Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Jojoba oil, emu oil

Heard a lot about theses 2 oils. I wouldn't consider the emu as i'm a veggie, but would the jojoba do anything for scars? Does it do anything an ordinary moisturiser wouldn't do?

Thanks.

An oil that is like Emu, but w/o the animal is squalene oil. An oil that I am looking into for scars is Helichrysum Oil. It is THE best oil for scars, it is expensive but everything I've read and heard from people are wonderful. I dont use Jojoba oil because I've heard it breaks some people out worse, but I do use emu oil and I love it.

I really think alot of this stuff is all in the mind, sort of like how so many people swore up and down that vitamin E oil help heal scars when studies actually found that it either impeded healing and/or caused dermatitis. I wouldn't say any of this stuff is better than neosporin or vaseline. All hype like that damn elcina junk. Just my opinion though.

I really think alot of this stuff is all in the mind, sort of like how vitamin E oil was thought to help heal scars when they actually found out in studies that it either impeded healing or actually caused dermatitis. I wouldn't say any of this stuff is better than neosporin or vaseline. All hype like that damn elcina junk. Just my opinion though.

That is true with a lot of things. For me, I dont strictly go by what people say. I read (tons) about it, both bad and good, and I try it for myself. I think why most of these things "dont work" for most people is because everyone wants INSTANT results. People dont want to wait a month or three months, after one week they stop if they dont see results they're wanting. You have to give things a chance to work, it's not overnight, but it works.

I've been using my emu oil for 2 months now. Not only is a good moisturizer - which is reason enough IMO to use it, but I do notice that my face has more color, it's more supple, softer and my marks are fading. Is that to say it will work on everyone? Nope, my face isn't the same as everyone, my marks aren't the same as everyone's. So. What works for me, isn't going to work for everyone. All I can do is give my review when asked.

I have been reading on Heli oil for months now, reading every single thing I can find and IMO I think it would do wonders for *some* acne scars, not ALL not for EVERYONE but hell, unless you try it, how do you know it isn't for you? Giving it a week isn't going to do it either, give it time. Something acne suffers dont have, time. No one wants to give ANYTHING time to work. After a short while, they quit. I was like that too. It took the product I'm on a month to work. Thank god I stuck it out because it's working wonders for me now, but if I had quit after a week, I would have never known.

Anyway, that's my novel. Not to say you are wrong, but unless you've tried it AND gave it time to work then you dont know if it will work or not.

Good point Jess. I totally agree that alot of people don't give things enough time but with all the stuff discussed on this board you really can't try all the things listed. But when you try something for 6 months chances are if your scars were fairly new to begin with they would have healed naturally on their own so people confuse this and think damn that product really worked.

To be honest do not think oils can really do anything dramatic for scars. At least not old ones.

True. And there are tons of things listed on this board to try, I agree. Which is why I think a lot of it doesn't work for people or aggervates acne worse, trying 98766788 things at once cant be good for one's skin. Someone posts that applying urine (just an example) works and EVERYONE is trying that, on top of hundreds of the other things they're trying. Which leads me to how can anyone pin point what is and isn't working when you're trying 10 different things at one time? I dont get it?

What I did was read up on what I wanted to try. I gave my face at least a week of applying nothing, just gentle washing. Then I'd try a product, give it time and then know for myself if it worked or not. With the new topical I am on, I did that. Once I saw it was working for me, I added the emu oil. This way if I started to get worse, I know what the cause is and can eliminate it.

I agree too that time will heal most marks and redness. Why I like the emu oil so much is because it's a great moisturizer and brought back the color in my face, it's not blochy anymore, it's more supple and soft. Plus, in my case it's helping heal those marks left over from current acne. I can see the redness start to go away, it isn't overnight, but I do notice it.

I cant comment on a lot that is posted on these boards, because I haven't tried 90% of what is posted here, but I do like to post on what has worked for me and what I have tried.

i have rolling scars and i do think moisturizers help alot. i agree they have little effect on the scar tissue, but they do soften the skin and improve skin tone. by just imrpoving that, it can make scars look much better. they way i see it-- moisturizers are a simple and risk free. why not use them

You're right olbarn - The bad thing about it is that you can keep doing that all your life and in 50 years you will still see the scars.

