Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In the past, I have covered up my acne with makeup. I was obsessed actually, but then I stopped and now I don't do it at all. My face is like 100X better. I have like 3 pimples on my face right now. I think the makeup makes things worse, even if it doesn't clog pores and stuff, it might be doing damage. Let your skin breathe. I used to think I couldn't do without it, but it's so much better. I still love my eyeliner and mascara, but I leave my face alone. What do you guys think? Anyone else not wear makeup?

for someone with skin like mine, i would never even consider it. I have way too many scars and just plain nasty skin.

Yesterday, I did it. I went to school with no makeup. I think I will safley say never again! I was so fed up with 'Are you ill? Your so pale!' (as I try to cover up my extreme paleness with makeup) boo hoo! But Im glad its working for you!

Makeup can actually be good because it can protect your skin from the sun (IF it has SPF) and also from dirt that's in the air. It can keep dirt from getting in your pores. That is as long as the makeup itself isn't clogging your pores and causing irritation.

Yesterday, I did it. I went to school with no makeup. I think I will safley say never again! I was so fed up with 'Are you ill? Your so pale!' (as I try to cover up my extreme paleness with makeup) boo hoo! But Im glad its working for you!

Lol I know what you mean!

Last year I ONCE wore no makeup around my department (as a college student). I had gone down one hall to get a coffee, then came back down that hall to go to a library room, and walked past a tutorial group of grad students who were talking about me not having makeup on, and half the ppl I walked past didn't appear to recognize me. It's not like I wear THAT much makeup, I just have huge dark circles, and some problems with both rosacea and acne, so a little foundation goes a long way. I was also dressed kinda scruffy which probably added to the effect. I definitely never did that again!

I remember when I used to wear makeup everywhere. When I first started getting mild acne about 6 years ago, I used to try to cover it up with makeup. I always made sure I at least had foundation and mascara on before I left the house or my dorm room. After I graduated college and started working I have a lot less time than I used to. I statred skipping makeup if I didn't have time to put it on. I only had mild acne at the time so I didn't really care. Last summer out of nowhere I developed moderate cystic acne. I went to a derm and got most of it taken care of. But even when I had a face full of acne, I couldn't be bothered with makeup. It looked worse with makeup on anyway. I'm a lot clearer now, but I still don't wear makeup. My skin feels better without it. I like being able to rub my eyes without smearing my mascara.

I only save it for special occasions now. When I do wear it I use Bare Minerals. I contantly get comments on how great my skin looks when I have it on. I just can't be bothered during the normal workweek to spend that extra 5 minutes in the morning. I guess the older I get the lazier I get. I stopped trying to streighten my hair around the same time I stopped wearing makeup. I just let it be curly now because I can't be bothered.....I guess this is what happens when you get older...

I dont wear makeup unless it's to work (I work PT) or if I'm going out somewhere nice, otherwise I dont wear any. I like the way my face feels with no makeup, but I dont dare head to work without it. Nope. :snooty:

there have been a few days in school where i went wearing little or no makeup at all. sometimes its good to give your skin a break and let it "breathe".

My skin is too horrible for me to even think about not wearing foundation. I truthfully don't like wearing it, but I feel to self-conscious about my skin. I want those carefree days of wearing no makeup back.... :( hasn't been that way for a few years now. :dontgetit:

i never wear make up to school, mainly because all the make up i have tried i have had an allergic reaction to... i wish i could find a make up that wouldnt give me problems because my skin is pretty shit atm.

OH HELL NO!! lol

Even if I had clear skin I would still wear a light powder to cover up shine and blush bc my friends say I'm a mud colored :P

In the past, I have covered up my acne with makeup. I was obsessed actually, but then I stopped and now I don't do it at all. My face is like 100X better. I have like 3 pimples on my face right now. I think the makeup makes things worse, even if it doesn't clog pores and stuff, it might be doing damage. Let your skin breathe. I used to think I couldn't do without it, but it's so much better. I still love my eyeliner and mascara, but I leave my face alone. What do you guys think? Anyone else not wear makeup?

