Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had these marks on my face for a while now, it's definitely worst at the top of my nose/forehead. They get itchy, and irritated often. They are REALLY red, and being pale faced anyway they show up real bad. I'm currently using Zineryt (which I used before for 3 months and got better from it, no reaction at all) baking soda (could be the problem?) and I just stopped using my usual face cleanser, Clearasil as it wasn't doing anything for my acne and made my face dry. Now I'm washing with hot water, twice a day. Can anyone advise me on what to do?? Should I moisturize or what?? These red marks/spots are horrendusly ugly and are itchy all the time, I hate it :evil:

post-35606-1137451715_thumb.jpg

post-35606-1137451715_thumb.jpg

I've had acne for a couple years now, Zineryt was making it alot better, till I stopped using it for a few weeks, now it seems to be having no effect. I don't think it's Rosacea (isn't that incurable???), these itchy rashes have only appeared in the last couple weeks or so

Yeah, looks a lot like rosacea. Definitely do NOT use hot water, use water the same temperature as your skin (i.e. doesn't feel hot or cold). Visit your doctor to get treatment for it.

hey dont wash your face with "HOT" water try something WARM or i recommend washing your face with COOL.. not cold.. it`ll take away the dryness..everytime your face is dry was it with cool water.. splash for about 10-20 seconds and let it soak in for like a little while and damp off

iv recently got the same thing also and im not sure what it is. the itchyness annoys the shit outa me. does it go away then come back? mine does and before it goes red and goes lumpy it gets itchjy so i can tell its gunna go red again. im gunna see my derm on the 23rd ill let you know. i think it might be rosacea

have have the same thing on my nose, around my mouth, and some on my forhead... acne products have had no effect on it for the past 3 years. The stuff my derm prescribes doesn't work either.. still have the same problem.