or even someone is going to rob your house. this can be very dangerous because you arnt thinking normally and anything can happen.

all i recomend is to do healthy activies so it clears your mind. if you start to get these feelings starting to come on tell someone that might understand so they can just monitor what your doing. good luck

Again, regardless of whether a causal link has been established or not the anecdotal evidence seems quite solid that accutane can indeed affect a person's mind. And again, mental effects may happen to a small number of people and it may very well be blown out of proportion, but they do indeed seem to happen. "no confirm links" doesn't mean that these effects do not occur. For those person's where it does occur, there may be secondary, tertiary, quaternary variables involved that interact with one another, producing the result, and making a causal link difficult to prove. An absence of proof doesn't prove much.

I've read that it can make people do crazy things or feel suicidal. Not to long ago here in Florida a boy 17/18ish (taking flying lessons) took a plane & flew it into the side of our Bank of America building (with a suicide note) & that was the only medication (they say) he'd been taking. Do you have mental illness in your family? If not I think I'd get that checked out, maybe they can give you something to stop your symptoms. Good luck!

-Crisco

also fuck a psychiatrist they cant do shit except talk shit and make up some bullshit.

No, they can prescribe medication, and if he is truly a schizophrenic he absolutely needs it.

Not to long ago here in Florida a boy 17/18ish (taking flying lessons) took a plane & flew it into the side of our Bank of America building (with a suicide note) & that was the only medication (they say) he'd been taking.

Oh, this is a perfect example of the media blaming Accutane for something and everyone blindly beleiving it. Yes, he had a prescription, but guess what? He hadn't actually taken it. There was no trace of isotretinoin in his system at the autopsy. I suppose just being prescribed Accutane is enough to make someone psychotic, eh?

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, because it's so back and forth..BUT! It is true, I am from Florida and remember that story very well. I myself have not taken Accutane, so I'm not being an advocate cuz I am on it and/or taken it. That kid had no Accutane in his system, at all. He, I dont think, Even filled the presciption yet. He just went a little crazy.

And as for you, HotBoii- I'm sorry you are feeling this way, but I don't think it was completely the Accutane's fault. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that you are pretty much born with and/or predispositioned to have. You might not have had any episodes in your life, until taking Accutane-which may have brought it out. You siad you weren't on any drugs, but have you taken drugs previously? What ones? Because, If you take certain drugs they can create a paranoia, even after you stop taking them/using.

It's a shame, I would be scared, too. I think you might be having anxiety attacks, which really suck. They are caused by stress usually- and maybe school is stressing you out... and you are having panic attacks. Panic Attacks can manifest themselves as so many different things, and they make you feel like you can't even breathe because you are so freaked out/nervous/paranoid.

Anyway- Hope you feel better.... Stop thinking about it, and like jaybo said- try to make urself get into different activities or sports. Learn to relax, it will help u tremendously. And you SHOULD see a psychiatrist if it's really bothering you. They can accurately diagnose this problem, and treat you for it if you really do have schizophrenia or a panic disorder.

The drug has totally ruined my life I'm a fuckin schizo this is the 4th time it happened to me. I was going to school in NY started to hallucinate, panic, paranoia and think people were talkin about me and out to get me. I had to come back home on bus that same day!!! Now I missed school and can't go anywhere!! My doctors everything is fine my health, blood work, brainscan!!! no knows or will help me!!! If anyone has been going through what I am how did you get help!!! I been off the drug for a year and please don't say accutane didn't cause it because it did and I see why they want it taken off the market. Now my parents have to to me to school and I can't go on my own im scared for my life because I dont know when ill have another attack!!!! I wish I sit here and type everything that happened but im crying because I need help and no one knows that this accutane messed me up!!! If anyone has been going through this please PM.

You were hallucinating? What types of hallucinations are you speaking of? Audible, visionary, or both? I personally do not know if accutane does any of what people claim it does mentally, because the studies are conflicting, and there really isn't a difference between people who take the drug and people who don't. Meaning they both experience depression/suicidal ideation equally. And you saying that you see why they want to take it off the market is very unfair and selfish. They have their potential side effects listed everywhere, and some people NEED accutane. It is easy for you support the idea of taking the drug off the market after you took it. It pisses me off when people get pregnant on the pill, or they say that accutane caused them depression (when there are 1.567886 million other things). If you were DIAGNOSED as a schizophrenic, then get on some antipsychotics. By the way I have never heard of accutane causing hallucinations a year after treatment.

Hotboiii,

At this point, never mind what caused what. Before your symptoms get any worse, please go see a medical professional ASAP and also get support from your family.

He's too lucid to be schizophrenic.

He's just an hysterical jackass with OCD or something.

Though I agree with you that he is probably not schizophrenic and is exaggerating things, most schziophrenic people are very lucid most of the time. Most have episodes either very rarely or once-two times in their lifetime. They aren't these mentally deranged people who need to be locked up (well most of them).

