Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been taking the vilantae brand b5 capsules for about 3 weeks now, and i'm not sure about it yet. i feel like it is reducing the oil on my face, but i am also using 0.025% tretinoin cream every night. Can someone please tell me if they have tried the b5 and what results they have had????? As if i wasnt breaking out bad enough before, it seems to be getting a little worse. Maybe this is from the cream, but I really want to know about anyones experiences with the b5. thanks

I've been taking 5 grams of B5 per day since around august time, and i've been clear since the end of november. It took about a month for the real improvements to start, and after that things pretty much just kept improving. I did have a bad breakout at the start of the treatment, but you've got to stick with it for at least two months i'd say. I also eat a healthy diet without much junk food, but i've been doing this since way before I started on the B5.

May I ask how much you're taking and also how bad your acne is?

the b5 thing wont cure your acne. just stop it

This is true, but it's the same for pretty much everything I can think of.

I started taking B5 in November, and here I am with no results. I was taking over 10g a day for more than 2 months, and I showed no signs of oil reduction or acne reduction. I now believe that most of my acne is hormone related, which is impossible to control. If after using B5 for over 2 months, I should have seen results, but I didn't.

I started taking B5 in November, and here I am with no results. I was taking over 10g a day for more than 2 months, and I showed no signs of oil reduction or acne reduction. I now believe that most of my acne is hormone related, which is impossible to control. If after using B5 for over 2 months, I should have seen results, but I didn't.

As a last ditch effort, try to reduce dairy intake by 80% for 6 months. Give Soy milk or Rice Milk a try for your calcium/cereal needs.

B5 seems to either work or it doesnt. VIlante cost a packet for me and it broke my skin out like crazy, really nasty persistant zits that have left red marks that are just starting to fade now 4 months later.

unless dairy causes you a real problem or you actually dont like eating/drinking that you are totally wasting your time not eating it. Diet only causes acne in some people and if it is a problem for you, you will be able to tell easily once you stumble upon the culpert. I was down the diet hell road for 3 months last year. horrible breaks outs and horrible time. Dont waste your life trying!

I'm really sorry to hear that B5 didn't work for you. I guess it all depends what the cause is of your specific acne as to whether it'll be effective or not. You said that you think yours is hormone related (and it may well be, i'm definitely no doctor!), but I think the theory behind B5 is that it helps hormone-related acne.

Basically, you need coenzyme-A to break down lipids (fats) in the body. This is made up of ATP (energy), cysteine, and pantothenic acid. All of these are produced by the body except for pantothenic acid. When you hit puberty most coenzyme-A gets used to make the sex hormones. Since formation of the sex hormones and reproductive organs of the body is the more important reaction, fat metabolism gets put on hold, oil production increases which causes acne to develop. But if you supplement with enough pantothenic acid, you will create enough coenzyme-A in the body and both sex hormone synthesis and fatty acid metabolism will be taken care of. I think that's the theory anyway.

You probably already knew all of this, but I thought it was worth saying anyway since we're on the subject.

Yeah, I know what B5 is supposed to do. And I'm pretty upset that it didn't work for me. Maybe I should have kept taking it. It is expensive though. Plus, you have to keep taking it in small doses once the mega dosing is done. I'm working on other methods to aid my acne.

I have been taking the vilantae brand b5 capsules for about 3 weeks now, and i'm not sure about it yet. i feel like it is reducing the oil on my face, but i am also using 0.025% tretinoin cream every night. Can someone please tell me if they have tried the b5 and what results they have had????? As if i wasnt breaking out bad enough before, it seems to be getting a little worse. Maybe this is from the cream, but I really want to know about anyones experiences with the b5. thanks

I was on vilantae too, taking 24 pills... The one good thing it did was get rid of all my oil...It didn't help my acne though...I'm on accutane now :)

The problem with the vitamin B5 theory is the hypothesis states that acne does not occur when exogenous hormone are administered. That is absolutely positively 100% false.

Go tell a pro bodybuilder that taking Testosterone injections won't give you acne, and he'll laugh in your face.

So if acne was only caused by the depletion of CoEnzyme A in the use of producing sex hormones, then taking exogenous hormones should CLEAR acne because exogenous introduction of sex hormones causes a suppression of natural production. That suppression would mean more Coenzyme A SHOULD be available for fat metabolism. Yet the opposite occurs; administration of exogenous hormones causes a proliferation of acne and worsens acne symptoms in many cases in a dose dependant manner.

Thus it is clear sex hormones play a very direct role in the formation of acne. The question is, via what mechanism? That much is not known.