Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recently I've been viewing alot of people's sigs when I read their replies to topics. I found a high amount of things in common with all of them. They all drink Green Tea at some point in the day. So my question is...what does Green Tea do for your Acne And for your body? I know I could google it but I'd like to hear from people with experience :)

search this board, there is a relatively recent thread floating around on the subject. Overally, it seemed like it didn't do much for most ppl, but most were/are happy to drink it as an antioxidant.

Green tea does decrease oil in ur blood. Im not sure how it does that but thats what ive heard from ppl.

My theory would be that it makes the blood less thicker (the water) and the green tea somehow helps the oil in ur blood not clump togheter. But then im not sure if its true.

No, that's not true (though maybe I misunderstood that). If anything tea will cause blood to thicken bc it contains vit. K which causes blood to clot, and actually is not advised for people with a history of clots.

No, that's not true (though maybe I misunderstood that). If anything tea will cause blood to thicken bc it contains vit. K which causes blood to clot, and actually is not advised for people with a history of clots.

Oh...

Then i dont know. Just heard it decreases fat in the body

It contains antioxidants, which decreases oxidation and free radicals, which are related to cellular breakdown that leads to things like aging and cancer. Also, a compound in it is believed to raise your metabolism if you consume at least 3 cups a day. You have to make fresh tea for the antioxidants to still be stable, and don't leave it in the fridge too long -- make it fresh every few days at least. Tea from a bottle does nothing for you; if it's the sweetened kind you might as well be drinking soda.