Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Building muscle

Ive been asking alot lately on how to bulk up. Alot of information you guys have told me really helped.

But now i have another question.

I understand i have to eat alot but my problem is when and in a few occasions what.

For breakfast i have eggs and salami with some toast.

What would you reccomend during the day and for diner?

As well how often should i east.

As for workouts, when should i eat? Before? After? How much after?

What foods can i eat at ni9ght?

You probably need to eat 4-6 times a day. I've been trying to gain weight for years since I have a fast metabolisim. I lift weights 3 times a week, sometimes more. If you don't eat the proper foods to aid in the muscle building, then they can't grow. I try to eat 3-4 times a day. Make sure you eat lots of protein. Protein helps muscle build. That's why many people use whey protein supplement. You need to have at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight a day. This is impossible by just eating foods. You must supplement it. Don't eat junk food, unless you want to gain fat. You must eat healthy foods, even healthy snacks. Don't ever eat before you work out, unless you want a cramp. Drink lots of water before and after a workout. Try not to eat right before you sleep. This makes it harder on your system to digest the food. Try eating sandwiches for lunch. I eat tuna sandwiches 3-4 times a week. Tuna has some protein as well. Try having a few peices of chicken or meat with vegtables for dinner. I would suggest buying a book on weight lifting because they should have diet plans that you can follow. Good luck.

You should eat some carbs before your workout (more then an hour before). After the workout the energy in your muscles is mostly used up so you need to replace it and eat carbs. Then two hours after the workout you need protein for your muscles.

I agree with what bedrock and veen said.

If you are on a bulking diet I recommend between 1.5 - 2g protein per pound of bodyweight. This is pretty expensive which is why most people use protein shakes too, which are relatively cheap and effective.

Good sources of protein are tuna - around 35g protein per can, chicken breast, beef, pork, eggs, milk etc.

I would eat between 4 and 6 meals per day. Pre workout meal shold be about 90 mins before you lift and consist of protein and carbs (I use a whey shake and oats).

Post workout meal should be consumed within an hour of working out, and preferably a protein shake within 20 minutes of working out.

A good night time protein source is cottage cheese or casein protien shakes. Both are slow release protein sources which are beneficial in preventing muscle catabolism.