Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started Dans regimen on the 12th....I'm starting to clear up already...my husband has already said something :) YES! I am so happy....

my problem is actually forcing myself to take the time to do my face right :/

I suck at routine schedules....I just pulled myself up out of bed (accideltly fell asleep, didnt get to wash) so i'm showing some good progress towards me clearing....lets hope...I need some good support/motivation ! hehehe

BTW i'm still getting used to the bp ... using neutrogena.... little irritated still only using the beginning amount....does anyone know when I will feel like my face isnt on fire afterwards and be able to use the full amount dan shows?

thanks

emily

so glad things are looking good already! And yes, I think the biggest challenge people have with ANY acne treatment program, is sticking with it, each and every day! But it's so important. I've been on the Regimen for 11 months now and absolutely have not ever missed an application, lol.

Take 4 weeks to work up to the full dosage, don't rush it or you'll probably end up more red and irritated. It can take a few weeks for your skin to get used to the benzoyl peroxide.

Anytime you need encouragement, you can PM me if you want to.

Good luck and stick with it!

I slept during the day yesterday and now my schedule is getting messed up : / havent washed yet and I feel a zit coming in in the crease of my nose ... it hurts :(

I suck at this schedule thing :(

i just washed....my face is so dry right around my eye area...like my cheekbones and right above my eyebrows...also i was reading the back of my off brand cetaphil lotion and it said something like macadamia nut OIL

I got it at walmart....should I take it back...I'm pretty sure if you arent satisfied they will give you your money back...does anyone know the store policies better?

I just applied my bp...does anyone know if it will help red marks from previous acne at all? I have been trying to not use makeup lately...especially because i used neutrogena clean and clear makeup and it contains sal. acid I know i'm not supposed to mix it...

does anyone know of any good makeup for your skin that has good coverage and will be ok for your skin?

To be honest with you......YES your routine sucks !!!!

if i was you i wouldnt use all that crap women use on the faces! (im male if you didnt guess)

Wash face......5 mins later use a small amount of BP all over your face.......and thats it repeat at night.

i seem to see alot of people using WAY too much stuff on there face!! like :

wash with soap

use BP

use mousterizer

use make up

ect.ect

dont it make you think that your skin is screaming "what the fuck are you putting on me now ?".

the less crap you use the better if you ask me

and yea BP will get rid of older red spot marks

Goodluck,dont give up,dont pick.

Scooby you are absolutely right. However our skins should shut the fu*k up as it brings so much problems to us. And if you cut at least one part out of the regimen it wont be the same and the effect can not be the same also.

I'm not using any of that stuff on my face

I'm only using a gentle cleaner

2.5% bp

and my moisturizer...which is an off brand off the cetaphil...which many people use...but i was reading the back of the lable and saw it contails oil...not good...i'm switching moisturizers.

also i'm not using any makeup

so no my routine doesnt suck

Its just me getting used to the routine that sucks, lol

Yup, following the Regimen isn't the easiest. As a matter of fact I'm sitting here tired as hell waiting for my damn face to dry so I can moisturize and go to bed :angel:

In the end it is without a doubt worth it though. I rather waste a little time each day then have acne interfere with my REAL life and prevent me from feeling comfortable or even worse prevent me from doing things I want to.

When you look at it like that, it's but a small price to pay.

Oh I know...between taking care of my little girl who is 4 mos and my husband who is deploying to iraq it seems i can never fit in time for myself...i'm workin on it though...my schedule is always out of whack but i manage it in somehow

I`m real sorry if people took what i said the wrong way *gulp* i suffered for 14 years with "BAD" acne ! so i feel everyones pain and sorrow.

What you are using right now..."I'm only using a gentle cleaner

2.5% bp

and my moisturizer"...sounds brilliant as its very much what i used except the moisturizer,i used a clenser and 5% Bp (10%bp killed!!) and stuck with that routine for a year then about 6 months after that i changed to 2.5% Bp and used that.....still use it now even though been clear for over 2 years now.

Sorry yes i meant keeping up with the routine

My old routine was :

MORNING

Wash gently with a clenser

use a moderate amount of bp 5%

Night

same as above!

(shave every other day)

GoodLuck