Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdr8

Started at 80 mg a day.....

My doctor started me at 80 mg a day, I weigh 164 lbs so I know the dosage is right but should I be on a lower dose to start cuz of the "initial breakout"?

I started at 80 mg a day my first round and my initial breakout wasn't too bad. The reason I'm worried now though is that I've noticed my face has been scarring easier from pimples and whatnot. And I know that just because I didn't get a bad initial breakout the first time doesn't mean I won't get a bad initial breakout this time so I'm worried my skin will scar badly....

anyone else get started on 80 mg a day?

I started out on 80mg and had no "big" initial breakout whatsoever. After 2 months, he bumped up my dosage to 120mg. THIS time, I may have gotten a lightbreakout from the dosage being upped, but nothing near what it could have been (from other posts I've read about).

I started on 40mg, and the intial breakout wasnt to bad, im not on month 2, and my derm bumped me up to, two 40mgs one day (80mg) and one 40 the next. I've noticed im breaking out in lots of cycts, and my face is also red and really dry, then it was on just 40mg.

You should problee expect a pretty bad breakout. but they go away quiet fast on accutane.

I started on 40 for the first month. No break out.. or at least it was very limited. Once i got bumped to 80 mg a day.. it came out like crazy.. Month 3 and im breakin out insanely.