Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White

How many of you arent using BP?

Ive been on and off of bp for like 6 yrs now and consistant use of it hasnt kept me clear for the last 3 yrs.

So im wondering how many of you are using a regimen that does not involve BP and what is your regimen?

Right now im using BP in the form of clean an clear acne cleanser, the one from botchlas regimen with 10%bp.

I wash with that and exfoliate my skin with a tweezerman face brush (which rules, its so soft and gentle, crazy) and then i moisturize. However i am thinking of dropping the BP face wash but im not sure if i should. I just want to know if its possible to treat acne without any normal acne medications.

By that i mean simply washing with nivea doublewash/exfoliating with facebrush and then moisturizing with aloe vera gel.

I wonder if i could keep my skin clear by doing that.

Any thoughts?

My regimen is jessica's brush exfoliation and i just started it...i use an oral-b electric toothbrush and it feels great. It has no Bp at all in it, to see more about it look at my signature.

ive recently began using 101E acne getaway (chinese lotion) hopefully it will work 2 early to see yet.

ive also read from many ppl that fresh lemon juice (with water a few times a day) is effective 2. +im taking chinese herbal tablets. in a week or 2 my skin is due to flare up REAL bad so this will b a good test.

bp can be effective im sure i know other ppl who use it,but if u use 2 much i think it dries ur skin out. I once tried carlys clean and clear it was either 2 or 5% bp and even just a little bit was 2 irritating 4 me..my skin was red&rashy.

but everyones different..u may not react to it. :angel:

i'm using minocycline at 100mg's 2x/day.. washing with dove in the afternoon.. then applying erythromycin before bed. today is the 4 week mark so hopefully things will start to get better. i've noticed slight improvement but nothing big.

Ive been on and off of bp for like 6 yrs now and consistant use of it hasnt kept me clear for the last 3 yrs.

So im wondering how many of you are using a regimen that does not involve BP and what is your regimen?

Right now im using BP in the form of clean an clear acne cleanser, the one from botchlas regimen with 10%bp.

I wash with that and exfoliate my skin with a tweezerman face brush (which rules, its so soft and gentle, crazy) and then i moisturize. However i am thinking of dropping the BP face wash but im not sure if i should. I just want to know if its possible to treat acne without any normal acne medications.

By that i mean simply washing with nivea doublewash/exfoliating with facebrush and then moisturizing with aloe vera gel.

I wonder if i could keep my skin clear by doing that.

Any thoughts?

I wish I had pictures to show before and after but I started Dan's regimine on December 30th so today would be day 18 and I have to say, followed precicely truly works. Mine was not that bad to begin with so if someone has more severe acne, I assume it would take a little longer. But I have not had one new zit since I started and the little ones I had were gone within a few days and one honker that I had for like ever on my chin is basically gone too. I had to learn to leave it alone and not pick and it drove me nuts but the payoff was well worht it. I can truly spend about a 1/2 hour less getting ready in the morning not trying to coverup everything. I am very happy I found this site. I am 33 and have been batteling constant acne since about 14 years old. I hope it continues to work this way. I just a gentle clenser in the morning, then 2.5%BP(Neutragena on the spot and lots of it) then cetaphil moisturizer. I do the same at night and results are great! :dance:

White,

have you ever used bp in the way Dan describes in his Regimen? I think part of the problem people have is just using it to spot treat, or as a wash (which is pretty ineffective). The thing that makes Dan's program different is using lots of low-strength bp all over, to clear up and prevent future breakouts.

If you are interested in giving bp another try, read through the Regimen and see what you think.

Otherwise, try posting in the "over-the-counter acne medications" forum for other ideas on what people are using.

good luck to you!