You're right olbarn - The bad thing about it is that you can keep doing that all your life and in 50 years you will still see the scars.

I think it depends on the scars. Not everyone has deep or severe scars, so while they may fade in 6 months by themselves, if I can use something that can fade them in 3, then why not? Why do I have to let them fade on their own? And if it works for me in 3 months, then why cant I post about it?

I'm not saying that any oil will do that, but if I happen to use one that does, then I should be able to post about the results I've had with it. Not all skin types are the same either, so something that can *help* fade my marks (faster) isn't going to help someone else, or someone else may have better results.

It's all trial and error. I *do* believe an oil can help *ME* maybe not you or someone else but *I* have seen what the oil has done for *ME* and I'm not about to give up on it. I think with regular use for *ME* that I can help fade the marks *I* have faster. I can not speak as far as what an oil or any product can do for someone else.

The only advice I have for anyone wanting to try something is research. Google is your friend, use it. Dont rely on what I say or you say or anyone. Research it for yourself.

I dont know about those 2 oils but I am considering getting Elicina Cream. Here is a website about it. It is www.abatecane.com and it tells all about it. Lots of testimonails from people who used it too. It is not that cheap but seems to work and makes sense. As gross as it sounds, it is made from snail secretions, claiming it is the same secretions that help the snail heal and regenerate his shell and body when damaged by infections. I am going to order it and will let everyone know if it seems to be working. Seems to take sometime but it claims to reduce ice pick scars too, which nothing else seems to.

sjeagle,

You must be a newby to scar treatments. Did you not read my first post above? Elcina is a huge massive scam. That website you listed is what they use as propaganda for their product.

sjeagle,

You must be a newby to scar treatments. Did you not read my first post above? Elcina is a huge massive scam. That website you listed is what they use as propaganda for their product.

No, I didnt see the post that you had. I just read it though. So, have you tried that cream or heard from others that did? I just get desperate and hope something works one of these times!!

Yeah, I was foolish enough to try it when I was a newby. Pure waste of money. By the way if you are thinking of trying something use the search function on this forum to try and find it. Chances are someone has and you will find some good input.

I tried using the search earlier and it wasn't bringing up anything. I searched for "emu oil" and I got nuttin. Any ideas?

I dont know about those 2 oils but I am considering getting Elicina Cream. Here is a website about it. It is www.abatecane.com and it tells all about it. Lots of testimonails from people who used it too. It is not that cheap but seems to work and makes sense. As gross as it sounds, it is made from snail secretions, claiming it is the same secretions that help the snail heal and regenerate his shell and body when damaged by infections. I am going to order it and will let everyone know if it seems to be working. Seems to take sometime but it claims to reduce ice pick scars too, which nothing else seems to.

Jess,

The reason why nothing came up when you entered "emu oil" is because the search engine for this forum unfortunately does not target words that have only 3 or fewer letters. Both emu and oil are 3 letter words. I know this sucks huh? Try "emuoil" in the search and you will find something just because there are some weblinks that contain emuoil connected like that.

emuoil

Yeah, I was foolish enough to try it when I was a newby. Pure waste of money. By the way if you are thinking of trying something use the search function on this forum to try and find it. Chances are someone has and you will find some good input.

Thanks for your advice. I will try the search function like you said.

sjeagle, don't buy elicina!!!! like IDBN said, it's a total scam. I was also naive enough to have bought it. TWO of them to be exact. what a complete waste of my money. I curse those bastards, i really do. :evil:

IDBNV52-can I ask you a dumb question? What is dermatitis? I had been using vitamin E oil for a month or so mixed w/ TTO and had some weird stuff going on w/ my face lately. Wondering if it's the cause? Thanks

Never apply vit E to your scars, it makes em worse i read. Eat it if you like, but don't apply it.

Back to my topic: does Jojoba do anything that an ordinary moisturiser would not?

How the heck can Vitamin E make your scars worse? I'm applying neosporin ointment right now (and it contains vitamin E) to very shallow scars that are either forming or could potentially form from redmarks. I don't really see how neosporin could actually be detrimental to scarring. What's up with this?