Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scotty_

Very lost (not acne but skin related)

I have acne like most of you people and I'll admit I've gotten rid of 95% of it because of this regimen. With that aside, I'm still far from what I would consider "clear". To be honest acne isn't really a big deal. If I had only moderate acne I really wouldn't care that much in the first place. However, I've had the great fortune of being gifted with a way above average number of moles on my face. Don't get me wrong, it's ok to have some, it even looks good with a few of them, but I have way too many. They are destroying the person I am. Literally everyday I obsess with seeing their destruction. I can't stand them. I hate them more than anything on this planet. So why not get rid of some of them?

Simple answer. I go to the derm and he says...... "well if we get rid of any, a scar will result and so I'd recommend for you that you just accept them". Those were probably the most depressing words I've ever heard. It's like being told that your acne is there to stay with you your entire life. I really have no idea what to do and to be honest I'm getting quite depressed. It seems I'm in a boat by myself, because 99.5% of the population doesn't have to deal with this nonsense.

I'm embarassed that my family has hardly any of them on their faces and I'm embarassed that I'm in a huge minority in terms of the population. Hell, I'm embarassed to type this on a forum where I don't know anyone. If I could somehow get rid of a few of them with no /minimal scaring I can't stress how happy I would be. I can't imagine how good it would feel to be like other people.

The only good news this that I've found a few sites on the internet

http://www.molewartremoval.com/

and the more impressive: http://www.blemish-free.com/truth.html

Apparently these sites claim doctors of full of it and that there are natural ways to remove moles without leaving scars (or at least leaving very minimal ones). I have no idea if I should buy into this. It's basically a miracle cure to me. The blemish free site is approved by the FDA so that's a definate plus, however I'm still kind of scared and skeptical of purchacing one of these products. I just want to know if anyone has ever heard / used any kind of natural remedy for blemishes on their skin?

I talked to the derm about this too (not these specific sites) and he said "they are not complete BS, but I don't think it would work for you". Now keeping in mind this derm owns his own private skin care business, he obviously wants me to spends money for his laser and surgical methods which are insanely expensive.

I wasn't sure where to post this mainly because it doesn't really deal with acne, but I have nowhere else to go and vent my frustration. I just can't deal with this anymore.

i gots one on my chin. every holiday i wud slash it up and rub bleach into it. it faded slightly. the BP seems to be making it fade even more. but dont mind me im one crazy fuck. im sure there are many ways u can get rid of them. what about those skin-lightening creams black people use those are widely available u cud rub them on the moles. or just use concealer. or have mole removal operations i think in the uk theyre about £100 each...

if theyre moles and not freckles i would NOT recommend doing anything to themlike putting topicals on them, as they could turn dodgy [as in cancer] pretty quickly if they dont like something. i have skin that gets moles pretty easily also and i HATE IT it's soo fucking annoying. luckily none on my face [..yet...knock on wood] but everywhere else.

what to do about them: if you dont like them, get them removed! any decent plastic surgeon or even a good dermatologist can remove them with minimal scaring, and even then scars are muuuch easier to fade/get rid of than moles themselves. plus they wont go dodgy. and mole removal is not costly at all, my derm does it and bills it to insurance as 'office visit.' mole removal is covered by insurance [and i imagine the nhs] because it can be classed as 'youre worried you have cancer on it.' the doc can tell insurance she wants to remove it to do a biopsy caues it looks sketchy.

Guest charyan

my mole on my face really hurt the other day, it felt like there was a spot behind, and me being a drunken idiot that i am, decided to try and squeeze it, after no success, i went to bed and seriously, it fucking swelled up so much it was atleast 3 times as big. It was the size of a cyst i had on my chin and was just as painful, what worried me was that it was behind my mole, as stated above, i was told not to put anything on it as it may turn cancerous, however i have put some stuff on it and im now kinda worried.

Its been about a week since it started and it has gone down a lot in size, its just like a normal spot now, but im worried about what the mole underneath will look like :( i've refrained from putting anything on it and i just hope that everything turns out ok, i'd rather now have cancer, that would annoy me

my mole on my face really hurt the other day, it felt like there was a spot behind, and me being a drunken idiot that i am, decided to try and squeeze it, after no success, i went to bed and seriously, it fucking swelled up so much it was atleast 3 times as big. It was the size of a cyst i had on my chin and was just as painful, what worried me was that it was behind my mole, as stated above, i was told not to put anything on it as it may turn cancerous, however i have put some stuff on it and im now kinda worried.

Its been about a week since it started and it has gone down a lot in size, its just like a normal spot now, but im worried about what the mole underneath will look like :( i've refrained from putting anything on it and i just hope that everything turns out ok, i'd rather now have cancer, that would annoy me

are you saying a zit was underneath your mole? If so, I doubt it would be cancerous and I also doubt putting acne medication on it would turn it cancerous.