Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdr8

mdr8's accutane log course #2

Well, I took my first pill this morning of my second course. Here's all my info. and background info....

Male, 19 years old, 5' 10", 164 lbs.

Went on first course Oct. 2004 at 40 mg twice daily (amnesteem). Ended course May 2005 at the same dose. I was taken off amnesteem for one month in the middle due to depression. So I was on it for 3 months then a month break then 3 more months. My acne started coming back about two months after the course and I tried things like dan's regimen but that irritated me too much and I eventually was put on minocycline and retin a micro .04% again. This broke me out bad and now I'm on accutane again. I am praying that this second course will clear me. I am once again on 40 mg twice daily of amnesteem.

Good on you mate for returning to the tane. Must have been really frustrating

for you. Hope that this time it's kinder to you :)

Keep us updated,

Mr Tom

Yeah I can't stand having acne, especially after suffering through one month of tane. My skin is starting to scar and I'm really worried about the initial breakout for this second course, I don't want to be full of scars after I'm clear. I'm thinking about calling my derm and seeing if i should be starting at maybe 40mg a day and ramp up to 80 mg. I dunno....

Thanks guys! I hope your courses all go smoothly too. Alright so this is my first day on the pills and I just took my second pill after dinner. It's strange but it seems that my pimples came to a head today faster than they normally do. I doubt it has anything to do with taking only two accutane pills. I'm praying for a light initial breakout!

Day #2

I took my third pill this morning. I don't know if it's possible for me to be getting the initial breakout after only my first two pills yesterday, but I woke up this morning with 10 new pimples that are to a head. I don't know if this is coincidence but I haven't had a breakout like this for a looong time. And since I've been on minocycline and retin-a for almost two months, my acne has been kind of under control. I hope that if this is not an initial breakout..... my initial breakout isn't much worse than this...

Day #2

Just took pill #4. No changes yet. Just a little flaky skin but I think that's from the retin-a that I stopped using two days ago. I'm stocked up on cetaphil, aquaphor, odorless fish oil capsules for joint pain when it comes and have dr. dan's cortibalm coming in the mail. I also plan to get clinique superbalm and clinique's exceptionally soothing cream for upset skin. If my hair gets dry I plan to just condition instead of washing for a while and also probably use eye drops if they get dry.

Oh yeah, I have some pretty crusty boogers already today, probably just from the cold dry weather and not the accutane yet (I just remembered how bad the boogers suck when on accutane, ugh I want 6 months to just go by).

Day #2

Just took pill #4. No changes yet. Just a little flaky skin but I think that's from the retin-a that I stopped using two days ago. I'm stocked up on cetaphil, aquaphor, odorless fish oil capsules for joint pain when it comes and have dr. dan's cortibalm coming in the mail. I also plan to get clinique superbalm and clinique's exceptionally soothing cream for upset skin. If my hair gets dry I plan to just condition instead of washing for a while and also probably use eye drops if they get dry.

Oh yeah, I have some pretty crusty boogers already today, probably just from the cold dry weather and not the accutane yet (I just remembered how bad the boogers suck when on accutane, ugh I want 6 months to just go by).

do the fish oil capsules really work?

Not sure, I didn't find out about them until after my first course. When I start getting joint pain I plan on seeing if they do. They work for "beentheredonethat" and she knows what she's talking about. Everybody's different though, worth a shot I'd say.

Day #3

Just took my 6th pill. No changes today. My face kina seems a little less oily. Maybe the accutane is starting to work. No side effects yet. I predict mid next week my lips will be fucked.

By the way, I just thought I'd post some pictures of the results accutane gave me after the first round. I'm hoping to get these same results only a little more permanent this time......

IPB Image

IPB Image

hmm..I don't know if you know it or not..or did it on purpose..but on your signature it says 1/16/05..and if it was this year then it's 06..i did the SAME thing..except in a place i can't change it..haha

oh oh oh..and to add on...CUTE PICS!!! oh wait..the thing i should say..."what nice results you got."

If I had a digital camera I'd take pictures of my face now so I could do some before/after shots.

Oh yeah, I'll change my signature thanks, haha.

Alright, so it's the end of day 3 here and I noticed something that has been happening the past two days that def. didn't happen before I started taking the pills. I get these puss filled white heads, sometimes decent sized and painful. I get them normally but I'm getting way more of them, I definately don't pick them but when the puss hardens if I like gently touch it, the scab falls off and it reveals like, another whitehead forming directly beneath it. It's like two pimples in one. really weird. If the hardened puss (scab type thing) falls off and theres like a pit in my skin, I put neosporin on it. seems to be working okay. That's all for today.

Alright, so it's the end of day 3 here and I noticed something that has been happening the past two days that def. didn't happen before I started taking the pills. I get these puss filled white heads, sometimes decent sized and painful. I get them normally but I'm getting way more of them, I definately don't pick them but when the puss hardens if I like gently touch it, the scab falls off and it reveals like, another whitehead forming directly beneath it. It's like two pimples in one. really weird. If the hardened puss (scab type thing) falls off and theres like a pit in my skin, I put neosporin on it. seems to be working okay. That's all for today.

Ya this is happening to me... my chin is in so much pain though with this beautiful big lump with a small head... I'm breaking out now, it's starting to fuck with me...

and you look clear as hell in those pics, I hope it works just as good! And I hope to be like that someday!

Thanks a lot, yah I definately hope I'm like that again, for more than just a month or so. I think I will, the problem with it last time is my clogged pores were never purged. It seems like it's gonna do that this time cuz a lot of my flesh colored bumps that nothing happened to last time are turning into the puss filled white heads I'm getting. I'm expecting a pretty harsh initial breakout but it's a price I gotta pay to rid myself of this acne. I've been dealing with this shit for faaaar too long. It sucks so bad espe

well for me the scab just falls off..and there's not another one underneath. but yea..that is kinda weird.

Day #4

Alright just took my first pill. The dry skin is already kicking in which is weird and I'm definately getting the initial breakout. My skin looks like hell. Worst it's been in a while. This better be the initial breakout or I'm really in for it this month. I'll post again tonight. Take care everyone.

update, I just got a HORRIBLE nosebleed. side effects are setting in. My lowe back pain is slowly starting to come.

Day # 5

I woke up this morning with about 5 new pustules. My lips are a tiny bit more chapped this morning. I think this is going to be a long initial breakout stage for me.

update, I just got a HORRIBLE nosebleed. side effects are setting in. My lowe back pain is slowly starting to come.

i'm soooo scared i'm gonna get a nosebleed...bring on the chapped lips...it's just something about the nosebleed that gets me. And if i was at school..jeesh..

Day # 5

I woke up this morning with about 5 new pustules. My lips are a tiny bit more chapped this morning. I think this is going to be a long initial breakout stage for me.

ok i'm gonna create a new achronim? is that what it's called...well..anyways..for initial breakout it's now gonna be ib....

so hopefully it won't be a long ib and you'll just go ahead and get it out of the way and only(hopefully) have good things to look forward too! :)

<3