Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnedefeater

How many of you have had more success with dermatologist then Regimen?

I tried the regien for a month and a half. It didn't have any improvement on my skin. I know I should give it longer but I said forget it because my derm. got me clear before while using Dynacin, Tazorac and Triaz pads.

how many of you are in a similar situation?

I've had success with both in my lifetime.

I choose to use Dan's Regimen at this point because it's easy, convenient, inexpensive, and it works for me. And I got tired of monthly derm appointments.

The last time I went to the derm 1-1/2 yrs ago or so, I told them I had sensitive skin. I was prescribed Klaron lotion and tazorac cream (and septra (pills), but I told them I wasn't going to take them unless I really needed to)- both of which are very gentle. These were what finally cleared me. I had gone to the derm years before this, but at that time, all the acne topicals were incredibly harsh, and aggravated my skin so much that I never cleared up from them. I stopped using tazorac when my insurance no longer covered it (I was clear by then and figured I wouldn't foot the cost out of pocket unless I needed it - my skin stayed clear so I never bought it again). When my insurance companies switched again, it was tazorac that was covered and klaron that wasn't, so I switched over to bp. My skin's stayed clear for the most part with bp (I do break out if I stop).

Derm was of more help to me, my skin can't handle the BP on the regimen and I just ended up BRIGHT red, peeling and still with loads of zits when I did it (maybe 5-6 weeks a few years back). I had better luck with BCP, clindamycin (although that didn't last) and Azelex.

I've had success with both in my lifetime.

I choose to use Dan's Regimen at this point because it's easy, convenient, inexpensive, and it works for me. And I got tired of monthly derm appointments.

actually i think taking a pill once a day is much easier and cheaper..

as long as it helps..