Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wanda

1st timer

Hi guys. This is my very 1st time visiting this site and my first time dealing with acne that doesn't seem to go away. I know its bad but I've been picking at my face every now and then when I would get a pimple for about a decade now. Now that I've hit my 30's, maybe about 3 or 4 months now I've been breaking out a lot and it seems like they're here (pimples) to stay. My acne is around my the jaw area and my back. My acne is red, bumpy and very painful. Although I don't have tons, they're very noticeable because they are red and bumpy. I've visited the Dermatologist and she put me on a prescription called IC Tetracycline, 500mgs. I take it 2xs daily. Also, before bedtime, I apply a cream called Tazorac 5%. Ive been doing this for about 1 month now and I've seen a little bit of improvement but not much. I'm still getting new pimples both on my back & face and I was under the impression that by using this method they would slowly vanish; Not. I just finished washing my face after popping about 3 or 4 cysts/pimples. My face is very dry from washing it so much and not really moisturizing it because I'm afraid if I use any moisturizer it will make me break out so I hardly use any moisturizer. I've been really depressed about my situation that at night before I go to sleep and pray I ask God to help my skin clear up. I know it sounds like I'm over exagerating but, this is how bad this is affecting me. So, I'm asking anyone to please help me and advise me on what I should do. I would really appreciate a helping hand. Thank you kindly;

Wanda :(

Here are some questions and concerns I have:

After picking at my face and my face being irritated what can I apply or do to stop the infection/pimples from spreading? Can I apply anything right away? Use my medication cream? I've noticed when I pop a pimple/cyst and all of the puss is out, the pore/hole it leaves is pretty big, is this normal? Again, any info is greatly appreciated.

With the Tazorac cream you will need three months to see full effects, and 6-8 weeks before you see improvement. If it has been making your skin worse, this is normal in the first 6-8 weeks. You can appply benzoyl peroxide to freshly popped pimples, it will reduce the swelling and kill bacteria. You can get this at any drugstore. But only apply a little, I think it is normal to have a larger hole when you pop a pimple. Hope this helps!

With the Tazorac cream you will need three months to see full effects, and 6-8 weeks before you see improvement. If it has been making your skin worse, this is normal in the first 6-8 weeks. You can appply benzoyl peroxide to freshly popped pimples, it will reduce the swelling and kill bacteria. You can get this at any drugstore. But only apply a little, I think it is normal to have a larger hole when you pop a pimple. Hope this helps!

Thanx Willow3 4 your reply. At least now I have some hope that my face will start to clear up and not give up. Also, I just found myself picking at a pimple (:( I know, I shouldn't) but after cleansing the area, I followed your instructions and added a tiny bit of BP to help kill the bacteria. Thanx again! :) God Bless!