Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bluelight

Excuses for not returning calls

Truth is I just don't have the mood to pick up the phone or return the calls -- all through this whole holiday. I just felt down and worrying about some stuff.

Any suggestions. Just for the heck of it. Please share.

I use the I was at work one alot.

or the sorry, my battery died and i couldn't find my charger. (make sure your phone is off though)

I also use the i lost my phone one ocassionly.

Nah nah, it was for the whole holiday, and I could trace my missed calls' caller ID, so there's no excuse for not knowing that they've called. I just need an excuse for intentionally not returning their calls/ receiving them.

I say my mum borrowed my phone and I told her not to answer any of my calls, but she was using it for work or my dad, something along those lines. :liar:

Or my phone hasn't been working and I haven't been able to answer any calls or just pretend you never got any calls? I sometimes say my screen is broken or they might have called the wrong number. Just things like that. It sucks when people call with their number showing and I don't answer if I don't want to speak to them but when they call on private, I answer and it's a bit obvious I'm avoiding them. Blah..

I know what you mean about not wanting to answer calls though, especially if you know it'll be someone wanting to meet up or you just don't feel like talking. I know when I feel down I'm not in the mood to talk at all and people think I'm being rude and grumpy, when I'm just upset and fed up.

Maybe honesty is the best policy in this instance. Tell the ignored people's that you've been feeling very down of late, and that you really didn't have the mind to return calls.

An obvious lie like 'i lost my phone' could actually detract from the truth of your situation.

Good luck.

Maybe honesty is the best policy in this instance. Tell the ignored people's that you've been feeling very down of late, and that you really didn't have the mind to return calls.

An obvious lie like 'i lost my phone' could actually detract from the truth of your situation.

Good luck.

yeah right.

they don't understand, and even take offence.

they don't have to face the dilema of "should i go out looking like this"?

why is it always them vs me...? :think:

Well. The actual thing was, there was this anxiety thing about me going on and I was worried sick about some stuffs those past weeks. I don't want them to know that since they are not really close friends. I'd feel embarrassed.

Someone suggested that I just say one of my distant 'relatives' was sick and I was by their bedside all day.

There's this thing with my anxiety. I want to tell someone else about my worry, but I always think that others have their own sources of worry stress and tension, I shouldn't bother them.

them: "why didn't you call me back?"

you: "crap, you called? my phone is really messed up, I dropped it too many times.. so what's up?"

that's it. That's how it's done.

Guest Poker-Butt

honestly, i do this all the time, i'll disappear from my best friend when im having a breakout ... and i just wont call back...i mean to call but when i get a chance i just wanna smoke myself retarded till i forget and then i dont call.... later i apologize and tell her ive been depressed and she understands... so

if those people cant understand that uve been feeling down and not in the mood to talk to people , then forget em

its life...sometimes people just dont feel like talking

Guest · Jake ·

"I've been popping pills these last few days so I'll talk to ya later."