klosot

Zinc Products

Hi all

ok ive been reading that zinc can stop oilyness

so im wondering which of theese Zinc Supliments to buy

my oilyness is not bad so im not sure which to buy

25mg Zinc from http://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/detai...p/p86_zinc.html

or

Zinc 50mg (as Citrate) (found at bottom of page) http://www.hamiltonsfitness.co.uk/minerals.htm

or

100mg Zinc from http://www.goldshield.co.uk/products-ST004...1-38-0/Zinc.htm

Any ideas anyone?

It's probaby in your best interest to start lower, and take 2mg of copper with that so you dont end up with a copper deficiency (which supplementing zinc can cause). 100 is VERY high, IMO start w the 25 -- FYI most medical professionals recommend 10-15mg for good health, and only SLIGHTY more for skin problems.

I started today with opti-L-zinc from NOW. 30mgr tablets with additional copper included in the capsule. I took 50mgr a day for 3 months from another brand, which was just plain zinc. I noticed a difference, but not to impressive. I think this will work better, because opti-L-zinc tends to be better absorbed by the body. I started with the tablets this morning, took two of them, but now I'm having the worst stumach ache in years! I will be only taking one tablet tomorrow, that's for sure!

when I take 50mg of Zinc on an empty stomach, it makes me nausious (sp?), try taking during a meal, it helps.

BTW..I can't find Copper (not with zinc) supplements anywhere...where do you get them?

Thanks..... :cool2:

I use that too firemind :) but I dont think my body is absorbing it very well, bowel problems...

Copper is a harder one to find, but if you take a multivitamin, it's usually in there, or get a muliti-mineral supplement. Alternatively, just get the zinc w the copper in there -- I always figure that's a good sign when a company puts the two together.

I take a multi vitamin with Copper but how do I know if there is enough Copper in it to counterbalance the extra (50mg) zinc I am taking. Does it matter? The multi also contains 15mg of Zinc. So I am taking 65mg Zinc total ...and the multi vit. has 2mg copper..is that enough??? :think:

I don't know, but that's a massive amount of zinc to be taking. I'd either try googling it or even stop by a pharmacy to check on the ratio of zinc to copper they would recommend -- you don't want to be doing yourself harm in the long run.

I don't know, but that's a massive amount of zinc to be taking. I'd either try googling it or even stop by a pharmacy to check on the ratio of zinc to copper they would recommend -- you don't want to be doing yourself harm in the long run.

Uh ohhh...I will check it out...Thanks for your quick reply

A nutritionist told me that 50mg Zinc is a reasonable amount to take. Just be careful not to go beyond 100mg, as it has long-term side affects (prostate cancer as some studies claim). I've seen some websites mentioning 200mg to help acne, that's not only bs, it's dangerous as well.

Take care!