Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neuvo wavo

Personality is Appearance

How you look is who you are. People are not capable of assessing your personality as distinct from your physical appearance, and what they often mistakenly attribute as being qualities of "personality" in fact have more to do with your appearance:

An attractive person is "kind," an unattractive person is "obsequious;" Your non-talkative clear-skinned friends are "reserved" or "mysterious," while your chubby, acne-plagued friends exhibiting the same behavior are "bashful," "mousy" and "socially inept;" the sexy high school cheerleader who constantly acts out is "gregarious" and "vivacious," while the morbidly obese misfit girl doing the same thing is just "obnoxious" and "pathetic."

Your "personality" doesn't exist as separate from the way you look.

Why can't people understand this.

I find it that a person should love you for who you are not how you look.

How you look is who you are. Personality and appearance are flipsides of the same coin. Your personality doesn't exist as separate from your appearance.

Why can't people understand this.

I find it that a person should love you for who you are not how you look.

appearance is 60 % for me. Then 40% For Personality.

i'd say it's 90% appearance and 10% personality when it comes to judging someone as 'attractive' [it's more balanced in personality for choosing friends]. personality cannot MAKE a person but it can BREAK a person. if they have such an obtrusive personality then it will be a dealbreaker.

The only reason why people say that a person's looks does not matter is because it is difficult to accept that looks DO play a huge role in this world - and it is even harder for acne and acne-scars sufferers.

i will pick physically attractive because you can change personality easily

like i am beautiful, yesterday i have a bad attitude but tommorow i will be kind

im ugly yesterday, tommorow im still ugly (to many procedures that will take years)

im not hyprocrite im just being honest

Guest one_day

We talked about this concept in my Social Psychology class, and it's very true.

Really? What else have you learned in Social Psycholgy?

At first glance 99.9% of appearance is more important than personality. People don't see who you are, they see what you are.

Once someone is moderately attractive, their personality starts to become more important.

A 7/10 with a great personality would get my vote over an 8/10 with an average personality for example. This is because preconceptions about the motivations behind someones actions fade once someone gets past the 'ugly' mark.

But even if someone has a great personality, if they're less then a 5/10, well...

i'd say it's 90% appearance and 10% personality when it comes to judging someone as 'attractive' [it's more balanced in personality for choosing friends]. personality cannot MAKE a person but it can BREAK a person. if they have such an obtrusive personality then it will be a dealbreaker.

I agree

Guest adrian87

the confident good looking guy is seen as arrogant.

the confident ugly looking guy is seen as.. ?

Guest adrian87

the confident good looking guy is seen as arrogant

the confident ugly looking guy is seen as fake

the confident average looking guy is seen as confident

Average guy wins. I should do pyscholgy.