Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aronomy

Is it ok to deviate from the list of moisterizers?

I'm new here, and I went out to buy all the products needed to start this Regimen today, however I stood in the Eucerin section...not finding the recommended one on the site. So instead I bought Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Lotion . Is this O.K.? What would you recommend instead, I can always return it, as I'm waiting for my BP to arrive (I ordered it online, because I couldn't find it at RiteAid).

I also got the Purpose Gentle Cleanser, although most of the posts I've read say that Cetaphil is better for sensitive skin, and I certainly have that. I should've read the message boards a bit before I went to the store.

as long as your moisturizer is non-medicated, oil-free, and non-comedogenic it should be fine. And spf is recommended too, but probably not mandatory.

Ok so my moisturizer is oil-free, for medium to oily skin. How do I know if it is non-comedogenic? And another question... My cleanser 'claims' that it not only washes your skin but it moisturizes or at least doesnt dehydratate it. So should I still use a moisturizer?

Moisturizers will usually say "will not clog pores" or "noncomedogenic" right there on the package.

what cleanser are you referring to?

Mmm. I dont think you will know them as I live in Europe. It is kinda difficult to get those of the regime. My cleanser is 'seba med liquid face & body wash for sensitive skin'. Hmm I bought my moisturizer (it is made in Lithuania from natural ingredients) in a tube it just says that it is for sensitive average to oily skin types. How can I know if it is comedonic or not?

Ingredients:Aqua,Glyceryl Polymethacrylate,PEG-7-Glyceryl Cocoate, Betaine, Glycerin, Butelylene Glycol,Arctium Lappa, Citrus Limonum, Humus Lupulus, Hypericum Perforatum, Salvia Officinalis, Calendula Officinalis, Saponaria Officinalis, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Mthyl-,Propylparabens, PVM?MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Allantoin,Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide,Disodium EDTA.

God damn it... I found only 3 ingriedients in that table. They were all 0-0. Well I guess Ill try using it :confused: . Maybe anyone else know how can I recognize it?