Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm coming off like an old lady I don't care!! I haven't been here in a while, so when I came back and logged in, I checked responses to my posts. A lot of my posts, I'm giving advice, as a lot of you do, about people's different acne problems. Most of the posts don't have any responses to them. Now, if you take the time to care enough about someone to try to help them out with their problem, is it too much to ask if they tell you how things worked out for them? Or said at least Thank You for the advice? Not just take the advice and run without even acknowledging the time the other person took time to log on and try to help them out? People start posts here all the time, where they post their problem, and they don't respond to the other posters helping them out. I just think that's sooooo rude! If you post a problem, and someone tries to help you out, please say thank you - or add if their information helped at all. Just common courtesy for the trouble the other person went through for you, which of course they didn't have to!!!!

lol. take a chill pill dear.

Maybe they forgot to check back. sometimes i do that...i forget where and on what i posted last after a long absence. Well its really nice of u to try and offer help wherever possible but i guess you cant expect much in return here. Afterall its just an internet forum...no strings attached whatsoever. people come, get help and leave.

Yes it would be nice if people always expressed thanks and common courtesy. But ideas are free. This is the internet. People come here to share things for FREE, not for something in return. I'm not saying that it's right to be rude, but I don't think you should expect too much either.

Considering most of people's "advice" around here tends to be the same things posted many times before by people too lazy to check old threads, it seems a bit much to ask for people to thank you for it.

As well, there are enough waste of time posts on most of these boards without pumping up the number with a bunch of "wow, I really appraciate the fact that you felt like posting your advice" to every newcomer.

Considering most of people's "advice" around here tends to be the same things posted many times before by people too lazy to check old threads, it seems a bit much to ask for people to thank you for it.

As well, there are enough waste of time posts on most of these boards without pumping up the number with a bunch of "wow, I really appraciate the fact that you felt like posting your advice" to every newcomer.

I could not agree more. Well said!

I've never seen a message board where people say 'thanks' for anything besides a direct answer to their question, and even then that's rare.

If someone gives you good advice, its polite say thanks - and maybe say did it help or not. Obviously that person who answered your post wants you to get better as much as you do. Settle down, chicken wangs, don't get your tail feathers all ruffled. Chickaboommmmmm!!!!!!!