Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tainted_

What cleansers do NORMAL people use?

I hate acne. It sucks. But from now on I really dont give a shit anymore. So I am quitting all acne products - but of course I need a good normal facial cleanser. However, since I am no longer a part of normal society I have no clue as to what their grooming habits and preferences are. Can anyone enlighten me as to which cleaners do normal people use on their face? Obviously products such as clearasil, neutrogina and cetaphil and all those "oil stripping", "pore reducing" and "anti clogging" cleansers are out - since normal people clearly have no need for them.

Funnily enough, just plain old bar soap normally. Specifically because people with acne have to be just that little bit more careful and use more specific cleansers like cetaphil.

what do you mean by normal ppl?

clean-skin-ones?

coz i consider myself a pretty normal person who happens to be cursed.

but if i was one of THEM, i'd use a good cleanser. from those i've used, Neutrogena Deep Clean was the best one yet. it contains a bit of SA, but it definately won't harm u. it felt good, but i had to replaced it coz it didn't help my acne ENOUGH.

good luck.

p.s. u R a part of a normal society, u can't avoid being one. the NORMAL society includes ppl with problems, e.g. problematic skin.

i recommend nivea double action face wash. that stuff rules. I dropping all acne products as well. just gonna washh/exfoliate with brush and moisturize with aloe vera.

people without acne would clean themselves allot like all of us did before we got acne. with a bar of ivory soap and forget to wash our face after are hair is shampoo'd. probly run out hands on our faces and not even fathem what our faces will look like in 3 years!!

I think normal people use dish soap or car wash.

lol

Anyway i bought the dove "sensitive skin foaming facial cleanser" which i guessed was pretty normal by the desciption. My face felt pretty dry afterwards, but clean nonetheless. Im praying I dont break out tomorrow since my past cleanser had SA and all that stuff for acne packed in and i suddenly just stopped.

oh god, you mean there are people out there without acne?

hm, bar soap? thats soooo drying.

i know alot of normal people who still care.

I continue to be fascinated by the focus on "moisturizers" and "dry skin" on this site.

I've been doing some recent experiments with washing frequently with Ivory soap (5-6 times a day for several days), and I don't have any skin peeling or cracked, scaly skin. What to your way of thinking are the actual SYMPTOMS of "dry skin"? Please be specific.

Bryan

I continue to be fascinated by the focus on "moisturizers" and "dry skin" on this site.

I've been doing some recent experiments with washing frequently with Ivory soap (5-6 times a day for several days), and I don't have any skin peeling or cracked, scaly skin. What to your way of thinking are the actual SYMPTOMS of "dry skin"? Please be specific.

Bryan

5-6 times a day?! jesus. has your acne gotten worse?

most NORMAL people don't use shit. seriously.

I'm with jan carlo on this one..

If I didn't have acne, I would just wash my face with water. Unless I was wearing makeup or had oil-based grime on my face (like maybe oily food around my mouth or something), there'd be no reason to use anything more than water - in that case though, I'd just use a cleansing wipe/ aloe-based baby wipe or toner.

I have acne (well not currently thanks to some topicals, but I will forever be acne prone). I still don't really pay attention to what particular cleanser I use. Right now I like Cetephil Normal/Oily cleanser, and Aveeno Ultra Calming. But I could swipe some of my boyfriend's Gilette "men's" face wash in a pinch and be fine with it. He doesn't have acne and never did, so I guess that counts as a "normal person" cleanser.

I think the whole purpose of a cleanser is just to cleanse. To remove surface oil, dirt, traces of makeup...ect. I never actually thought a cleanser alone could clear up acne, so I really don't care what cleanser I use. I try to avoid soap, unless that's all there is and I'm super greasy, but I don't make a habit of using it.

I know alot of "normal" people who rinse with water in the morning and use whatever cleanser is in the bathroom at night for the face. However there are also other "normal" people who use specific cleansers as well since they may have other problems like dry skin, oiliness, bad complexion, etc. No one's skin is perfect. Those that seem like they are perfect are just lucky they don't have reactions to many ingredients in cleansing products thus can use anything (or nothing) if they like.