Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

A good shine free foundation?

Hello! Right now, I use Maybelline Shine Free foundation.. I love this stuff coverage-wise, and its an excellent match.. but the shine free part is a a big no for me.. I'm always super oily after a few hours of applying! Could someone recommend me a foundation that actually keeps your face matte throughout the day?

Hello! Right now, I use Maybelline Shine Free foundation.. I love this stuff coverage-wise, and its an excellent match.. but the shine free part is a a big no for me.. I'm always super oily after a few hours of applying! Could someone recommend me a foundation that actually keeps your face matte throughout the day?

In my experience, I think that the products which do a fairly good job of keeping oil at bay (smashbox, for example) actually contain oil. I just use the blotting sheets, or even better, toilet paper covers or Starbucks napkins.

You could try putting a powder on first as a primer, or some people use Milk of Magnesia. I know it sounds weird but it can be a good primer to soak up oil. There have been threads on here about it.

However, I have tried everything imaginable and still get oil breakthrough by 9 am (put makeup on at 7). My skin is super, super oily. But the above things might work well for someone who is less oily than me.

A thin coat of Milk of Magnesia works for awhile, but nothing has ever worked as well for me as Clinique's t-zone anti shine control. I've also heard of using jojoba or ylang ylang oil. The thinking being is that our oiliness is overactive because our skin is so dry from all the drying acne products and it is producing the oil to compensate. There is a gal over at makeup alley that SWEARS by ylang ylang oil.

are you on the regimen??

if not, try OC8 oil control moisturiser (www.oc8.co.uk or www.oc8.com).use it as a moisturiser (though isnt great if youre on the regimen as tends to ball up really badly) then put your makeup over it.

used to keep me shine free for about 5hours.

i dont use foundation as they all make my skin WAY too oily...do you need to wear it??try just an oil freeee or medicated concealer and a mattifying powder..with a thick enough dusting to hide coloured patches.

are you on the regimen??

if not, try OC8 oil control moisturiser (www.oc8.co.uk or www.oc8.com).use it as a moisturiser (though isnt great if youre on the regimen as tends to ball up really badly) then put your makeup over it.

used to keep me shine free for about 5hours.

i dont use foundation as they all make my skin WAY too oily...do you need to wear it??try just an oil freeee or medicated concealer and a mattifying powder..with a thick enough dusting to hide coloured patches.

thanks! I think it is time that I drop the foundation