Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JoyOnMyLeft

3 month mark

I have been on the Clear Skin Regimen since October 13 and as of now my skin has not really improved. I usually had mild/sometimes moderate acne but in September it flared up pretty bad for no real reason (I guess I would describe it as moderate since I've never had cysts but its just a lot of zits and whiteheads) Since being on the CSR Ive started to get more clear but I always break out again (its happened 3 times so far). Now im recovering from a breakout. I have followed the regimen closely and its frustrating. I made a dermotologist appt. (my first one) in a few weeks. Is my case not severe enough for Accutane? I guess I just don't know what to expect them to do. How much longer should I continue the CSR?

thanks for any suggestions.

i say: that's unencouraging..

i'm on my second month, recovering from the first big breakout, and i was pretty much hoping for the CSR to work eventually..

u can ask for accutane, tell your derm nothing else has helped.

i hate the idea that u have to literally beg them to give u a prescription.

you have to beg hard because accutane has many "known" side effects, including effects on the liver and for depression as well. My parents won't let me take it because of this.

you have to beg hard because accutane has many "known" side effects, including effects on the liver and for depression as well. My parents won't let me take it because of this.

tell me about it, i have them all.

if the CSR doesn't work, i'm gonna take tane for the third time.

i'd rather live less and be happy then live more and be miserable.

The products I'm using:

Cetaphil Cleansing Bar

Neutrogena On-The-Spot

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

I do the regimen in the morning after showering and shaving (I tried the razor Dan recommended for less irritation but it didn't work well) and I do it before bed. The only mistake from the list I think I may be making is not being gentle enough with the BP (I use two finger-lengths of BP) b/c sometimes I'm in a rush in the morning. Also sometimes the time of application isn't very evenly spaced b/c of my work schedule (I go to school and work overnights). Otherwise I follow the instructional video pretty carefully: using the cleansing bar for 10-20 seconds, waiting a few minutes before applying the BP, and then 5-10 more minutes before the lotion (2 squirts). I also use Almay Clear Complexion to cover up the redness that the BP causes. Also I'm 19 years old if it makes any difference.

Thanks again!

I believe Almay clear Complexion is a medicated foundation, with Salicylic acid. My advice is to ditch that. And try not to rush.

If you don't see any improvement soon to encourage you, perhaps your acne is stubborn/severe and you may need to consult a dermatologist.

If this helps any. . I'm on month five and am just now really seeing the results I expected at first, just don't rush things. .it definitely takes time. At the three month mark I was pretty fed up with it too, just keep it up and everything should get better. Good Luck!