I just wear a light dusting of powder, since starting the Regimen 11 months ago, and while my skin doesn't have a flawless look, it is so nice not to be smearing foundation all over. It never looked natural anyway. But I was always one of those people who HAD to have makeup on to be seen by anyone, since age 15 or so.

Every single foundation I ever tried caused zits, I swear. I do wear eyeliner, mascara, brow liner, and lipstick, and puff on a bit of pressed powder just to soak up any oily look throughout the day.

hell hell hell hell HELL NO!!!

If I ever went out without makeup, I would look like a big ugly disgusting loser! I mean, my skin is clear (enough) to get away with not wearing it, but I have dark circles, redness and splotchy pigmentation that flares up in cold weather, and if I didn't wear mascara, I would definitely look like a boy. Besides, makeup makes me look flawless, and perfect, and that's what everyone wants to be, and that's what the world considers beautiful. So basically, I just want to look normal, and look like everyone else in the world.

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

Ill always wear makeup period! I could never go a day without it. Its become and addiction. However I dont wear all that much just a bit.

I usually wear very minimal concealer and powder. But yes, I do notice that when I DON'T wear makeup, I rarely break out. I'll go get coffee and stuff in the morning without makeup, and no one notices anything. I currently have 2 zits (from wearing makeup to the bar the nigh before I think) and some pink spots, so basically I'm confident enough that I can go to Starbucks makeup-free.....LOL

I'm like the above poster--I have to look as flawless as possible.

Gosh, I cannot even think of not wearing makeup unless I am sleeping. I look forward to the day (hopefully at the end of Accutane) where I can go out without foundation, concealer, and powder!

whatever.

of course i dare

ive confidence whit myself and you all should start to think about this

you are not a pimple , you are awesome

learn it , love it , live it

No way! I dont leave my room without makeup! i hate it, i cant wait til i can b makeup free again :'(

I'm with you on that one

When I was younger, I would never dare leave the house without makeup, since I've gotten older and lazier, I just don't care as much. I put it on if I'm going out to dinner or somewhere nice, but if you see me in the grocery store or stopped by my house, you'd see a naked face.

Plus, I have always been somewhat makeup challenged. I can never seem to find the right foundation for my coloring, or the foundation doesn't agree with my face. I always think I end up looking like a gal with acne and scars with paint on my face.

i dont mind if ive just got pimples, but its the red patches and skin discolouration which looks really bad...

sometimes i'll just wear mattifying powder though...not much of a make-up, but just helps keep shine from bp and moisturiser at bay.

i will do it occasionally, depending on how confident im feeling (haha this means never)

If I were forced to chose between going out into pubic with either no makeup or no pants, I'd definatly be flashing ya'll my ass. And my ass isnt even that great.

whatever.

of course i dare

ive confidence whit myself and you all should start to think about this

you are not a pimple , you are awesome

learn it , love it , live it

that's very true. i wish i had your confidence. :)

My mom never let me wear makeup until i was like..15.(even then i didn't start really wearing it) I wanted to sooo much before then just because all the other girls were..not because of my acne. But it wasn't as bad then. But I think that because she did that now I'm not so "dependent" on it, like so many other people.(even people with flawless skin). I figure though...when you go to a pool...or wherever..someone's GOING TO see you without makeup and what your skin really looks like. And since people have DEFINITELY seen me without it on alot I just don't put it on, i think it just makes it look worse. And hopefully people are used to seeing my skin so bad that they won't notice any other bad days...it would just be normal seeing my skin like that. I only wear eyeliner. I hardly have time to put that on..imagine slathering my skin with foundation.....I don't think so. but yea..sure..I wanna seem like I perfect flawless skin..but basically..I DON'T, and that's what people get. I want people to like me for who I am not the seemingly perfect face I have.