Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ExoticOlive

Trying the Murad Acne Regimen

Hey everyone for the past month I've been using the Murad Acne Regimen, which includes the following twice a day:

Wash with 1.5% Murad Salicylic Acid Cleanser

Treat with 1.0% Murad Acne Treatment Gel (which is supposed to exfoliate through out the day)

Apply 1.0% Murad Sulfur Acne Spot Treatment on really red zits to reduce inflammation.

Moisturize with Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

There has been some progress but I would say very LITTLE. My main concern is to get rid off the red marks/scars that have been left behind from previous breakouts... they seem to linger for-like-ever even whether I pick at the blemishes or not! Anyways I think soon I will try something a stronger like Glycolic Acid. I've never had a peel, microdermabrasion or used accutane or o-tricyclen? before, but am considering a peel/dermabrasion/laser as a last resort, any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

I had a very bad experience with the Murad system -- my acne increased x10 while I was using it -- one or more new blemishes every day, in places I never had them before. Maybe my skin was "purging," but after 3 months of it I'd had enough, threw the whole set out, and went to the dermatologist to fix the damage (although I am using Murad sunblock now and haven't had any problems).

I've liked the Murad products I've tried, but a lot of people on this board have had trouble with the acne regimen ... obviously it's not for everyone.

What is your acne like?

Q

unfortunately, the murad regimen is a lot like ProActive, which i didn't like. i didn't like either of them. they work for a while, and then completely stop working for some reason. i hate using all the steps too. i hope it works for you though! good luck

My skin did not like Murad at all. After the 2nd time I used it I realized how irritated my skin got. Even at the moment I started putting the stuff on my face it didn't feel right.

Proactive worked a lot better. As soon as I put that on my face I began to feel it working. But ofcourse after a while my face got used to it and it only helped a little.

Thats why I am going through Lasers at the moment. Hope this does the trick. 7 years of mild acne is enough.