He's too lucid to be schizophrenic.

He's just an hysterical jackass with OCD or something.

Though I agree with you that he is probably not schizophrenic and is exaggerating things, most schziophrenic people are very lucid most of the time. Most have episodes either very rarely or once-two times in their lifetime. They aren't these mentally deranged people who need to be locked up (well most of them).

The surest sign that you are not crazy is when you have worked yourself into a froth because you are so frightened that you are crazy.

He has an anxiety problem.

Schizophrenics can be lucid, but not during an actual psychotic break, and not with the amount of insight that this person is demonstrating. Schizophrenics don't go around saying, "help me, I'm schizophrenic and I feel so paranoid right now!"

Yes I agree he either has an anxiety or just self esteem problem. And yeah schziophrenics aren't lucid during a breakdown, but after a episode, and when they are lucid, they can definitely recognize that they have a problem. Though you are right they do not go around saying they are schizophrenic. At least for the most part. Mental disease is very hard to diagnose, I think most people who are diagnosed really have nothing wrong with them in the first place.

Whatever the problem/disorder may be, it's time to go seek help if it affects your ability to function in life (e.g., going to school, keeping a job).

I don't think this problem is linked to Accutane. I have never heard of any stories like this, and you said you've been off the drug for a year so it is completely out of your system. Physiologically, and just plain logically, I don't see how Accutane could have caused these problems.

My guess is you do have some sort of serious mental disability that should be treated, but it is not related to Accutane. Like someone else above said, schizophrenia (which is what it sounds like you have) often manifests itself in males in their late teens and early twenties - likely your age range.

i would definantly go see a psychiatrist. Sounds like u could have a form of depression, depression can last for a long time but can be cured with medication.

I would also like to know ... do you play sports in particular team sports, do you do regular exerice?

Best of luck dude, i have had spells where i've felt like everyones against me... we all do. Just have to deal with it, but from what u described DEFINANTLY see a doctor about it.

Though I agree with you that he is probably not schizophrenic and is exaggerating things, most schziophrenic people are very lucid most of the time.

I've known a couple of schizophrenics and they were never lucid unless they were taking their meds. They were completely unable to distinguish between reality and not reality. And both of them would stop taking their meds soon after becoming lucid because reality seemed too bland to them. One of them had to be hospitalized for a lengthy period of time because she became very aggressive and refused medication. She was recently released but i doubt it will be long before they lock her up again, her delusions are extreme. The other i lost track of, but last i heard he was living with some roommates and in their words, quite crazy, but not dangerous.

I think Frankie is probably right that Hotboii's experiencing panic attacks. My fiance had a bad period with those and he said when it first manifested he alternated between thinking he was dying (he thought he was having a heart attack) and thinking he was going crazy.

Most schizophrenics beentheredonethat, are not always psychotic and crazy. They get "attacks". It is also accompanied by strange little behaviors, and most of the time depression. Now if you say that isn't being lucid then I agree with you.

Most schizophrenics beentheredonethat, are not always psychotic and crazy. They get "attacks". It is also accompanied by strange little behaviors, and most of the time depression. Now if you say that isn't being lucid then I agree with you.

Well yes, they both had times when there were "attacks" and you couldn't even talk to them, but neither of them were able to look at their delusions and hallucinations from the perspective of consensual reality and identify them as delusions and hallucinations when the "attack" was over. Even when not actively experiencing them, they still beleived them to be true. Unless they were on their meds, and as soon as they were off it was all "real" to them again and the time on meds was what was regarded as delusional. They could be lucid insofar as you could talk to them, so long as you respected their boundaries and accepted that in some ways what they spoke about would make no sense to you, but they didn't relinquish their delusions. They didn't say they were paranoid, they said people (well, actually aliens, "house sprites", and heathens) were out to get them. You see what i'm saying?

Perhaps they were both not "normal" schizophrenics, heh. But they were both the same way and weren't related or anything. But maybe we are just running into a difference in terminologly.

I think we probably are. I studied schizophrenia extensively because I have had 4 people diagnosed with schizophrenia, as well as me (even though it was wrong) in my close family (grandparents, uncles). When you have family history of schizophrenia, and something happens, you are usually quickly labeled as someone with a mental disorder (either manic or schizo) due to the fact I have both in my family. My uncle had to be hospitalized for life because of his schizophrenia, and my grandmother was put in mental institutions about 12 times in her life time. So yes some people are very psychotic. I have never been brought into a mental institution, but I was brought into the hospital about 3 times due to once being delusional (with no drugs in my system), and once a severe panic attack where I could not breathe, and another when I got very depressed and upset about nothing that I broke out in hives all over my body, severe hives and started throwing up in the emergency room. I have done acid and other psychedelics before and quite a few other drugs, but after the delusional part, so perhaps those things really do make things worse or create problems. Anyway I think you and I were just talking about different terms.