Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hi everyone

Accutane log here we go :(

Ok well I just went to the derm and was prescribed 80 mg of accutane...I'm so scared...I haven't taken my first pill yet... (parents actually picking up pills now for me)....I'm 18 years old...My derm was really cool though...He was like, "one thing you need to understand that 90% of the time patients will be clear when done" and then said " And after your course I have no doubt you will be clear and be a crazy chick magnet"...made me laugh...

YAY! good luck with everything!!! It sounds like you have a good derm. Mine said NOTHING to me. about anything...i was expecting him to tell me something about the pill..but i got nothing. but thanks to this website I know alot..no thanks to him!

<3

Ya he is so awesome... I took my pill like 10 minutes ago and I know it's prolly all in my head but I got dry mouth and feel really dizzy right now... But I will be taking pictures every Sunday...I'm going to disneyland on friday so I will take my next pic in 3 days (thursday)

haha. Yea I'm sure it's all in your head. i guess it's just me...but I never think about anything when I take it..I just take it..as if I have all my life or something. I just don't think about anything. not sure if that's a bad thing or not.

p.s. which disney world? HAVE FUNNN!! I've never been...

haha. Yea I'm sure it's all in your head. i guess it's just me...but I never think about anything when I take it..I just take it..as if I have all my life or something. I just don't think about anything. not sure if that's a bad thing or not.

p.s. which disney world? HAVE FUNNN!! I've never been...

Ha I took one good look at my face in the mirror and was like, "here we go, it's gonna be going through some drastic changes" But im going to disney land the one in California, not Flordia which is World

Good luck man! We can go through this roller coaster together. I am scared, too!!!! :confused:

ha ok cool...School is going to suck because of breaking out like crazy but everytime I think of breaking out I think of being clear for college...

Hold tight man, the initial breakouts are gonna be BAD but u might not get it !! just be prepare ok !! And the good news is after the initial breakout , u will see improvement slowy and slowy kick in, its great !!

Hold tight man, the initial breakouts are gonna be BAD but u might not get it !! just be prepare ok !! And the good news is after the initial breakout , u will see improvement slowy and slowy kick in, its great !!

Ya I hope so but I know im gonna get the initial breakout or at least thats what my derm said...He said I have some pretty deep lesions and there gonna come up and then vanish ha :)

OH AND GUYS I LIED ON ACCIDENT!!! IM NOT TAKING 40 MG A DAY! IM TAKING 80 MG A DAY!! 2 40mg pills...!

soon u'll start peeling off, problably get a major breakout at about a month.

but when it's over, u'll be clear and happy.

Ya i'll probably get a major breakout about then, but I think i'm gonna get a kind of bad one soon, I feel all this pain in my face, ha... Damnit....maybe the vacation in a couple days will help me, lol...

so just out of boredom this Picture was also taken when I was 18...like not too long ago at all and then all the sudden I was PWN3D hardcore by acne ha

IPB Image

Good luck dude, hopefully you don't go on the same path as me. I had acne like yours last year when I was 18 in my senior year of college. I went on accutane at that dose in October of 04 and ended in the spring of 05. It came back two months after the course and I just started my second course at the same dose yesterday morning. I'm hoping for 3 clear years of college after thsi though!

Good luck dude, hopefully you don't go on the same path as me. I had acne like yours last year when I was 18 in my senior year of college. I went on accutane at that dose in October of 04 and ended in the spring of 05. It came back two months after the course and I just started my second course at the same dose yesterday morning. I'm hoping for 3 clear years of college after thsi though!

hey thanks! I wish you the best of luck too

And some hope for you..... my acne was exactly like yours and when I went on tane for the first time, I barely got an initial breakout. For like one week a had a few more pimples than normal but that was it. Near the end of the course I got a few cysts which I had never gotten before. But the initial breakout was easy. I have a feeling I'm going to get a fierce initial breakout on this second course. Ah well, I'll have clear skin in 6 months and I hope you do too man! I never thought I'd be the type to be worried about my looks but acne gets to me like nothing else.

And some hope for you..... my acne was exactly like yours and when I went on tane for the first time, I barely got an initial breakout. For like one week a had a few more pimples than normal but that was it. Near the end of the course I got a few cysts which I had never gotten before. But the initial breakout was easy. I have a feeling I'm going to get a fierce initial breakout on this second course. Ah well, I'll have clear skin in 6 months and I hope you do too man! I never thought I'd be the type to be worried about my looks but acne gets to me like nothing else.

awesome dude thanks... I really hope I don't get the initial breakout too... So you became clear then right? Ha how was that time when you were clear? I bet you were out all the time... I can't wait to be able to just leave the house and keep my head up...

Well on 2nd pill, 2nd night and my face has like 5 more whiteheads but they're really small... so I still consider this breaking out... Plus my face is in so much pain, ha...I just took 2 aspirin tablets which should help because it usually does... I'll take my 3rd pill tonight with some baked mostacolli :)